Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,325 Posts

Default Re: Q + Trump = what's our future?

I thought about the accusation thing, and how we see that as a common tactic from one side. The same (or similar) statement, consistently repeated, with no evidence to substantiate it ever provided (other than more 'outrage' narrative of what they perceived to have happen).

But this "waaaahhhhhh!!!!! someone insulted my profession!!!!!!" ridiculousness has been repeated so many times I thought I'd have a look. Let's set the record straight.

Here, I mocked TSherbs (not his profession) with a pseudo-Shakespeare dialogue, saying it might provide more clarity for an English teacher.

Here, I mocked English majors that didn't study logic. I'm pretty sure a major isn't a profession, and one major mocking another is no more novel an event than mocking a fan of a rival team or all other sorts of things.

But I've done that a few times, even noting that my wife has a degree in English in this post (and brushed off the "if she's real" and blow up doll implication nonsense that followed from the chuckleheads). My wife apparently has a better sense of humor than TSherbs, but that's not saying a lot.

Previously in that thread, I did make a comment about natural selection apparently not being taught in English classes (and that he should go see his hard-science fellows).

This one is rich. Right after TSherbs ends his reply to Pendragon with "You're a moral and empathetic imbecile You all seem to collect here in these back threads of this pen site. What a fucking cesspool.", I quoted his comment of pandemics and history with "thank god you teach English and not history".

Here's a comment I made in response to his usual vulgarity that I thought an English teacher could be more creative or eloquent.

But most likely TSherbs is referring to the series of posts that begins HERE. He made a typical stupid comment, kazoolaw replied "your poor students" (which I concurred with). Some version of "fuck you, you fuckety McFuck faces" followed, and both kazoolaw and I made perfectly clear that we had no problem with his profession - offering only our assessment of his competence in said profession, based on his posts.

So go ahead TSherbs, back up your bullshit. Maybe I did miss what you're talking about, but I looked at every search result for "English" with me as the poster. Did I poke fun at English majors? Yep. Did I poke fun (and even insult) your competence? Sure did. What I didn't do is insult your profession.

But none of that really matters, if we're honest. TSherbs will just deflect with more bullshit (usually attempting to ridicule spending a few minutes to clearly prove him wrong - again). Doubling down or reiterating the falsehood, as noted earlier, is a common tactic (see also: Democrat Party). I'm kind of hoping he puts his education to use and gives us a spell-binding vitriolic diatribe heavily laced with expletives - but as the record shows, he doesn't appear to be very competent in his discipline (and that word has a few appropriate connotations).

--edit--

Bolded pertinent text that would be disingenuously overlooked.
    Last edited by dneal; October 11th, 2022 at 08:13 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Time to consider your support of Trump, folks.
    "David Montgomery of the Washington Post has written a roundup of what 21 experts “in the presidency, political science, public administration, the military, intelligence, foreign affairs, economics and civil rights” say would happen should Trump be reelected in 2024.

They argue that upon taking office, Trump would install super loyalists to do his bidding and would ignore the Senate if it tried to stop him, as he largely did in his term. He has, after all, already outlined a plan to fire career civil servants and has explored a rigorous system for guaranteeing loyalists for those posts. Next, the experts suggest, he would deploy the military at home against his enemies while disengaging internationally and turning things over to Putin and other authoritarians. America’s global leadership would end, not least because no other nations would trust our intelligence services. Political violence would become the norm, giving Trump an excuse to declare martial law, and our democracy would fall.

We ignore this at our peril. After all, more than half the Republican nominees for office in November are election deniers, and on Saturday, October 8, Republican nominee for Nevada secretary of state Jim Marchant told a rally, “We’re gonna fix the whole country and President Trump is gonna be president again.”

Heather Cox Richardson

Thanks

I am pleased the US is led by people not bowing to autocratics. Putin of course, but also Saudi Arabia.

Thanks

Reminds me of Churchill.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    Well, looks like EoC has deleted his most recent meltdown, not something entirely new.

Is he ashamed of what he said? Did he realize he was wrong? I doubt either, but it makes the whole conversation not make any sense. Also, conveniently enough, the PMs he posted are gone I guess after everyone else who posted here agreed they were consistent with my side of the story.
    “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” – Mahatma Gandhi

If we take the stance that we will make no effort to change things for the better until the other guy goes first, then we will always be reactive and not proactive, and nothing will change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Well, looks like EoC has deleted his most recent meltdown, not something entirely new.

Is he ashamed of what he said? Did he realize he was wrong? I doubt either, but it makes the whole conversation not make any sense. Also, conveniently enough, the PMs he posted are gone I guess after everyone else who posted here agreed they were consistent with my side of the story.
    “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” – Mahatma Gandhi

If we take the stance that we will make no effort to change things for the better until the other guy goes first, then we will always be reactive and not proactive, and nothing will change.
    Noted: EoC's response here, in Post 205, exactly repeats his Post 200.
    Perhaps repeating the Gandhi quote, and his own statement, demonstrate he knows he needs to make the effort, and are signs he will make positive changes.
    Or not.
    Time will tell.

Thanks

Judge denies Trump request to delay deposition in E. Jean Carroll rape defamation case

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/12/judg...tion-case.html

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post

Perhaps repeating the Gandhi quote, and his own statement, demonstrate he knows he needs to make the effort, and are signs he will make positive changes.
    Or not.
    Time will tell.

Suggest engaging with the message and not focussing on the messenger: as it applies to all here, without exception.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; October 13th, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

Or not.
    Time will tell.

Suggest focussing on the message and not the messenger: as it applies to all here, without exception.
    False, and that's the problem with universals.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Exhibit E

I can list more, and others have tried too. There are obvious trends that indicate the posters seemingly bent on disrupting any discussion.

Thanks

Suggest engaging with the message and not focussing on the messenger: as it applies to all here, without exception.
    Suggest the messenger himself engage with the message.
    Or not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (October 13th, 2022)

Thanks

The lead disruptions do not originate with one member. Some of you have misplaced your mirrors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    The lead disruptions do not originate with one member. Some of you have misplaced your mirrors.
    I left mine in Exhibit A. You could go check on it if you like, and you'll find it on post #33, among others.

Thanks

I fully support your self-examination.

Thanks

"The committee established that Trump knew that he had lost the election. His campaign advisors and his lawyers repeatedly told him that any suggestion that the election had been stolen was a lie. He even admitted that he had lost and, crucially, just days after he lost the election, abruptly ordered the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Somalia and Afghanistan by January 15, clearly intending to set up his successor, Democrat Joe Biden, for a global crisis the minute he took office. (Defense Department officials successfully stopped the order.)"

HCR

Thanks

Just curious, do you disagree with me/the information or is it that you just don't like the truth to be told in a particular way? I am asking so I can comply with your wishes in the future.

Thanks

Even Trump Jr is distancing himself. What’s the issue with the resident Trumpians here?

Thanks

Just curious, do you disagree with me/the information or is it that you just don't like the truth to be told in a particular way? I am asking so I can comply with your wishes in the future.
    1. I have disagreed with you in the past. I suspect we will disagree in the future.
    2. I don't see that you've supplied any information in post 211. My first entry in this Topic was to post that Biden issued 100 executive orders. You called me "grossly" misinformed, and then a citation to the Federal Register by 724Seney pointed out it was actually 98 at that point. Being off by 2 doesn't seem gross to me. I think as of today the number is 101 if I read this correctly. https://www.federalregister.gov/pres...1%20and%202022
    My next post was after the drama with EoC and was about EoC, and was in line with the discussion at that point.
    3. I always like the truth to be told in a truthful manner.
    4. I took "Some of you,,," to include yourself, Chuck, and that you'd be looking in the mirror at yourself. Which is why I wished you well. If I misunderstood you, and you did not include yourself as a disrupter who should be looking in a mirror, my mistake. I still wish you well.

Thanks

1. I have disagreed with you in the past. I suspect we will disagree in the future.
    2. I don't see that you've supplied any information in post 211. My first entry in this Topic was to post that Biden issued 100 executive orders. You called me "grossly" misinformed, and then a citation to the Federal Register by 724Seney pointed out it was actually 98 at that point. Being off by 2 doesn't seem gross to me. I think as of today the number is 101 if I read this correctly. https://www.federalregister.gov/pres...1%20and%202022
    My next post was after the drama with EoC and was about EoC, and was in line with the discussion at that point.
    3. I always like the truth to be told in a truthful manner.
    4. I took "Some of you,,," to include yourself, Chuck, and that you'd be looking in the mirror at yourself. Which is why I wished you well. If I misunderstood you, and you did not include yourself as a disrupter who should be looking in a mirror, my mistake. I still wish you well.
    I wish you well as well…

I do include myself. I constantly ask myself if I am the same as a Fox News listener and just repeating what I have read.

My position has been since 2015 is that Trump is a threat. Nothing that I have gleaned says otherwise.

Biden has his faults, but he took the lead against Putin, took Covid-19 seriously, is taking a competitive stance toward China, has provided resources for Americans, has not dealt with immigration to date, but is this complicated by McConnell, you can decide for yourself.

I’ll go on record for saying if Trump or his ilk succeed, the US will not be what most want. So, it’s not that people love Biden, but they fear Trump. And fear is the operative word.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Reminds me of a favorite book: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hunter S. Thompson wrote some great pieces on contemporary politics (which appear in The Great Shark Hunt.)

The illustrator, Ralph Steadman, is a nasty genius. Here's his portrait of Mister T.

I don't so much fear Trump (except in the way I fear a drunk at the wheel of a monster pickup) but I do loathe every hair on his balding head and every bone in his bloated body.

Thanks

For those wanting to bash everything Biden is doing, this might surprise. It may also, if you didn't choose to listen to the January 6 broadcast what Trump tried to do, proving also he understood he had suffered a failure.
    https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...m_source=email