Thread: La Couronne du Compte declares Bankruptcy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

Default La Couronne du Compte declares Bankruptcy

La Couronne du Compte has not been answering emails or phone calls for the past few weeks and an FPN user called a nearby business who said the store has been closed. Notice of Bankruptcy has now been posted.

Link: https://www.faillissementen.com/fail...ne-du-comte-bv

Google translate: On 21-09-2022, the court of Breda declared the company La Couronne Du Comte B.V., registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 63724073, in a state of bankruptcy, appointing mr. H.L.J.M. van Grinsven as curator. The insolvency number is F.02/22/137. The legal form is a private limited company with an ordinary structure and the main activity of this company was 46499, GH ov. consumer art. (non-food) n.e.c..

If you have any outstanding paid orders with Couronne du Compte you may want to contact Paypal or your Credit Card Representative.

All the Best.
    Last edited by junglejim; September 21st, 2022 at 12:11 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aurore (December 5th, 2022), BlkWhiteFilmPix (February 13th, 2023), carlos.q (September 21st, 2022), catbert (September 21st, 2022), Chrissy (September 21st, 2022), da vinci (September 21st, 2022), Gulfcoast (February 14th, 2023), Pterodactylus (September 21st, 2022), Scrawler (February 15th, 2023), TSherbs (September 21st, 2022), Yazeh (September 21st, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: La Couronne du Compte declares Bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    La Couronne du Compte has not been answering emails or phone calls for the past few weeks and an FPN user called a nearby business who said the store has been closed. Notice of Bankruptcy has now been posted.

Link: https://www.faillissementen.com/fail...ne-du-comte-bv

Google translate: On 21-09-2022, the court of Breda declared the company La Couronne Du Comte B.V., registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 63724073, in a state of bankruptcy, appointing mr. H.L.J.M. van Grinsven as curator. The insolvency number is F.02/22/137. The legal form is a private limited company with an ordinary structure and the main activity of this company was 46499, GH ov. consumer art. (non-food) n.e.c..

If you have any outstanding paid orders with Couronne du Compte you may want to contact Paypal or your Credit Card Representative.

All the Best.
    Thanks for the info their web page is still online.
    Lucky me, I received a package with inks from them a few months ago, I waited I think 3-4 months from ordering until I received it.

Shops with a good selection of inks, reasonable prices within Europe getting less and less.
    So this are bad news.

In former times I ordered things also from the writing desk in England but as the Brits decided to leave EU it make no sense anymore to order something from there, too much trouble and too expensive.

Ordering something from outside EU got less and less attractive (import taxes, customs, package handling fees,…)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

aurore (December 5th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 2,258 Posts

So sad to hear that. And they just had a new series of inks out....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Scrawler (February 15th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 397 Posts

I think that these spammers are just botts.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

FPN member Geert Jan just posted this update over at FPN:

" A quick follow-up, based on a fresh report from the administrators

No restart of the business (talks fell through), and all stock has been sold
    Apparently there are still items that were brought in for repair waiting for collection. The administrators claim they tried to contact the owners to no avail. If you had something in for repair and not yet received it back, it's worth a try.

I'm still sorry to see them gone, despite the shortcomings of their business "
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Doggy Daddy (February 13th, 2023), JulieParadise (February 14th, 2023), Yazeh (February 13th, 2023)

Thanks

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what their current status was. Sorry to see them go.

Thanks

It is a sad news and I was planning to get some ink that if not available in UK.
    What a sad thing that so many are going miss their services.

Thanks

Hey there, thanks for sharing this update. It's always sad to hear about a business closing down. I was curious about the term pre-pack administration that I came across while reading up on business insolvency. It seems to be a method where a company can sell its assets to a new owner as a part of a restructuring process, with the intention of continuing to operate under a new name. I found this article on Antony Batty & Company's website that explains it further. Have any of you had any experience with pre pack administration or knew of any businesses that have successfully used this method to restructure?
    Last edited by Froscortan; March 21st, 2023 at 02:24 PM.