Thread: NEW Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Stainless Steel Rollerball Pen Model #5019

Thanks

Default NEW Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Stainless Steel Rollerball Pen Model #5019

Hello all. I posted this before, but it wouldn't let me add pics from my mobile, so I'm reposting.

I got a Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Stainless Steel Rollerball Pen Model 5019 from my brother for my 40th birthday. It is brand new. It was gifted to him and he re-gifted it to me. Turns out neither of us had a use for it.

The box is opened, but the pen has not been used other than to test the ink (which is dead, btw, due to sitting unused for 14 years). This is in the original box and still has the original warranty/sale information along with the stamp of the Montblanc store it was purchased from and the serial number. This also has an unused personalization coupon as well as the Montblanc Service Guide. Pictures of all these things and the pen are included.

Please contact me with any questions. I see that new, this pen is selling for around $950. I'd take $800. Feel free to educate me if you think this price is unfair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: NEW Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Stainless Steel Rollerball Pen Model #5

I realize this isn't a fountain pen. Do people buy non-fountain pens on this forum? Or does anyone know of a place I should go where non-fountaun pens are of more interest?

Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: NEW Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Stainless Steel Rollerball Pen Model #5

I would say rollerball pens sell here also, I’ve been on the hunt for one at a good price for some time. You also have the brand people snatch up rather fast. Seems that there is some hesitation to pay so close to retail price for something that is 14 years in a drawer. I wish you the best of luck, and hope the right person finds your ad soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hi. Rollerballs sell here. If you want to get an idea of what the market price might be for a pen in this condition, check out the ebay. There’s nothing particularly rare about this pen in my view. It’s not like some of Montblanc’s roller balls that retain a significant amount of their value or that are limited additions, which enhance value. I would guesstimate that you’re about $400 to $500 above what you’re likely to get for it. The fact of the matter is once it goes out the door, a pen of this nature loses a substantial amount of its value.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gordeeal For This Useful Post:

TheIBF (October 2nd, 2022)