Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 658 Posts

Default Re: Q + Trump = what's our future?

If you can't tell the difference between the quotes that EoC is posting and the following, please see your optometrist.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I knew what you're asking about (inconvenient points?). I'd also be lying if I said I cared.

Strange. It's right there in the earlier posts. Data that contradicts your narrative, for example; and questions of how you reconcile it. Identical trends noted by not-regulars here?

You seem awfully dense sometimes, but surely you're not so dense or biased that you can't read simple questions. Are you being deliberately obtuse perhaps? It's possible, I suppose. But that reinforces a question of why you seem unable to address these contradictions, to the point of outright dodging.
    I'll briefly play along... please post a recent contradiction from me.
    We are all non-regulars here. It's the island of the misfit toys.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Thanks

If you can't tell the difference between the quotes that EoC is posting and the following, please see your optometrist.

Actually, Lloyd, with (as you like to say) "no offense," the only thing I am seeing is two total nut jobs who are the side show of the main area which is featuring this increasingly entertaining shit show.

EoC needs to get his frikkin' pens sold and go away once and for all.

And you need to take much of what @dneal has said to heart. You have quickly become this sub-forum's buffoon. If that's what you want, fine. We can use the comic relief.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

.. He beat several of the usual malcontents senseless with facts and reason...
    What??? By alluding to all his fears, repeatedly?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    We know you don't see reason, and we know you don't agree with scottt. So what's the point to this other than raising your hand for recognition when I mention malcontents?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I think scottt was stating not just HIS fears but the fears of many, especially those with inadequate police support and higher levels of crime. Without having others' experiences, I can't judge the rationality of their beliefs.

Last edited by Lloyd; September 27th, 2022 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks

So what's the point to this...
    Simply to point out that you are wrong. I've been plain about the purpose of my responses to you.

Thanks

I think scottt was stating not just HIS fears but the fears of many...
    I'll let others say that they agree with his fears before I project agreement upon them. I know that he is scared. I accept that, fully. I understand and empathize. But this does not mean that I accept this as adequate rationale for the presence of weapons in homes or 440 million of them in society.

Thanks

I am realizing that this is the Q thread, not the gun thread...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

I'd be lying if I said I knew what you're asking about (inconvenient points?). I'd also be lying if I said I cared.

Strange. It's right there in the earlier posts. Data that contradicts your narrative, for example; and questions of how you reconcile it. Identical trends noted by not-regulars here?

You seem awfully dense sometimes, but surely you're not so dense or biased that you can't read simple questions. Are you being deliberately obtuse perhaps? It's possible, I suppose. But that reinforces a question of why you seem unable to address these contradictions, to the point of outright dodging.
    I'll briefly play along... please post a recent contradiction from me.
    We are all non-regulars here. It's the island of the misfit toys.

Did I say you posted a recent contradiction? Aside from your incessant need to straw man, there's this fixation with me and you. I'm pointing out things on the forum to you, and asking questions about it because some things appear contradictory to your assertions.

I'll truncate for simplicity, but am happy to edit and include everything for those who want to make a context argument (see how I have to add all that now?). Here is one example:

Quote Originally Posted by dneal
    It's a theme here. The bullshit gets called out, and the demeanor changes and the name calling begins. Trolls and Trumpists everywhere.

Isn't is odd that scottt experienced something similar? He beat several of the usual malcontents senseless with facts and reason, and predictably he became everything from a troll to a RWW. I'm not a variable in that equation, so how did that happen? Maybe your calculus is wrong and it's not me... Hmmmm.

Don't you think it's curious that scottt and Seney have identified the same problem of leftist narratives here?
    You respond with:

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd
    Scottt hasn't acted the way you do, dneal. By and large, he's posted rationally, with composure, despite multiple challengers who, at times, didn't show as much reason. You aren't his peer in my eyes. Also, he's always treated others with respect.
    See, the question wasn't about how scottt or I behave. The question was that scottt and Seney both identified the same trend with regard to a handful of regular posters (your absurd denial that there are and aren't regular posters here notwithstanding). They parrot each other and liberal media. I'm not just being a smartass when I say I already know what they're going to say. It's literally the left headlines I scan in the morning. Politico, The Atlantic, The NYT, The WashPost, everything that Apple News carries. Then the links get posted here and the boneheads all nod sagely to each other and "hmmmm" approvingly. Point that out and the name calling begins.

scottt pointed it out in real time, with each response. If scottt behaved differently than I, but received the same treatment; do you find that contradictory to your assessment of root cause (among other things)? Again, "Isn't is odd that scottt experienced something similar?" Again, "Don't you think it's curious that scottt and Seney have identified the same problem of leftist narratives here?"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

“Zen teaches nothing; it merely enables us to wake up and become aware. It does not teach, it points.” - D.T. Suzuki

Thanks

So what's the point to this...
    Simply to point out that you are wrong. I've been plain about the purpose of my responses to you.
    Yeah, you and Chuck like to say that a lot. Neither of you seem to be able to demonstrate it though. It's a lot easier to shout "YOU DON'T VOTE" and "FUCK YOU, MR. FUCKETY McFUCKFACE!!!", I suppose. It certainly doesn't require any thought. But I digress. At least we both recognize you as a malcontent.

Thanks

I think scottt was stating not just HIS fears but the fears of many...
    I'll let others say that they agree with his fears before I project agreement upon them. I know that he is scared. I accept that, fully. I understand and empathize. But this does not mean that I accept this as adequate rationale for the presence of weapons in homes or 440 million of them in society.
    Really? You know it? Have you and scottt spent years discussing his fears? Wait, have you ever met scottt?

The ease with which you discern the thoughts, emotions and motives of everyone on the planet is simply amazing. You should write some political gossip columns with Maureen Dowd (another omniscient person, apparently) for Chuck's entertainment (and interest!).

Thanks

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” - Shunryu Suzuki

Thanks

EoC - You should keep quoting the pictures. The visual disruption is more effective.

Thanks

"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." - Thomas Merton

Thanks

I'm keeping this response to just a few things, dneal
    ➤ until Chip claimed scottt was a troll, I didn't find too excessive character assassinations occurring. I was less engaged with Senney, but I didn't see his posts as focused as scottt's.
    ➤ I don't see all those news sources as purely false liberal propaganda. I tend to believe most (non-editorial) articles from the NYT. If your mind is to the right, you'll quickly predetermine any contradictory story as liberal propaganda (and vice-versa for liberals).
    ➤ I don't use Apple anything.
    ➤ Do you think the claim that Trump is embracing Q is false? Or, do you think that Q isn't a worrisome conspiratorial group?

Thanks

I'm keeping this response to just a few things, dneal
    ➤ until Chip claimed scottt was a troll, I didn't find too excessive character assassinations occurring. I was less engaged with Senney, but I didn't see his posts as focused as scottt's.
    ➤ I don't see all those news sources as purely false liberal propaganda. I tend to believe most (non-editorial) articles from the NYT. If your mind is to the right, you'll quickly predetermine any contradictory story as liberal propaganda (and vice-versa for liberals).
    ➤ I don't use Apple anything.
    ➤ Do you think the claim that Trump is embracing Q is false? Or, do you think that Q isn't a worrisome conspiratorial group?

You still deflect and ignore my questions, and finish with a question. This seems oddly familiar…

Is there some reason you can't address the point? Honestly, you don't seem capable of grasping it.

Let's start simply then. Do you agree with scottt and Seney that there is a small vocal group that responds to challenges with vitriol and insult? The one I referenced scottt experiencing?

--edit--

Also familiar is Seney's characterization of said group. "Even in the presence of incontrovertible, evidence based data you persist with increasingly irrelevant questions / challenges OR just refuse to acknowledge the validity of my point and move on in some other direction." I wonder if I look back in this thread if I'll see evidence of this. The continually moving goal-posts.
    Last edited by dneal; September 27th, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks

I agree on regards to scottt. I think his posts are commendable even when I differ in opinion. I think it's mostly been Chip that defaulted to that behavior. However, I see you do it very frequently, too. Even here, you disapprove questions and then pose a series of questions. I think scottt's composure here makes me think he'd be a responsible gun owner. Your easy excitability and apparent need to dominate makes me fear your possession of firearms.

Thanks

Can you now answer my last bullet, please?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (September 27th, 2022)