Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Migrants Sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: Migrants Sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Vile hypocritical idiots.

Without migrants willing to work nasty, low-wage jobs, the economies of Texas, Florida, and the other former slave states would collapse.

Consider this request by Ol' Massa Trump (and the warning about "unexpected visitors.")

Time to welcome new batch of foreign workers to Trump's Mar-a-Lago club/crime scene

Frank Cerabino, Palm Beach Post
    September 12, 2022

The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach has filed a request with the U.S. Department of Labor to hire 91 temporary foreign workers next month to staff the club as housekeepers, cooks and servers during the upcoming season.

The club was raided last month by the FBI as part of the government’s continuing efforts to recover scores of highly classified documents that were improperly taken by former President Donald Trump and haphazardly stored in the club in violation of multiple federal laws.

Bienvenido, Bienvenue, Willkomen, Witaj, Selamat datang and Добро пожаловать (Dobro pozhalovat):

We are so glad to have you foreign workers join us this year at Mar-a-Lago to serve and clean up after the people who value putting America first.

We are looking forward to a busy season with many guests at the club, including possibly some who are not club members.

So, it will be important for everybody on the property, right down to the cleaning staff, to know how to respond to the arrival of unexpected visitors.

https://news.yahoo.com/time-welcome-...090027029.html
    That's hilarious! Donnie's Ronnie might save his taxpayers some dough and send some of those persons on buses on a shorter trip to Mar-a-Lago.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 19th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Aviation company used for migrant flights contributed to DeSantis allies

Vertol Systems Inc also has connections to a Florida official in charge of its current immigration policy

Gloria Oladipo
    Fri 23 Sep 2022

The transportation service company that the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, used to arrange flights for migrants to Martha’s Vineyard has contributed money to the governor’s top allies and has connections to a Florida official in charge of its immigration policy. Vertol Systems Inc, an Oregon-based aviation company that DeSantis used to fly asylum seekers to the affluent, liberal-leaning Massachusetts island, has connections to DeSantis’s political allies and has donated money to various campaigns, NBC News reported.

The company once had legal representation from the Florida congressman Matt Gaetz, who was previously part of DeSantis’ transition team when he became governor, and Gaetz’s former law partner, Larry Keefe, who now works as the state’s “public safety tsar” and carries out the controversial relocation program, the Tampa Bay Times reported. Keefe has previously represented Vertol in dozens of lawsuits between 2010 and 2017, the Times also reported.

Florida state representative Jay Trumbull Jr, a Republican involved in obtaining funding for the relocation program as appropriations committee chair, received a $1,000 donation from Vertol during his campaign for Florida state senate this year, reported the Intercept. The company also donated over $12,000 in total to various Florida political campaigns, including $2,500 to a Super Pac that supported Gaetz.

DeSantis’ administration has continually refused to release information on money it has given Vertol for its role in relocating asylum seekers.

So far, the company was awarded a $12m contract and has received more than $1m from Florida to fly asylum seekers to Democrat-led northern cities, reported NBC News, including migrants who are located in other states. Public records have confirmed that Florida paid Vertol $615,000 last week to recruit about 50 Venezuelan migrants in Texas and fly them to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts, with authorities noting that many migrants were tricked into going under the guise of receiving relocation resources like cash assistance and job training, when no arrangement had been made with the island.

The chartered flights are currently the subject of a criminal investigation in Texas as well as a civil suit from the asylum seekers themselves who say they were deceived into going.

The company was had also been expected to fly another group of asylum seekers on Tuesday to an airport located near Joe Biden’s beach house in Delaware, but the charter flight never arrived, though Florida gave Vertol an additional $950,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks

gross

That's a lot of money just to transport some poor hapless people. A LOT of money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    gross

That's a lot of money just to transport some poor hapless people. A LOT of money.
    For that amount, they could have leased nice houses or apartments for all those people, covered subsistence, and provided language instruction, job training and placement.

Instead, they rob the public purse, enrich their cronies, and score political points with their knuckle-dragging fascist mob.

Thanks

exactly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Nanci Pelosi asks why they are shipping migrants north, when they’re needed here to pick crops

So much for Chip’s slave-state nonsense. Nancy clearly knows California needs illegals to pick avocados and clean houses.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

So if there's a list of job opportunities and housing, will DeSantis pay for chartered fights to California?

In a pig's arse, he will.

Thanks

So if there's a list of job opportunities and housing, will DeSantis pay for chartered fights to California?

Note, dear readers, how Chip deflects from Speaker Pelosi's unfortunate gaffe by simply ignoring reality; and then invents some absurdity about job openings. Didn't someone already identify this tactic?

Note how, as of this post, CNN still hasn't reported this news. They're waiting for John Brennan to tell us it's more Russian disinformation, I suppose.

Note also how Chip completely ignores how these illegals got to Florida in the first place. Did someone bus them there? Were they flown there by charter in the dead of night? Who would have paid for that transportation? Surely the administration publicized that they were going to do this, didn't they? Surely CNN reported this news. Surely Chip was similarly aggrieved when he learned about these migrants the Biden administration was transporting out of Texas? Ol' Joe should have just asked Nancy where they were needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

Note, dear readers, how Chip deflects from Speaker Pelosi's unfortunate gaffe by simply ignoring reality; and then invents some absurdity about job openings. Didn't someone already identify this tactic?

Note how, as of this post, CNN still hasn't reported this news. They're waiting for John Brennan to tell us it's more Russian disinformation, I suppose.

Note also how Chip completely ignores how these illegals got to Florida in the first place. Did someone bus them there? Were they flown there by charter in the dead of night? Who would have paid for that transportation? Surely the administration publicized that they were going to do this, didn't they? Surely CNN reported this news. Surely Chip was similarly aggrieved when he learned about these migrants the Biden administration was transporting out of Texas? Ol' Joe should have just asked Nancy where they were needed.
    @dneal wins this round with a TKO!!
    (And, Chip, that's a fact.)

Thanks

DeSantis is too busy trying to get the funding he voted against right now to send immigrants anywhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    DeSantis is too busy trying to get the funding he voted against right now to send immigrants anywhere.
    Uh, no Chuck.
    I realize the type of news sources you visit likely did not carry the story but, right now, DeSantis is trying to do all he can to support the several million State residents who were devastated by Hurricane Ian.
    It will get to your news sources sooner or later.....look for it.

Thanks

You’re on my ignore list due to your threatening posts. My advice is to self educate. Too many have suffers due to Donald Trump. He ain’t your friend.

Thanks

You’re on my ignore list due to your threatening posts. My advice is to self educate. Too many have suffers due to Donald Trump. He ain’t your friend.
    Huh?
    The topic here is DeSantis!!

And, as best as I can tell, there is nothing "threatening" about it.

It's just the next verse in your same song Chuck. Deflect, divert, ignore, on and on and on..........
    Totally amazing.

Thanks

Ahhh, the pouty-lip “I’m not talking to you anymore” toddler card. I don’t know why you guys always threaten this, when we all know you don’t have the self discipline to stick with it - even with the forum’s option built in.

Regarding self education… It’s a shame you don’t take your own advice

Thanks

Ahhh, the pouty-lip “I’m not talking to you anymore” toddler card. I don’t know why you guys always threaten this, when we all know you don’t have the self discipline to stick with it - even with the forum’s option built in.

He threatened to kill me! How many times has that occurred for you? I don’t deal with BS. If an idiot goes nuts in a public forum, I’m assuming they are deranged.

Thanks

He threatened to kill me! How many times has that occurred for you? I don’t deal with BS. If an idiot goes nuts in a public forum, I’m assuming they are deranged.
    Ok. Totally over the line. I'm calling you out on this Chuck and don't even think about ignoring, diverting or deflecting it.
    Your statement is completely false. A total figment of your imagination. Just what I was talking about yesterday. You guys do this all the time.... and for an accusation of this magnitude you'd better either damn prove it to be true or admit that you have lied.
    Either post the link to where you say I did this..... or issue a public apology to me right now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (October 1st, 2022)

Thanks

Pelosi said what she said. Meanwhile DeSantis appears to a thrown away millions of tax dollars on a dirty little stunt.

If facts are an issue, please try reading some:

Aviation company used for migrant flights contributed to DeSantis allies

Vertol Systems Inc also has connections to a Florida official in charge of its current immigration policy

Gloria Oladipo
    Fri 23 Sep 2022

The transportation service company that the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, used to arrange flights for migrants to Martha’s Vineyard has contributed money to the governor’s top allies and has connections to a Florida official in charge of its immigration policy. Vertol Systems Inc, an Oregon-based aviation company that DeSantis used to fly asylum seekers to the affluent, liberal-leaning Massachusetts island, has connections to DeSantis’s political allies and has donated money to various campaigns, NBC News reported.

The company once had legal representation from the Florida congressman Matt Gaetz, who was previously part of DeSantis’ transition team when he became governor, and Gaetz’s former law partner, Larry Keefe, who now works as the state’s “public safety tsar” and carries out the controversial relocation program, the Tampa Bay Times reported. Keefe has previously represented Vertol in dozens of lawsuits between 2010 and 2017, the Times also reported.

Florida state representative Jay Trumbull Jr, a Republican involved in obtaining funding for the relocation program as appropriations committee chair, received a $1,000 donation from Vertol during his campaign for Florida state senate this year, reported the Intercept. The company also donated over $12,000 in total to various Florida political campaigns, including $2,500 to a Super Pac that supported Gaetz.

DeSantis’ administration has continually refused to release information on money it has given Vertol for its role in relocating asylum seekers.

So far, the company was awarded a $12m contract and has received more than $1m from Florida to fly asylum seekers to Democrat-led northern cities, reported NBC News, including migrants who are located in other states. Public records have confirmed that Florida paid Vertol $615,000 last week to recruit about 50 Venezuelan migrants in Texas and fly them to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts, with authorities noting that many migrants were tricked into going under the guise of receiving relocation resources like cash assistance and job training, when no arrangement had been made with the island.

The chartered flights are currently the subject of a criminal investigation in Texas as well as a civil suit from the asylum seekers themselves who say they were deceived into going.

The company was had also been expected to fly another group of asylum seekers on Tuesday to an airport located near Joe Biden’s beach house in Delaware, but the charter flight never arrived, though Florida gave Vertol an additional $950,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks

Typical Blue-Anon drama queen shenanigans. I’m actually surprised you went here.

Thanks

I’m shopping for a four season tent for backpacking, dude. This is a past time for me.

Thanks

I’m shopping for a four season tent for backpacking, dude. This is a past time for me.
    Sure, but since the time I challenged you to substantiate your delirious and defamatory claim you have made several other posts on this sub-forum.
    Much more time consuming work than it would be to post the link to validate your egregious accusation.

You can't do it because it never happened.

Let's go Chuck, put up or shut up.