Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Thanks

Default Re: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    And what was that impeachment "retribution" for, Seney?
    I'm surprised you have to ask.....
    For "stealing" the election from Hillary, of course.

It case you've forgotten, it was not the Republicans who came up with this "stolen election" concept.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

It case you've forgotten, it was not the Republicans who came up with this "stolen election" concept.
    That election wasn't stolen.

Thanks

I agree. But, as you know, not all share our opinion.......

And, those who do not are the Democrats (many of whom were serving as elected officials) who started the Impeach Trump movement well before the day he became President.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

I agree. But, as you know, not all share our opinion.......

And, those who do not are the Democrats (many of whom were serving as elected officials) who started the Impeach Trump movement well before the day he became President.
    Could you name those persons please? Were they in charge of filing the impeachment? I remember some nutjobs saying this, but it was mostly about the meetings and connections with Russians in Trump Tower and the machinations of dudes like that lawyer Michael Cohen. Not about a "stolen" election. Hilary made a couple bitter remarks, but she was not in power (and still is not). And if I remember correctly, there was much debate even among Democrats whether the impeachment was the wise thing to do. The second impeachment was obviously not "retribution" because Biden had just kicked his ass in the election. Maybe it was a victory stomp.

Impeaching Biden would be even less wise and more vindictive.

The worst part of this to me was the statements by senate leaders that they were no longer impartial, even before the trial. We have wrecked this important method of removing corrupt Presidents, and that "wreckage" began with impeaching Bill Clinton for lying about an affair and his sexual misconduct. That impeachment should not have happened either. It was not "retribution," it was an attempt to weaken and besmirch and drag out into public all they could against a very popular and successful president (he was not without his faults, of course).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Remind him the last time a Republican won the popular vote was 2004. Dominant Minority at work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    3 Stooges.jpg

Chip Chuck Ted
    N'Yuck, N'Yuck N'Yuck.........

Thanks

come on, Seney

I actually addressed your post with a question for clarification and some commentary that was in no way directed at you.

Thanks

come on, Seney

I actually addressed your post with a question for clarification and some commentary that was in no way directed at you.
    Agreed.

But long ago I finally saw the light and recognized the utter futility of responding to your questions.
    Even in the presence of incontrovertible, evidence based data you persist with increasingly irrelevant questions / challenges OR just refuse to acknowledge the validity of my point and move on in some other direction.

In other words @TSherbs, answering your questions is an utter waste of my time. You & your pals have already made up your minds about anything & everything Republican and do not want to be confused by the facts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Thanks for wasting your time with us today, then. Come back and troll the thread again soon!

Thanks

Thanks for wasting your time with us today, then. Come back and troll the thread again soon!
    Actually, you should be glad for my intermittent trolling.
    Were it not for me and a few other brave souls who look in from time to time, the 3-4 of you would just be here all alone enjoying your 24/7/365 circle jerk.
    You guys have driven everyone else away from this sub-forum with your one track, self-aggrandizing, closed minds.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

come on, Seney

Agreed.

But long ago I finally saw the light and recognized the utter futility of responding to your questions.
    Even in the presence of incontrovertible, evidence based data you persist with increasingly irrelevant questions / challenges OR just refuse to acknowledge the validity of my point and move on in some other direction.

In other words @TSherbs, answering your questions is an utter waste of my time. You & your pals have already made up your minds about anything & everything Republican and do not want to be confused by the facts.
    As I've posted before, almost no one here has had their mind changed here. They come to support their side. It's like an Atheist and an Orthodox Jew trying to convert one another... The only change in stance I've seen was my own acceptance of others' justifications for guns. When I came here, I was as anti as the other liberals, but my opinion was changed. I've yet to witness anyone else have an altering of their opinions.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

Actually, you should be glad for my intermittent trolling.
    Were it not for me and a few other brave souls who look in from time to time, the 3-4 of you would just be here all alone enjoying your 24/7/365 circle jerk.
    You guys have driven everyone else away from this sub-forum with your one track, self-aggrandizing, closed minds.
    Grateful for your posting that those who disagree with you are "stooges"? That kind of effort at conversation?

Like Lloyd said, if you're here to change minds, you're making a mistake. Why would you want to change anyone's mind? Conversations don't have to be about changing other people. In fact, attempting to change other people is an act of hubris (and usually results in suffering to both people).

The topic here is Q and Trump, from recent news. Are you a Q follower? Do you support Trump's turn toward Q followers?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    come on, Seney

Agreed.

As I've posted before, almost no one here has had their mind changed here. They come to support their side. It's like an Atheist and an Orthodox Jew trying to convert one another... The only change in stance I've seen was my own acceptance of others' justifications for guns. When I came here, I was as anti as the other liberals, but my opinion was changed. I've yet to witness anyone else have an altering of their opinions.

I appreciate your perspective Lloyd and I have witnessed what you are saying about yourself to be true.

Not so for the other three though. Everything is the same, all the time. They don't want to be confused by any facts because they have already made up their closed, one track minds.

If more were like you, this sub-forum might still have some vibrant discussion and broad participation. But, at this point in time, it's become a ghost town.......... all that's here is the incessant, mutually supportive garbage that comes from the other three.
    Anybody can peruse the current threads and see this for themselves.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You and I have actually had a few constructive conversations, Seney. What's gotten into you today? Are you a defender of QAnon?

Thanks

You and I have actually had a few constructive conversations, Seney. What's gotten into you today? Are you a defender of QAnon?
    Lord no!!
    But I sure hate it when someone assumes I am because I think Biden is an awful President and that the "Progressive" / Woke agenda has put this Country on an express elevator straight to hell.

Thanks

Lord no!!
    roger

So, did Trump's recent overtures to QAnon upset you or make you worried about the possible frontrunner of the GOP for 2024? Do you hope that Trump wins the nomination again?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    come on, Seney

Agreed.

I appreciate your perspective Lloyd and I have witnessed what you are saying about yourself to be true.

Not so for the other three though. Everything is the same, all the time. They don't want to be confused by any facts because they have already made up their closed, one track minds.

If more were like you, this sub-forum might still have some vibrant discussion and broad participation. But, at this point in time, it's become a ghost town.......... all that's here is the incessant, mutually supportive garbage that comes from the other three.
    Anybody can peruse the current threads and see this for themselves.
    No offense intended, but those non- liberals (at least one isn't a direct GOP supporter either) are equally fixed in their predetermined opinions. Virtually all these debates have logical rationale for each side and logical reasons against each side, otherwise they wouldn't last. Sadly, no one wants to openly listen to the other perspective without trying to shoot it down.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Lloyd - feel free to cite all these supposed logical reasons offered in "virtually all these debates" as a response to "logical rationale". You know who I'm talking about. Should I resume pointing out the childish, ridiculous, and definitely not-logical posts we do get in "virtually all these debates"?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Lord no!!
    roger

So, did Trump's recent overtures to QAnon upset you or make you worried about the possible frontrunner of the GOP for 2024? Do you hope that Trump wins the nomination again?
    As I have said several times before, I am not a Trumper and I would very much prefer that someone else was the Republican candidate for President in 2024.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 26th, 2022), TSherbs (September 26th, 2022)