Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My day the the MB boutique

Thanks

Default Re: My day the the MB boutique

Thank you Laura. I must go to my local boutique and check out the new rose gold range. Not having a lot of cash to spare at the moment, but maybe I'll pick up a bottle of that permanent grey.

Thanks

I've just ordered a 146 LeGrand in the rose gold. I've seen at them at the Kuala Lumpur MB Boutique and they are beautiful! Very excited.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orfew View Post
    Had a very pleasant time at the boutique. I was served water and 3 out of 4 people working knew my name and greeted me by name when I walked in...LOL

I went in to pick up my Heritage edition pen and the process could not have been better. Kind courteous treatment at every turn. 2 of the staff were very interested in a couple of vintage MBs I have recently acquired. Both are fountain pen users and the tried out the pens and made the appropriate noises.

So I sat down with a nice glass of water and a staff person explained all of the features of the heritage. Since I came to pick it up there was no danger of leaving without it, but I appreciated the gesture anyway. The pen is very interesting. It has a comforting weight to it and is exceptionally balanced. I liked the pictures showing its simplicity and quiet style but holding it is a different matter. The deep black barrel gleams and the clip is a great accent. The nib, I was told, is a brand new design. It has a very nice amount of spring without overly spreading the times. This gives the nib a very soft feel. I also noted that STOD was engrave on the nib. I also like the fact the nib is a white gold color instead of yellow which imho would clash horribly with the rest of the pen. The size of the pen is deceptive. When capped the nib has to be retracted so the pen is a nice compact size. When capped to pen is 4 3/4 inches. However, when uncapped and the nib extended the pen is 5 inches. I was not sure about the emblem on the cap when I saw the first pictures of this pen. However, in person, this emblem has a subtle sheen that complements the simple beauty of the rest of the pen. Overall, I am very happy with this pen.

If some one starts a cheesiest post thread, this one gets first place.....LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNGA GALUNGA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orfew View Post
    Had a very pleasant time at the boutique. I was served water and 3 out of 4 people working knew my name and greeted me by name when I walked in...LOL

I went in to pick up my Heritage edition pen and the process could not have been better. Kind courteous treatment at every turn. 2 of the staff were very interested in a couple of vintage MBs I have recently acquired. Both are fountain pen users and the tried out the pens and made the appropriate noises.

So I sat down with a nice glass of water and a staff person explained all of the features of the heritage. Since I came to pick it up there was no danger of leaving without it, but I appreciated the gesture anyway. The pen is very interesting. It has a comforting weight to it and is exceptionally balanced. I liked the pictures showing its simplicity and quiet style but holding it is a different matter. The deep black barrel gleams and the clip is a great accent. The nib, I was told, is a brand new design. It has a very nice amount of spring without overly spreading the times. This gives the nib a very soft feel. I also noted that STOD was engrave on the nib. I also like the fact the nib is a white gold color instead of yellow which imho would clash horribly with the rest of the pen. The size of the pen is deceptive. When capped the nib has to be retracted so the pen is a nice compact size. When capped to pen is 4 3/4 inches. However, when uncapped and the nib extended the pen is 5 inches. I was not sure about the emblem on the cap when I saw the first pictures of this pen. However, in person, this emblem has a subtle sheen that complements the simple beauty of the rest of the pen. Overall, I am very happy with this pen.
    Calling out someone's experience making a significant purchase as cheesy probably isn't the best way to introduce yourself, first impressions and all.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

cwent2 (May 24th, 2014), henkm (May 24th, 2014), Tony Rex (May 22nd, 2014), trhall (May 22nd, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNGA GALUNGA View Post

Welcome home. Sorry there are no stumps you could pull up and set a spell.

Thanks

This is a lovely pen that I almost purchased a few months back. The Montblanc Boutique staff were really friendly and professional and I think broke protocol allowing me to dip and try the pen. I like the springy feel to the nib but that converter mechanism seemed to be a worry for me. How do you find it ?
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

I personally do not have problems with the piston mechanism. In fact I like it. I like that you twist the knob to extend and retract the nib. I find it interesting. The best part is that they have combined the retraction feature with the piston filler. It really is an elegant solution. You pull on the piston knob and there is a click and then you use the piston as you would with any other piston filler. Then push the cap back after filling the pen. I like the whole process of filling the pen.

Thanks

I finally had the chance to handle this pen at my local MB boutique. It's lovely. It's very nicely weighted, a pleasant surprise.
    I did manage to find an excuse not to buy it - the tassie on top of the cap is not mother-of-pearl like I had hoped. I thought the nib is a bit small for my liking as well.

Thanks

Gorgeous pen. Does it take converters?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vokey View Post
    Gorgeous pen. Does it take converters?
    No, it will not take a converter. It is a piston filler.
    Last edited by orfew; July 19th, 2014 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Just a small word of caution here. I would watch out for the Heritage cap making scuff marks on the barrel. I have heard of it happening before. If you have one that marks it's barrel and it's within warranty I suggest that you might contact Montblanc and report the problem to them before it's out of warranty

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

orfew (July 20th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

The rose gold pens are for sale during 2014 in their 90th anniversary boxes, but the pens will be continued after this year in normal Montblanc boxes. That also means that the 149 rose gold in 2015 will be available in it's more usual large presentation box with a bottle of ink.

During 2014 the nibs are monotone with 90 on them, and after 2014 they will revert to 2 tone, but will be 2 tone rose gold and rhodium plated rose gold

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Tony Rex (July 19th, 2014), youstruckgold (July 20th, 2014)

Thanks

All of my visits at the Melbourne and Perth Mont Blanc boutiques have been extremelly pleasant and positive. I implore you to visit any Mont Blanc store if you happen to travel within the area. From personal experience, the customer service is of the highest standards.