Thread: Trump's Pillow Guy Gets Served at Hardee's.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Default Trump's Pillow Guy Gets Served at Hardee's.

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell has phone seized by FBI at fast-food outlet

Prominent proponent of Donald Trump’s stolen election lie says he was questioned about Colorado electoral official Tina Peters

Richard Luscombe
    Wed 14 Sep 2022

Mike Lindell, the pillow salesman who became an enthusiastic mouthpiece for Donald Trump’s lie about a stolen election, has said he was forced to hand his phone to FBI agents who surrounded him at a fast-food drive-through. The incident happened on Tuesday as Lindell, chief executive of My Pillow, was in line at a branch of Hardee’s in Mankato, Minnesota, his home town, following a hunting trip.

“Cars pulled up in front of us, to the side of us, and behind us and I said those are either bad guys or the FBI,” the conspiracy theorist said on his internet show, the Lindell Report. “Well, it turns out they were the FBI.” Lindell said the agents questioned him about Tina Peters, a fellow election denier facing criminal charges in Colorado for tampering with voting machinery as a county clerk, and who in June lost a Republican primary to become the state’s top election official. Lindell campaigned for Peters, who in May was removed by a judge from running elections in Mesa county.

An FBI spokesperson confirmed agents were “at that location executing a search warrant authorized by a federal judge” but would not give other details.

Lindell, a close Trump ally, is one of the loudest proponents of Trump’s false claims that his 2020 defeat by Joe Biden was rigged, and has been widely ridiculed for his frequent claims that he has enough “evidence” to see Trump reinstated to the presidency. Lindell admitted earlier this month that he had spent up to $40m of his own money in the pursuit, including underwriting lawsuits in numerous states to try to eliminate voting machines he insists were to blame for Trump’s defeat.

There is no evidence to support his allegations and Lindell has lost numerous legal challenges over machines manufactured by Smartmatic and Dominion. In April, he was sued for defamation by a Dominion Voting Systems employee, who claimed Lindell was engaged in “efforts to undermine faith in American democracy and enrich himself in the process”.

Lindell said on Tuesday the FBI demanded his phone, which he handed over only after consulting his attorney. “They surrounded me at a Hardee’s and took my phone that I run all my business, everything with,” he said. “What they have done is weaponize the FBI, it’s disgusting. I don’t have a computer, that phone, everything was on everybody.”

In a later interview with CNN, Lindell said he was surprised when the agents started asking questions about Peters, having assumed they were about to serve him a subpoena as part of the justice department investigation into the 6 January insurrection and other attempts to reverse Trump’s election defeat.

“I said, ‘Come on, bring me to January 6. I want to be part of that show’,” he said he told them. “They thought they were there to intimidate me. They won’t intimidate me.

“I want to say this for the record, they were pretty nice guys. None of them had an attitude.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other
    Last edited by Chip; September 14th, 2022 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Trump's Pillow Guy Gets Served at Hardee's.

Lindell had an interesting history. He reminds me of men who found Jesus after other avenues turned into a dead end.

Thanks

He found Trump.

Thanks

Didn’t realize he was looking for him ….lol!

Thanks

What happens when you think everyone who needs a pillow voted for Trump.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mike...i-probe-2022-9

Thanks

Just reading the pillow guy is in more trouble with the DOJ.

Thanks

How many pillows will he have to sell to pay off $1.3 billion?

US supreme court rejects MyPillow chief’s bid to dodge $1.3bn lawsuit

Dominion Voting Systems accuses Mike Lindell, a prominent Trump supporter, of promoting baseless voter fraud claims

Coral Murphy Marcos
    Mon 3 Oct 2022

The defamation lawsuit that voting machine company Dominion is pursuing against the MyPillow chief executive, Mike Lindell, can proceed after the US supreme court rejected the prominent Donald Trump supporter’s appeal aiming to block the case.

Dominion Voting Systems in February 2021 filed a $1.3bn lawsuit accusing Lindell of promoting the debunked conspiracy theory that the company’s machines manipulated vote counts in favor of Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election that ousted Trump from the Oval Office.

Lindell had been appealing an August 2021 ruling by federal court judge Carl Nichols, who refused to dismiss the lawsuit at the MyPillow leader’s request. An appellate court in Washington DC later decided the case was not ready for review. And in its first day back from its summer break, the US supreme court decided it would not take up Lindell’s appeal for consideration, clearing the way for the lawsuit against Lindell to progress.

Nichols wrote in the ruling that Dominion “has adequately alleged that Lindell made his claims knowing that they were false or with reckless disregard for the truth” and therefore had grounds to file a defamation lawsuit. Dominion also alleges that Lindell participated in a defamatory marketing campaign against the company in efforts to sell more pillows by telling audiences to purchase MyPillow products after making his claims of election fraud and providing promotional codes related to those theories. Dominion and Smartmatic, which has also sued Lindell, have demanded damages from several Trump allies and rightwing news networks that spread conspiracy theories about the companies’ vote tallying machines being compromised to Biden’s benefit.

In September, Lindell said that FBI investigators seized his cellphone in connection with an alleged election security breach in Colorado. Lindell said he was in the drive-through lane of a Hardee’s fast-food restaurant when agents surrounded him and took his phone.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks

Nobody benefits from being associated with Trump. Sometimes people have to realize they are hanging around the wrong people.