Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Desantis

Thanks

Default Re: Desantis

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    [ oh please no
    Why? You don't like Walt Disney? Or is it the whole mouse ears thing that offends?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Rioting Drag Queens Village?

Say what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Rioting Drag Queens Village?

Say what?
    I was being facetious. Disney, including Disneyland, Disney World and Disney media, used to have a wholesome image. For some strange reason, they decided to branch out into things with sexual themes, both orientation wise and in terms of gender identity. Disney is first and foremost for young children, and presenting that stuff to them is highly inappropriate. If the young people were teenagers, then that would be different. The same would be true if they presented real women in string bikinis mud wrestling. It's just not age appropriate.

As for the family vs. family brawls in their theme parks, what the heck is that all about? They're doing this in front of kids, too, which is just plain wrong. Were these people raised in a garbage can? At the very least, Disney very publicly should ban them for life and press charges for assault. When these miscreants are sentenced, make sure it hits the news. That would send a message to other would be idiots and make them think twice before misbehaving.

Did the Disney execs get out of bed retarded one morning? It doesn't seem like anyone is in charge there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendragon For This Useful Post:

dneal (May 21st, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Pendragon, you should brush up on your history of sir Walt Disney. Emulating "what he would do" is not an option for modern persons, unless one wants to look like a sexist, racist, anti-semitic Nazi-snuggler.

The good-old-days of innocent "children's" fare is not what you think it was. You might have another look.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

The biggest problem I have is that there are legitimately people who struggle with aspects of their physical and cognitive identity, and all this is a distraction at best or a detriment at worst.

What has expanded from simply a gay and lesbian movement - and a struggle for everyday acceptance (which was largely achieved) - grew to incorporate gender. Fine. Now we're at LBGT. Makes sense and seems inclusive.

Here are the problems with the current politics of the whole thing:

1. Shoving it in everybody's faces. Just stop. The silent generation is gone. The youngest boomers are in their 60's. Gen X is apexing and Millennials are ascending. Nobody cares, and Gen X is the "don't care about your problems, got my own to deal with..." generation. I don't need another Pride parade or protest blocking traffic. You be happy doing you, just get the fuck out of the way with your hair and your flags and your pronouns because I got shit to do. You're throwing a tantrum like a toddler.

2. Involving minors. Somebody needs to scrutinize the ++++++ spectrum that follows the letters, because somebody let the pedophiles in. The drag queens spreading their legs, graphic books, testing the waters with "Minor Attracted Persons", etc... People with the woke mind virus and other blue-anon kooks (see the majority of TSherbs' posts) can't make the distinction. Pedos will never be accepted by society. Bad strategy to stretch "inclusive" to predators, and it gained the legal backlash developing daily.

That was exacerbated with the attention brought to puberty blockers and surgeries being prescribed to or performed on minors. Again we hear "the science is settled" and see references to study titles or professional organizations. Sorry, but society gets to decide what the age of consent is. Voting, military service, gun ownership, alcohol, etc... This is no different, and the mastectomy or hysterectomy surgery is not the same as correcting a cleft lip.

3. Business getting involved. It's really a subset of (1.) in that it's another method of shoving it in everybody's faces. Just sell your product to everybody. ESPN "celebrating" how stunning and brave Kaitlin Jenner is. The Bud Light debacle, and Disney as described by Pendragon above.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (May 21st, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Pendragon, you should brush up on your history of sir Walt Disney. Emulating "what he would do" is not an option for modern persons, unless one wants to look like a sexist, racist, anti-semitic Nazi-snuggler.

The good-old-days of innocent "children's" fare is not what you think it was. You might have another look.
    Notice how this sort of recommendation never applies to TSherbs' own media. I offered to purchase the book that would give him the history of the NYT. Their actual Nazi collaboration, actual support of Communist propaganda, etc... All sourced from their own articles and reporting. He doesn't have time though, so I don't see why you should either, really.

You would think the way they got Russian Collusion so colossally wrong would put him off, but we still see him sharing articles from the "infallible" grey lady...
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (May 21st, 2023)

Thanks

@dneal makes legitimate points and yes @tsherbs seems to complain about the very things he criticizes, but, it’s okay with me since I’d rather have him here than not.

My position is that rather than protest, parents should opt out. If no the party host is serving beer and you are a teetotaler, don’t attend.

No way I’m taking the little ones to a drag read. Call me a bigot if you have to. It won’t change my mind. That said, I will respect s drag performer as a person all day long.

Some on the liberal side think they have attained the moral high ground when they’ve just bought into something. We are all in a culture, but to keep from being engulfed, we should think. Thinking is still important.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Texas sheriff files criminal case over DeSantis flights to Martha’s Vineyard

Sheriff recommends charges over flights arranged by Florida governor to deport 49 South American migrants to wealthy island

Adam Gabbatt
    6 Jun 2023

A Texas sheriff’s office has recommended criminal charges over flights that the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, arranged to deport 49 South American migrants from San Antonio to Martha’s Vineyard, in Massachusetts, last year. In a statement on Monday, the Bexar county sheriff’s office said it had filed a criminal case with the local district attorney over the flight. The Bexar county sheriff, Javier Salazar, has previously said the migrants were “lured under false pretenses” into traveling to Martha’s Vineyard, a wealthy liberal island.

The recommendation comes after the governor of California, Gavin Newsom, threatened DeSantis with kidnapping charges on Monday, after Florida flew a group of people seeking asylum to Sacramento. It was the second time in four days Florida had used taxpayer money to fly asylum seekers to California.

“The charge filed is unlawful restraint and several accounts were filed, both misdemeanor and felony,” the Bexar county sheriff’s office said in a statement provided to KSAT News. “At this time, the case is being reviewed by the DA’s office. Once an update is available, it will be provided to the public.”

DeSantis arranged for two planes to carry migrants, including women and children, to Martha’s Vineyard in September 2022. The groups were told they would have jobs and housing if they boarded the planes, but in reality officials in Martha’s Vineyard had been given no advance notice of the arrival of the 49 people, most of whom had traveled from Venezuela.

DeSantis created an “urgent humanitarian situation” in deporting the migrants, officials said. The far-right Floridian, who announced he was running for president in May, was widely criticized for what was seen as a political stunt.

On Monday, Newsom called DeSantis a “small, pathetic man” after Florida chartered a private jet and flew 16 South American people to Sacramento before abandoning them outside a church. California’s attorney general, Rob Bonta, said the people may have been duped into boarding flights to the state. On Twitter, Newsom suggested the Florida governor could be subject to “kidnapping charges”.

DeSantis has made immigration one of the central issues of his political career. In May, he signed a heavily criticized law which invalidated out-of-state driver’s licenses issued to undocumented immigrants and required companies with more than 25 members of staff to check employees’ immigration status.

The law also provides a specific fund to deport undocumented immigrants to other states. After the law was signed by DeSantis the League of United Latin American Citizens, a Latino advocacy group, issued a travel advisory urging people not to travel to Florida.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks

I wondered when this might catch up to Ronnie....

Thanks

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desanti...-polls-1805073

DeSantis approval falling (nationally). It might help to not be such a d*$%, Ronnie.

Thanks

Looks like the DeSantis admin is kicking up more dust in the face of the College Board, this time around gender topics in the Psyche AP.

"The Education State"🤣

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...ation-00102240

Thanks

This guy is revealing himself to be a lying piece of excrement: he is pretending that he has made these maneuvers against Disney on democratic, free-market principles. What a load of crap (revisionist history) that is.
    https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desanti...disney-1807228

Thanks

DeSantis asserts immunity defense in Disney lawsuit:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/desa...y?id=100394511

Thanks

DeSantis asserts immunity defense in Disney lawsuit:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/desa...y?id=100394511
    As always, TSherbs does his best to just whistle his way past the graveyard.........
    Last edited by 724Seney; June 27th, 2023 at 09:42 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (June 27th, 2023)

Thanks

Seney, are you doing ok? Your posts seem nastier and nastier of late.

Thanks

Thanks for your concern TSherbs. I'm doing just fine.

Glad to see that you are still in your Choir Boy mode.
    But, no worries, it won't be long before you resume your more natural persona as the Crown Prince of Profanity, Vulgarity and Nastiness.

#Loser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

But, no worries, it won't be long before you resume your more natural persona as the Crown Prince of Profanity, Vulgarity and Nastiness.

#Loser
    Ok, I look forward to your posting on topic.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

#Loser
    Ok, I look forward to your posting on topic.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Sure.
    One last thing before we go.......
    Try being a little bit more original next time.

Your inquiry about "how I was doing" was a shameless replication of my approach to you last week when the wheels were falling off of your apple cart at an amazing rate of speed.
    Remember?? That's what woke you up and made you morph from "Crown Prince of Profanity, Vulgarity and Nastiness" to TSherbs the Choir Boy.

You were panic stricken that Eric would take my report about your profanity, harassment, rude & vitriolic posts and reprimand if not ban you. So, you quickly retreated into your Boy Scout, holier than thou mode.
    I guess you were impressed by how effective it worked? And, that's why you decided to try it on me??
    Why not, that's what lemmings like you do.........

#Loser

Thanks

excellent

Back to the topic.

Thanks

DeSantis's suit states this (from the article above):

"Neither the Governor nor the Secretary enforce any of the laws at issue, so Disney lacks standing to sue them," DeSantis' lawyers write.

They add that DeSantis "is entitled to legislative immunity, which shields 'both governors' and legislators' actions in the proposal, formulation, and passage of legislation.'"

These are interesting claims. The first one is about "enforcing laws." I suppose this element of the defense would be tied to just what "enforce" means and whether that is relevant to the governor's liability in this case.

The second point is a shield from liability in "the proposal, formulation, and passage of legislation." I am no lawyer, but I am pretty sure that Disney is not suing DeSantis (or the SoS) for any of those actions.

If I have some time this morning, I will look up the actual lawsuit document (or a good summary of it)....