View Poll Results: Diamine Inkvent 2022 ink reviews

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post in October

9 60.00%
  • Post in December

6 40.00%

Thread: Poll: Do you want to see Diamine Inkvent 2022 Colours in October or December?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Poll: Do you want to see Diamine Inkvent 2022 Colours in October or December?

On a recent thread I was advised that at least one member didn't like to have any surprises spoiled. Therefore I'm posting this thread as a vote.

If I post details of the Diamine 2022 Inkvent Calendar colours as ink reviews on FPG, as well as on my blog, do you want to see them in October when the colours are all generally released or do you want to see them one day at a time in December?

It is a Diamine requirement that if ink reviews are posted in October then they can't be in the order that the Inkvent Calendar boxes will be opened during December, as that, at least, retains some element of surprise for the Inkvent season. However one ink has a name that entirely gives away the day it will be opened. So maybe that one should remain anonymous in October? It's name has already been released on some web-sites.
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 14th, 2022 at 05:15 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Poll: Do you want to see Diamine Inkvent 2022 Colours in October or December?

Current voting slightly favours October. At least when the colours are released you might be more informed about whether you wish to buy the Inkvent Calendar or not and have plenty of time to do so before you might need to start opening the individual days.

Thanks

Default Re: Poll: Do you want to see Diamine Inkvent 2022 Colours in October or December?

I think October is okay but maybe you should include "SPOILER ALERT" in the subject heading :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    I think October is okay but maybe you should include "SPOILER ALERT" in the subject heading :-)
    I absolutely agree with you. If I list them on FPG in October I already plan to include a Spoiler over all of the post, so anyone who wants to see anything will have to click to do so.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

amk (September 29th, 2022)

Thanks

This approach allows for a more relaxed and prepared experience during the Inkvent season. By having the colors released in advance, your audience can fully enjoy the anticipation and surprise of opening each day while already having the Inkvent Calendar ready.

Thanks

Please let me know your experiences up to now.
    sinister squidward

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Is Diamine doing an Inkvent again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Yes. The Inkvent for 2023 is the purple edition.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (August 24th, 2023), Yazeh (August 24th, 2023)

Thanks

Sneaky spambot helendam along with the hidden link underneath the line of text has been reported. Please be sure to not quote any of the posts posted by this spambot or the lilycollins spambot above it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (August 24th, 2023), TSherbs (August 24th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Yes. The Inkvent for 2023 is the purple edition.
    oooh

purple

Thanks

What have you decided about this year's calendar, Chrissy?

Thanks

Hi TSherbs,
    This years Inkvent Purple Edition Calendar has been in my hands for a short time and I've reviewed all 25 inks. Diamine advised that release date is 20th October for reviews as long as they don't show the inks in order of opening. I'm happy to post them out of order (I never review them in order anyway) and do the same as 2022 when I hid the actual colours under a spoiler alert.

I believe it's important to strike some sort of a balance between those who prefer a complete surprise on 1st December and those who want to know what colours are in there before they spend their money. I hope this method suits everyone who has an interest.

I will be posting unhidden reviews on my blog on 20th October and have been in two minds whether it's worth bothering posting them on FPGeeks where they attract spambot posts but I find it easier to copy the formatted block of text from here over to my blog so it suits me to put them on here anyway.
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 9th, 2023 at 12:42 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (October 9th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Hi TSherbs,
    This years Inkvent Purple Edition Calendar has been in my hands for a short time and I've reviewed all 25 inks. Diamine advised that release date is 20th October for reviews as long as they don't show the inks in order of opening. I'm happy to post them out of order (I never review them in order anyway) and do the same as 2022 when I hid the actual colours under a spoiler alert.

I believe it's important to strike some sort of a balance between those who prefer a complete surprise on 1st December and those who want to know what colours are in there before they spend their money. I hope this method suits everyone who has an interest.

I will be posting unhidden reviews on my blog on 20th October and have been in two minds whether it's worth bothering posting them on FPGeeks where they attract spambot posts but I find it easier to copy the formatted block of text from here over to my blog so it suits me to put them on here anyway.
    I had forgotten about your blog. I'll take a look there. Thx.

Thanks

There is currently nothing on my blog re Purple Inkvent 2023. Colours can be released on 20th October. Ink names are already available everywhere that has placed an order. I will start a new 2023 thread and put the information on there.