Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Migrants Sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Re: Migrants Sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney
    Let's go Chuck, put up or shut up.
    Don’t hold your breath…
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I’ll be breathing while you two are sucking oxygen.

Thing is, @dneal doeent vote!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Pelosi said what she said. Meanwhile DeSantis appears to a thrown away millions of tax dollars on a dirty little stunt.

If facts are an issue, please try reading some:
    Oh, facts have never been an issue for me.

The inconvenient facts you seem to have an issue with are:

- Biden's reversal of Trump's policy created a historic flood of immigrants.
    - Biden's policy lets them remain.
    - Biden's administration has been transporting migrants to lots of places in the country (which is why the narrative is focused on Martha's Vineyard and not NYC anymore).

So, how did they end up in Florida? You leftie dopes thought you were playing DeSantis, got played, and the whining narrative begins...

The rest is your typical google for some article substitute for being able to formulate your own point... *yawn*.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney
    Let's go Chuck, put up or shut up.
    Don’t hold your breath…
    Exactly, it never happened. He cannot substantiate his defamatory claim.
    He can spew forth all the misinformation he wants about Trump or anything else social / political. But I'll be damned if he is going to get away with this.
    It's 2022, you don't make claims like that just for the fun and/or dramatic effect of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

More facts. Better draw the blinds.

DeSantis’s pleas for hurricane aid raise hackles amid vast partisan divide

The Florida governor, having spent millions on migrant stunt, now passes the hat for disaster relief

Richard Luscombe
    Sat 1 Oct 2022

Florida’s governor, Ron DeSantis, has become a familiar, and to some a reassuring, face on numerous television channels through the traumatic aftermath of Hurricane Ian’s rampage through the state.

But the near-constant presence of the Republican, who in less chaotic times limits his on-screen appearances largely to the Fox News faithful, is not sitting comfortably with others, nor are his appeals for public contributions for hurricane relief while he is using taxpayers’ money for “political stunts”.

DeSantis announced at a press conference on Friday morning that public donations to the state’s disaster fund had surpassed $12m, coincidentally the same amount he was allocated from the state budget, funded by interest on federal Covid relief payments, for a controversial migrant-removal program. The governor, a likely candidate for the Republican 2024 presidential nomination, has already spent a chunk of that money shifting two planeloads of Venezuelans from Texas to Massachusetts, raising questions over why he was shuttling immigrants between two states of which he is not governor on the Florida taxpayers’ dime.

DeSantis says he expects to arrange more flights until the money is spent, but his actions have drawn a criminal investigation from a sheriff in Texas and two lawsuits. The first is a class-action suit filed on behalf of the migrants by the group Lawyers for Civil Rights, alleging breaches of federal immigration law. “What we hope to do … is stop the shipment of immigrants across state lines by misrepresentation and fraudulent efforts, specifically from Ron DeSantis and the state of Florida,” Miriam Albert, one of the group’s lawyers, said.

The second lawsuit was filed by Democrats in Florida seeking to shut down DeSantis’s migrant-movement program altogether.

Also under scrutiny are his requests earlier in the week, immediately granted by Joe Biden, for federal money for hurricane relief. Critics have noted that among DeSantis’s first acts after being elected to Congress in November 2012 was to join 66 Republican colleagues and vote against a government aid package for victims of Hurricane Sandy, which killed more than 100 as it devastated north-eastern states.

In an interview on Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox this week, DeSantis appeared to have changed his view. “We live in a politicized time, but when people are fighting for their lives, when their livelihood is at stake, lost everything, if you can’t put politics aside for that, you won’t be able to,” he said.

Normally fierce critics of each other, Biden and DeSantis have reached a kind of uneasy detente because of the hurricane, similar to the temporary peace between them over the Surfside apartment complex disaster in Florida in June 2021.

The pair have spoken several times this week, and DeSantis has acknowledged Biden’s support.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other
    Last edited by Chip; October 1st, 2022 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    It's 2022, you don't make claims like that just for the fun and/or dramatic effect of it.
    Really? Where did you get that idea?
    Get serious EoC.
    Posting in a public forum a claim that someone threatened your life? Something you cannot substantiate because it never happened?
    That's worse than anything you ever did......even when you were at your worst.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (October 1st, 2022)

Thanks

Dear Fellow FPG Members:

I would like to point out that now, 24 hours later, there is still nothing from @Chuck Naill.
    He made a completely false, egregious and defamatory claim about me yesterday (post #35 of this thread) which I have challenged. He is unable to substantiate it.....because it never happened.

In my opinion, this is not about our opposing political views..... upon which we have had much disagreement.
    This is about a member who spent his adult "professional" work life engaged in the dissemination of non-evidence based misinformation.
    What he has posted about me is simply more of the same. Do not believe it!!

I remain open to his providing any sort of evidence to substantiate his claim. He and I have never spoken nor shared private messages or emails; so, I have to assume, if it exists, it can be found in one of the posts on this Forum.

Until which time he can substantiate his groundless claim, I respectfully request that you ignore it.

A copy of this is being sent to the FPG Administrator. Yes, I know that he tends to not be very visible or active these days but I do want to be sure he is aware.

Thank you.

Thanks

Easy enough to realize your mistake, delete the post in question, and then challenge the opposing party to produce it.

As you bleat about being defamed, I note that you disparage Chuck's livelihood and assert, without evidence, that he spread misinformation.

Got any support (citations, links) for that?

Maybe you ought to start a new thread for this. I could suggest a title.
    Last edited by Chip; October 2nd, 2022 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks

Easy enough to realize your mistake, delete the post in question, and then challenge the opposing party to produce it.
    Sounds like another left-wing-looney conspiracy theory to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (October 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

As you bleat about being defamed, I note that you disparage Chuck's livelihood and assert, without evidence, that he spread misinformation.

Another egregious lie from a brother stooge-in-arms. I have deleted NO posts.
    Talk about evidence?? What evidence do you have to make such a spurious claim?? None! It didn't happen. And, you know it.
    And, if it did happen you know as well as I do that nothing posted on a chat site is ever really deleted. It could easily enough be recovered. Go for it!

As for Chuck's livelihood? Just how much documentation would you like about the non-evidence based misinformation spread over the course of decades by the representatives of pharmaceutical houses?
    And, the awful things that resulted from it.
    Have you even tried asking Chuck about it? Chances are he will tell you its true. And, if he does not, spend 5 minutes doing an online search.
    Inconvenient, I know, but you just don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good albeit misdirected rant....do you?

Thanks

Another egregious lie from a brother stooge-in-arms. I have deleted NO posts.
    Talk about evidence?? What evidence do you have to make such a spurious claim?? None! It didn't happen. And, you know it.
    And, if it did happen you know as well as I do that nothing posted on a chat site is ever really deleted. It could easily enough be recovered. Go for it!

As for Chuck's livelihood? Just how much documentation would you like about the non-evidence based misinformation spread over the course of decades by the representatives of pharmaceutical houses?
    And, the awful things that resulted from it.
    Have you even tried asking Chuck about it? Chances are he will tell you its true. And, if he does not, spend 5 minutes doing an online search.
    Inconvenient, I know, but you just don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good albeit misdirected rant....do you?
    You ask "Got any support (citations, links) for that?"

Well, as a matter of fact, I do.

National Library of Medicine:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3676224/

Ever heard of this thing called the Opiod Crisis?
    https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/dis...-purdue-pharma

From a former drug rep: "We were being trained to misinform people."
    https://fherehab.com/news/book-writt...cal-sales-rep/

Let me know if you'd like anything more.

Ok, your turn, show me YOUR facts..........let's see YOU back up YOUR claim(s).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

The Dalai Lama said, “Violence is old-fashioned. Anger doesn’t get you anywhere. If you can calm your mind and be patient, you will be a wonderful example to those around you.”

Thanks

Wipe the spit off your keyboard, mate.

I said that it would be easy. . .

I didn't say you did it. Check?

I recall something (from Shakespeare?)

Sir— I display a general garment and you claim that it is cut to your measure.

Given your behavior on this forum, I can't see you as an innocent victim. That you go on bashing Chuck underlines both your pent-up hate and hysteria.

Take a breather.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (October 4th, 2022)

Thanks

Wipe the spit off your keyboard, mate.

I said that it would be easy. . .

I didn't say you did it. Check?

I recall something (from Shakespeare?)

Given your behavior on this forum, I can't see you as an innocent victim. That you go on bashing Chuck underlines both your pent-up hate and hysteria.

Take a breather.
    Ok, let me be sure I understand what you are saying.
    You believe it is perfectly fine and completely acceptable for someone to post on a public forum a declarative statement which falsely reports that someone threatened their life?
    Yes or no?
    Last edited by 724Seney; October 3rd, 2022 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks

You have falsely claimed all manner of stuff. Spewed insults.

If you had acted like a normal, decent person, I might see you as a victim.

But I have no basis to reach that conclusion.

I hope that you and Chuck can resolve the problem. Count me out.

Thanks

You have falsely claimed all manner of stuff. Spewed insults.

If you had acted like a normal, decent person, I might see you as a victim.

But I have no basis to reach that conclusion.

I hope that you and Chuck can resolve the problem. Count me out.
    Excuse me but that is not what I asked you. It is a simple yes or no question.
    Do you believe it is perfectly fine and completely acceptable for someone to post on a public forum a declarative statement which falsely reports that someone threatened their life?

Please respond, yes or no.

And, to your point of my bashing Chuck, I did as you asked and provided you with citations and links. If that constitutes my continued bashing of Chuck then you need to own that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Jessica Atreides in the book Dune

Still a fitting quote no matter the origin!
    (did you see what I did there)
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; October 3rd, 2022 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

EoC: Cool! I love a good pun.

≈*≈*≈

724: Yes or no my arse. My reservation is your claim that his statement was false.

He might have misunderstood you, but there must have been something in the content or the tone to make him feel threatened. If you know what post(s) he's referring to, why don't you quote them and let us judge?

Enough said?
    Last edited by Chip; October 3rd, 2022 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks

EoC: Cool! I love a good pun.

≈*≈*≈

724: Yes or no my arse. My reservation is your claim that his statement was false.

He might have misunderstood you, but there must have been something in the content or the tone to make him feel threatened. If you know what post(s) he's referring to, why don't you quote them and let us judge?

Enough said?
    Now that's an interesting proposition....
    You want me to post a statement that was never made and then you will judge it?
    Brilliant!

Actually, we do think alike though, at least with regard to this one isolated concept. I have repeatedly asked Chuck to post it. Surely if someone threatens your life you are going to keep the evidence of that threat and not delete it.
    Have you seen it??? I've not..............

Isn't the "burden of proof" on him and not me????
    Last edited by 724Seney; October 4th, 2022 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks

Are you the prosecutor or the judge?

Maybe both?

In any event, it's your mess. Deal with it.