Thread: Has there been a change in Levenger True Writer design?

Thanks

Default Has there been a change in Levenger True Writer design?

I like Levenger True Writers, or at least I used to. I recently bought a True Writer in Golden Tortoise because it looks fantastic. It writes even better than it looks; the nib is one of the better steel nibs I have ever used to put ink to paper. The fine nib lays down a smooth and juicy line that is surprisingly consistent on different kinds of paper. In short, it writes and looks so nicely that it would have a prominent place in my daily rotation if it wasn't for one problem that I didn't notice when I was buying it.

The cap posts only in the sense that it slides over the back of the pen barrel. However, the cap does not catch onto the barrel at all meaning I cannot use the pen with the cap posted. The pen is a bit short for me without the extra length of the cap posted. Now that I encountered this problem, I have gone back over my older True Writers, and it looks like the barrels of the older models do not taper the same way the Golden Tortoise does. Is it just me, or do barrels of the older models taper less until about a quarter of an inch before they reach the bottom tassie and then curve to meet the tassie versus the newer models that have an even taper all the way down to the tassie?

If this is an intentional design change, is there any solution to the cap not posting other than wrapping some Scotch tape on the back of the barrel? I like several of the newer acrylics, but if they won't post, I have no use for them.

custar

Thanks

Default Re: Has there been a change in Levenger True Writer design?

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the new True Writer. I recently received one of that same model. Fortunately, while mine does not posted as deeply as my earlier models, it does post securely enough not to be an issue when writing. I think you are right about a change in the barrel and I also noticed a change in the design of the grip section. If I were you I would contact Levenger about an exchange. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

If I was you I would definitely be contacting your retailer and/or Levenger with this question as they are the people to solve the problem. Good luck.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

My older True Writer posts, but it is scuffed on the barrel by the cap, so I have stopped paying it. I have XL male hands, and I can write just fine with it unposted. But your feeling is clearly different. How is the section changed now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Can you post a photo of the pen?

Thanks

The one that I just got (arrived today) seems to post fine.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin_Ute For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 4th, 2022)

Thanks

True Writer was my first "legit" FP. Fond memories from the early days but I don't remember them being outstanding writers.