Thread: Parker 75 - A Couple Unique Specimens

Thanks

Default Parker 75 - A Couple Unique Specimens

I really love Parker 75's, and there tend to be some cool variations floating around out there. While looking through a collector's estate, I noticed a couple 75s with tassies that offered variations which I'd never seen before. I'm still pretty new to this (just passed year two in the rabbit hole), and am learning new things daily about prototypes, limited production runs/special editions, and even pens that are rumored to exist but nobody has seen one in person (meaning maybe they made 1-2 and the makers kept them or somesuch).

Anyhow, can anyone give me a little more info on these? One is a cap actuated ballpoint with a lot of patina on it...and what appears to be a turquoise cabochon. I know there were 75s with opals, red cabochons, blue, and pink jewels/cabochons...but no pictures/descriptions of this stone anywhere I can find. Maybe a jeweler's addition?

The second pen is relatively special as I've read that titanium nibs are few and far between...but it also has a dished tassie with a reflective blue coating on it. It seems like I read about this existing, but when referencing the tassie variation page of the Parker 75 website, there's nothing talking about this. How rare is the titanium nib, exactly? Does anyone know? And what's going on with the dished part of this tassie?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moonamongus For This Useful Post:

catbert (September 16th, 2022), Deb (September 17th, 2022), RWS (September 18th, 2022), Yazeh (September 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Parker 75 - A Couple Unique Specimens

Have recently gotten hooked on Parker 75’s and was delighted to learn about these from you !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OCArt For This Useful Post:

moonamongus (September 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Well, you know more about P-75's than I do.
    I have in over the 15 years I've been chasing pens, only read about cabochon tops, but hadn't seen any....but I don't hang out in Parker sub-sections.
    Thanks for the picture.

I got mine in '71/72 for $22.00 in silver dollar days. $18 for the P-75 MP/BP...a bit later that is refereed to as a Classic. There appears to be two models of the P-75's little brother. If there was changes between the two. I don't know....It was only recently I found out about the BP Classic. I had just refereed to them as the P-75 set.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoBo Olson For This Useful Post:

moonamongus (September 17th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

that nib is awesome