Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,325 Posts

Default Re: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Q-Anon is a conspiracy crazy people on both sides get fixated on. An internet apparition that offers prophesy for the right, and creates a boogeyman side-kick for orange enemy #1.

I don't care how long Lloyd has or hasn't been here. He seems like a nice guy with a lot of questions he should spend his own time researching. He also appears to have a problem identifying partisan information campaigns - and we get this thread and article.

Oh, Lloyd - Is there some reason you still won't answer questions? Do they conflict with your internal narrative? Are your positions so paper-thin that you can't back them up? You know, with evidence and logical reasoning?
    I've answered many questions here. I don't see a point to answering YOUR questions at this point.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    See how you dodge? I'm not talking about the number of questions you've answered here.

You don't see a point to answering MY questions, because this time I'm not leading you away from an unsubstantiated opinion that you don't really have any emotional ties to. I'm challenging your narrative, and you don't have a cogent response.

It's a theme here. The bullshit gets called out, and the demeanor changes and the name calling begins. Trolls and Trumpists everywhere. You guys like to blame me, and whatever... But the reason you all get so pissy is because of the cognitive dissonance. Look how merely mentioning ivermectin triggers Chuck and reduces him to babbling nonsense. "HORSE DEWORMER!!!" Talk about Hunter's laptop and suddenly no one is as adamant about rule of law and corruption. Instead, it's "WHATABOUTISM". I've half a mind to point out to Chuck that YouTube is accessible on the computers at the public library, just to see what nonsense he responds with.

Isn't is odd that scottt experienced something similar? He beat several of the usual malcontents senseless with facts and reason, and predictably he became everything from a troll to a RWW. I'm not a variable in that equation, so how did that happen? Maybe your calculus is wrong and it's not me... Hmmmm.

Don't you think it's curious that scottt and Seney have identified the same problem of leftist narratives here? I gave you facts and reason on a topic you apparently don't have a lot of investment in (guns), you changed your mind somewhat, and lord have you been patting yourself on the back for it. You're so objective now - or are you? What in the conspiratorial screed you linked in the OP is anything other than leftist narrative? Best I can tell, you haven't really commented on your article at all so far in this thread; except in the most indirect mentions of "Q-Anon".

You really should listen to Scott Adams.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

No gossip columnists for me. From what our posts, that’s your realm.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 662 Posts

Scottt hasn't acted the way you do, dneal. By and large, he's posted rationally, with composure, despite multiple challengers who, at times, didn't show as much reason. You aren't his peer in my eyes. Also, he's always treated others with respect.

Last edited by Lloyd; September 27th, 2022 at 04:02 PM.
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

"One day, I recognized that, in the teachings of the Noble Eightfold Path and the teachings of the Five Powers, concentration and insight are always preceded by mindfulness. The Five Powers are faith, diligence, mindfulness, concentration, and insight. Faith has an energy which leads to diligence and diligence leads to the power of mindfulness. The power of mindfulness leads to the power of concentration which in turn leads to the power of insight."

- Thich Nhat Hanh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Scottt hasn't acted the way you do, dneal. He's always treated others with respect.
    I don't care for my name being f*cked with (Chipotle?) in a snotty way. He also discounted my experience (related in more convincing detail than his), ridiculed my take (on the sniper rifle, for instance) and implied several times that I'm irrational, a victim of leftist hysteria, etc.

So, for you, that's respect?

Go shake your limp, white finger at someone else.

Thanks

Scottt hasn't acted the way you do, dneal. By and large, he's posted rationally, with composure, despite multiple challengers who, at times, didn't show as much reason. You aren't his peer in my eyes. Also, he's always treated others with respect.

scottt also has been posting here a few weeks. Give him time. The "peer" thing is a weird comment though. Why would I care about your opinion of that?

But you still avoid the point, strangely, and respond with basically "well, you're a big doo-doo head". You're determined to deflect with this, so fine, I'm whatever you imagine. Happy now? Is there some reason you can't see that there's just a few particulars that I no longer treat with respect? Go on, back up your bullshit. Where was I not respectful to MHosea, Dreck, ethernautrix, Dave, etc... here? We certainly didn't agree on everything. We certainly didn't have all the answers. The only attempts at contentious posts were from who, do you suppose?

Now back to the trends others have identified, even scottt in just a few weeks. Is there some reason you can't address that? That there are a few very vocal, contentious posters with a similar mindset who are quickly reduced to vitriol and rhetoric (if they don't simply begin with it, at this point) when their pseudo-arguments are shredded. Is that my doing too, even when I'm not present? That notion doesn't seem to be easily reconciled. Have at it though, it's your argument isn't it?

What do you do with the information that doesn't comport with the narrative you've built? So far it's always been dismiss and ignore, and seems to be the case still.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Scottt hasn't acted the way you do, dneal. He's always treated others with respect.
    I don't care for my name being f*cked with (Chipotle?) in a snotty way. He also discounted my experience (related in more convincing detail than his), ridiculed my take (on the sniper rifle, for instance) and implied several times that I'm irrational, a victim of leftist hysteria, etc.

Lloyd, how do you reconcile this? scottt did riff off of "Chip" a few times, (although clearly in response to Chip's shitty attitude). TSherbs has already played the troll card on him. Chuck will be calling him a Trumper any time now.

Of course this post by Chip is just bullshit whining about getting (expertly) served the thing he delights in dishing out. Chip posts "RWWs", alludes that scottt is one, and cries about that sounding a lot like leftist hysteria, when it's pointed out. Oh, poor Chip. He was ridiculed!!! #gimmeafuckingbreak

How you'll make that my fault will be entertaining.

Thanks

I meant compared to others, especially dneal. Yes, scottt has shown minor disrespect but usually only when it was repeatedly lobbed at him.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Thanks

I meant compared to others, especially dneal. Yes, scottt has shown minor disrespect but usually only when it was repeatedly lobbed at him.

You forgot to call him Cow-Chip again, oh supreme arbiter of moral behavior.

How much was I supposed to have lobbed at me before I stopped responding respectfully? Does that only apply to scottt?

Thanks

How much was I supposed to have lobbed at me before I stopped responding respectfully? Does that only apply to scottt?
    You seem to fear honestly assessing yourself. You defensively read your old posts and work to justify them. You take no responsibility for your treatment of others and forget your conspiratorial posts. Perhaps Marley's ghost will visit you for Christmas.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Jeez! Did you already forget about my propane tank?

Thanks

You seem to fear honestly assessing yourself. You defensively read your old posts and work to justify them. You take no responsibility for your treatment of others and forget your conspiratorial posts. Perhaps Marley's ghost will visit you for Christmas.

You're still fixated on me, and deflecting with it. Again, fine. I'll accept whatever accusation or label you want to apply. You win.

Now about those other points inconvenient to your narrative that you continue to ignore... Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, isn't it?

Thanks

I'd be lying if I said I knew what you're asking about (inconvenient points?). I'd also be lying if I said I cared.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    "One day, I recognized that, in the teachings of the Noble Eightfold Path and the teachings of the Five Powers, concentration and insight are always preceded by mindfulness. The Five Powers are faith, diligence, mindfulness, concentration, and insight. Faith has an energy which leads to diligence and diligence leads to the power of mindfulness. The power of mindfulness leads to the power of concentration which in turn leads to the power of insight."

- Thich Nhat Hanh
    Spam!!

Thanks

"The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. This helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the ultimate source of success in life."

- His Holiness 14th Dalai Lama

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 27th, 2022), TSherbs (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

I'd be lying if I said I knew what you're asking about (inconvenient points?). I'd also be lying if I said I cared.

Strange. It's right there in the earlier posts. Data that contradicts your narrative, for example; and questions of how you reconcile it. Identical trends noted by not-regulars here?

You seem awfully dense sometimes, but surely you're not so dense or biased that you can't read simple questions. Are you being deliberately obtuse perhaps? It's possible, I suppose. But that reinforces a question of why you seem unable to address these contradictions, to the point of outright dodging.
    Last edited by dneal; September 27th, 2022 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added referenced quote

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

- Thich Nhat Hanh
    Spam!!
    "A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it." - Dōgen

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Peanuts - The Doctor Is In......jpg

Thanks

"The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. This helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the ultimate source of success in life."

- His Holiness 14th Dalai Lama
    Spam!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

- Thich Nhat Hanh
    Spam!!
    "A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it." - Dōgen
    Spam!