Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decluttering

Thanks

Default Re: Decluttering

Very nice pens there, and they seem to be in very nice condition. I think you would be able to sell them rather easily in a forum like this, but of course, you should deal with the packaging, posting, so on. Selling the complete lot could also be a possibility.
    Is there any pen show near your home? that's another possibility, selling them there as a vendor or directly to one of the dealers at the show.
    If you finally give them away, that Waterman W5 looks really nice to me, by the way. I would pay postage (sorry, I had to try) ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Lot price: USD$2,000 OBO
    For the convenience of others who may be reading this thread and may wish to approach you-

Is this price actually a serious price, or if someone approached you willing to pay this price and cash in hand would you decline to sell to them?

Just trying to save others time and headache...

Thanks

Well, good luck to whoever might buy this-and I mean that sincerely. It's a great lot of pens, but also don't be surprised if you agree on a price and then find the sale refused when you're ready to complete it.

At least this lesson just cost me some time and headaches and no actual money.

Thanks

You’re right it’s not the full story. I left out that you had named the agreed price.

And yes that is disappointing that you won’t honor that virtual hand shake.

So again good luck to all potentially involved.

Thanks

Whatever, good luck with it.

You had someone with cash in hand willing to pay a price you named two weeks ago. After your initial hesitation I even upped my offer to that being a net price to you, or in other words more than you're currently advertising now. Your loss! BTW, I can all but guarantee if you'd just sent to a dealer and waited for payment, you'd have received quite a bit less than what I was willing to pay.

Funny how complicated this became for someone who just wanted to send the things off and be done with it. You whine incessantly about not having "contacts" or "standing" or whatever in this community. This is the first time I've seriously tried to deal with you and despite some past friction was giving you the benefit of the doubt for a smooth transaction. If this is how other transactions have happened with you, it's no surprise to me that you've burnt bridges with other people over deals and that no one does want to deal with you.

Thanks

You never HAD another offer, or otherwise you would have sold it.

You named a price. Someone told you they were worth more. I came to you with cash ready to pay your named price, and you balked. I explained WHY I was comfortable paying that price, even offered more than our previously agreed price, and you said "nope, someone says they're worth more, I'm not seling them to you for the price I told you I'd sell them to you."

Like I said, you were the one who walked back on your word on this. The fact that they're not sold now is your fault and your fault alone, as if you'd honored our agreed deal you'd have your cash and they'd be on their way to me(if not in my hands).

I just really don't get this entire thread. I've wondered more than once whether or not you actually ever truly wanted to sell the things.

Regardless, this discussion is going nowhere. At the end of the day, you named a price and then backtracked when push came to shove and it came to actually completing the transaction. You referred elsewhere to a "possible sale." It wasn't "possible"-it was a guaranteed, cash in hand, send me your Paypal address and I'll send you the money sale.

And yes it is my fault now that no one will pay your price after you've wallowed around on it. I'm your convenient scapegoat because you torpedoed a sale to me(note-you did it-not me) and I called you on it. I have stayed out of your thread in the sales forum precisely because I didn't want to interfere, and won't. You're angry at ME because you didn't follow through on what I assumed was a good faith offer, and now are trying to blame me for everything happening.

If all of your other transactions have been smooth, why do several sellers here now refuse to sell to you?

Regardless, I'm done. Just someone please slap me if I ever try to enter into another deal with this particular person!
    Last edited by bunnspecial; October 4th, 2022 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

Now you're putting words in my mouth.

I still stand by $1500 being a fair price from my perspective, and no intent to take advantage. I stated from the start my intention was to keep a few pens and break even, and honestly at $1500 I thought I'd still come out in the hole but was okay with that with what I'd planned on keeping. I seriously doubt many if any dealers would have paid you even $1500 as that would have left too little margin for them.

My telling you it had come together was truly me being able to sell some items locally on my end to fund the purchase faster than I'd anticipated I'd be able to. It had nothing to do with your higher "public" price, but I guess woe is you and I guess in your mind I was always trying to take advantage of you(something I most certainly was not trying to do).

As for sellers not selling to you-I will gladly dig up one of your woe-is-me threads from back in the spring where you yourself named two people on this site who no longer would, including one with whom you said you use to exchange postcards but didn't know what had happened.

Regardless, I'm done defending myself when no defense is really needed.

Thanks

BTW, I am not angry at you because the deal didn't go through. Are you stupid or something?
    THAT is totally uncalled for.

Thanks

I'd resolved to say no more, but I'll leave this as my final piece.

Yes, I am stupid. I was stupid to try and enter into a deal with someone others had previously warned me about dealing with.

I was stupid further to spend a lot of time, effort, and energy on my end to try and make the deal happen and raise funds at an offered/agreed price.

I was stupid to think anything good could ever come of this.

I was stupid to not think something would happen like being accused of trying to take advantage of this member, as has happened in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, I had made a mental appraisal of $2200-2500 at absolute top dollar, full retail for this lot, and thought more realistically I sold everything reasonably quickly(rather than holding out for top dollar) I'd probably be looking at more like $2000-2200 gross, not counting of course Paypal fees and any other fees that come with selling items. In a best case scenario, finding the right buyer who would pay top dollar for everything, I'd have probably managed to make a net profit of a few hundred dollars on this lot, or in other words MAYBE a net profit of 20% or so of the initial purchase price, and probably more like 10%. I'd guess most of the big dealers wouldn't even bother with that kind of margin. I'm not a big dealer-I'm a collector who sometimes sells pens, and was totally clear from the front in my intention-I wanted to keep a few pens that appealed to me(and there are a lot of really nice pens here) and hope I could come somewhere close to break even or at least not be out too much at the end of the day(after a lot of work on my end selling, and of course given that I neither asked for or expected a warranty from EoC on anything in the lot, but that I DO generally offer warranties on pens I sell). Paying $1500 for a large lot of pens that at most are worth $2500 at full retail is hardly taking advantage of someone.

So yes, even though I think that was a pretty low personal insult, I guess given the totality of circumstances I have acted pretty stupidly in ever approaching this and thinking that the price named to me would be honored.

Now off to forget about all of this and enjoy a nice anniversary dinner with my wife, who really does deserve my full undivided attention and not to have me upset or distracted over this.
    Last edited by bunnspecial; October 4th, 2022 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks

So yes, even though I think that was a pretty low personal insult, I guess given the totality of circumstances I have acted pretty stupidly in ever approaching this and thinking that the price named to me would be honored.

I would have honoured the deal, still would in fact, if it were not for the misunderstanding in communication - because I clearly believed you were allowing me to be open-ended about this. I don't understand why you will not do me the courtesy of accepting this as the case rather than saying I'm dishonourable. Especially since I raised this issue privately, but you decided to be publicly nasty about it.

Furthermore, I would have sent the pens without payment on the proviso that if you changed your mind about the deal you could send them back, on your own ticket, which I think would have been fair. As a matter of fact I generally am willing to send pens first and accept payment after buyer receives them. That is the only realistic 'warranty' I can give - that the pens are sent kind of on approval.

It's regrettable that this has been brought into the public view and made more of than is really there. It is regrettable that on both our parts we have made assumptions that are not supported by facts and could have been resolved through a more mature dialogue. And it's regrettable that you see fit to perpetuate the myth that I am a bad faith seller when my history of sales and purchases here clearly demonstrates this is not true.

If I had misconstrued your motives or what you said to me in private then I am more than willing to accept that and apologise for that misunderstanding. It appears though that you will not extend that basic courtesy to me.

Lastly, I've spent the last 4 months quietly ramping down my involvement on this site, but it isn't helped by the kind of unwarranted attack you just perpetrated on me.
    Ah, EoC, ever the victim!!

@bunnspecial, be assured you have done nothing wrong. What you have witnessed, and unfortunately experienced, are characteristic actions & behavior for which this individual is infamous throughout the pen world.
    FPN has banned him.

He keeps promising that he'll go away........ but I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Thanks

Hold on to your hats folks, another EoC meltdown is coming soon!

Thanks

Why do you interfere? Do you think you are improving things? Why not follow your own insanity advice?
    Let me be frank, you are not a stupid man. Yet, your ability to be totally oblivious to your own negative actions never ceases to amaze me.

Just what do you think you have been doing for the past 10+ days in a conversation I have been having in another sub-forum with 2-3 others?
    You have no involvement in the situation (which, hopefully has been resolved) nor any valid reason to have repeatedly interrupted / disrupted that thread. But, nonetheless, you have done so. Your worthless comments have contributed nothing, have been ignored, yet you still have seen fit to continue to insert yourself.

Now, on that note, please look up and re-read the question you posed to me which prompted this response. Maybe now it makes more sense??

Thanks

I've taken no negative actions in the last 4 months. I am fully aware of what I've posted in the other sub-forum, and every posting served a very specific purpose or was just for the sake of humour. That you do not appreciate nor perhaps even see the link between my posts and either a thread's subject or the other poster's input is not my problem. Worth of comment is a matter of perspective. That you find my comments to be lacking worth to you does not automatically mean that anyone else sees them in the same way.

I'd be interested to know precisely what threads you are talking about though, and I suspect that your complaints here are heavily biased to what you want instead of being inclusive of all opinions.

I also note, but not to the level of caring, your continued projection of what you think you know of me (which is vanishingly small in amount and light on content) or my motives and actions.

As stated, the last 4 months I have not said a single intended offensive thing to anyone. Can't say the same about you though.
    Ok, EoC, thanks.
    Have a nice afternoon.

Thanks

Perhaps you have been offensive, but no one responded.

Have you met your decluttering goals? Have you also investigated why you came to need to declutter?

I’ve always enjoyed your posts. You have a way of putting things well.

Hope your pens sell.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 5th, 2022)