Thread: Want to Buy a "Tall faceted ink bottle" rubber stamp

Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 Times in 4,001 Posts

Default Want to Buy a "Tall faceted ink bottle" rubber stamp

The Well Appointed Desk used to sell a rubber stamp of a "tall faceted ink bottle" that's similar to the original Bungubox type vase bottles.
    It's size was 2" by 1.25" and it took up quite a lot of a Col-O-Ring card

Ana no longer sells that particular rubber stamp because it was never particularly popular as it was a bit big, but does now sell a set of 4 stamps that includes a smaller version of it at 1.5" by 0.75"

I would love to acquire one of the original larger rubber stamps so am asking here just in case someone bought one and doesn't use it. Or maybe bought a set and prefers the smaller version.

Here's your chance to sell it.

My best guess is that it would easily ship to England by USPS 1st Class International mail in a bubble mailer for about $17 and that includes tracking all the way to my door.

Ana could potentially get me one from her supplier but can only sell through Etsy and they seem to add on a lot of extras to get it here. I can't find one the same anywhere.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Re: Want to Buy a "Tall faceted ink bottle" rubber stamp

Do you have a picture of the image you want Chrissy? It's very easy to have a stamp made in the UK to your exact specifications, either in wooden backed rubber or clear cling. They're not expensive at all - that sort of size should be under a tenner in a cling version - they generally take only a couple of days to arrive as well.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 22nd, 2022), Stands on Feet (September 22nd, 2022), Yazeh (September 22nd, 2022)

Thanks

I do have the image and have already investigated that. They cost £24 and aren't made from the same rubber. Nor do they come with the image printed on the top of the wooden stamp but all seem to have a handle instead.

I've even considered buying rubber and tools and cutting one myself by following a YouTube video. That wouldn't be as good either. LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,257 Posts

Would you consider a clear version? They cling to any hard surface, or get a dedicated acrylic block (very inexpensive) and you can see exactly the position.

My last one from mamamakes was a tenner for a stamp of about the same height. I already had acrylic blocks, but any hard flat surface works. These are photopolymer rather than rubber, but I like being able to see the exact image rather than just a picture of it. There are loads of people on etsy offering the same or similar service.

I also dislike stamps with handles!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 22nd, 2022)

Thanks

I've never seen one but will have a look. Stamps with handles just seem to take up too much room in a drawer. And I really don't need a handle