Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye FPGeeks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Good Bye FPGeeks

I really liked this place over years, it was a good place to hang around with others enjoying our pen and ink hobby.

But unfortunately this place is terrorized by a gang of old prude mummies which more than one time freaked out because I post also harmless figure drawing art.

I see myself bullied and target of attacks from this small group of stubborn old fellows which think they own this board and suppress everything which is not conform to their middle aged prude sight of the world.
    They should join the fucking Taliban (if not already the case) they have a lot in common.

I especially faced myself from bullying, discrediting, and attacks on multiple levels including background pm terror from Chrissy.
    Don’t let you fool from her nice facade, behind the scenes this woman is mad like a rabid dog, bullying, discrediting, terrorize all inclusive.
    Reminds me on similar mod characters at FPN.

I don’t need this, I was here to have fun with the majority of cool people here, share my art and experiences.

So I’m done with FPGeeks.

The remaining good fellows I wish good luck with the geriatric gang of mummies which think they rule this place.

Maybe you have the patience until time will solve this problem finally, but I fear not.
    FPGeeks is already a dying place, this is visible since several years now.

In case you still want to follow my art you can find me on DeviantArt.

Good luck and good bye, I will miss some of my friends here ✌️

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

Cyril (October 24th, 2022), Lloyd (October 12th, 2022), titrisol (October 19th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default Re: Good Bye FPGeeks

I agree: this place is dying on its feet. It’s used mainly these days as a marketplace, in the absence of that facility on FPN

Many Members congregated here to escape from the control-freakism of FPN, or because they received some kind of ban from there; now it has ironically become more uptight and controlling than that place ever was. Long-standing, valuable members, who were here long before I joined, have told me they no longer participate here, or even visit, due to the cliques, the pile-ons, the backstabbing behind the scenes, the disingenuous professed innocence by manipulating people, the ridiculous policing by quasi moderators. They were sick of being treated like children, told about incorrect spelling, that their posts were in the “wrong sub forum”, and heaven forbid if they forgot to mark their For Sale posts as “ Sold”; to abide by imaginary rules only existing in the head of certain Members, otherwise, drum rollllllll, they’d go running to report them to the Oz-like Eric.

It’s a shame to see somewhere with a vault of such useful archived information become a sad little empire of the proverbial big fish in a tiny pond.

FPG can ill-afford to lose members who contribute regularly. It doesn’t matter if you agree with them all the time or not; whether you like all their contributions, or not. (For the record I really admire Ptero’s artistic skills, and those of his young son).

It has become dull as ditchwater here & will deteriorate further. However, there are plenty more lively pen places out there online to enjoy. I truly hope that FPG continues, not least because it keeps those petty, nasty members all together here and away from those alternatives.

Ah, that’s off my chest then. Off for some brekkie 😉😆

4. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 12th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Sorry to hear you leaving, Ptero. I was going through the 2019, Inktober thread. Everyone was so supportive, kind and generous.
    You got me into drawing my friend, I won't forget that.

I wish you all the luck.

It's sad to see decent people behaving indecently.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 12th, 2022), mizgeorge (October 24th, 2022)

Thanks

Sigh, this feels wrong. So many people (me included) enjoy your pieces in the guess the ink game.
    Omas lover, and have a few other pens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to notsim For This Useful Post:

titrisol (October 19th, 2022)

Thanks

Is there such a thing as a forum where everybody gets along fine? If so, I've never found one. It's because people are human, and anonymity can bring out the worst in some of them. A small percentage will be the major posters and cliques will form. Some will complain about policing and some will complain that there is not enough. Instead of just ignoring posts they don't like, some will feel compelled to put their two cents in. Feelings will get hurt and some will quit and leave a scathing goodbye. And so it goes.

Best of luck to the OP.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parsimonious For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 13th, 2022), dneal (October 12th, 2022), jar (October 13th, 2022), Jon Szanto (October 12th, 2022), TFarnon (October 14th, 2022)

Thanks

Good luck Ptreo, lovely art from both of you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

“We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” – Mahatma Gandhi

If we take the stance that we will make no effort to change things for the better until the other guy goes first, then we will always be reactive and not proactive, and nothing will change.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

Just noticed this, Ptero. I've kind of been ignoring most of the sub-forums here. I still like my fountain pens, and use them every day, but haven't found anything I really wanted to say about them recently. But as you know, I've been active in the Art and Calligraphy forum, and was wondering why we hadn't seen your Forget Me Not painting in the Inktober thread today; I'd seen it over on Deviant Art.

For what it's worth, I joined Deviant Art because of you. You'd posted a link to something there, and it turned out to have "mature" subject matter; I had to join and promise that I was at least 18 in order to view it, not really a big deal. I was a member there for about a year without posting anything, but eventually decided that it wouldn't hurt to put up a few of my drawings, and later, paintings. So I guess I'll see you and your work there.

I can't comment on what clashes you may have had with others here; I recall someone objecting to a couple of your drawings quite a while back, but hadn't noticed anything since; my focus here is pretty narrow, and of course I'm not privy to any behind the scenes messaging. It's a shame, though, that it's gotten to the point where you feel you need to leave.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (October 13th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

Goodbye, Ptero. I will miss you and your wonderful son's drawings here on fpg. I guess I'll have to visit over at Deviant art to see them. I remember seeing some of your son's first drawings and have been amazed by how far his talent has come since then.

Remember this, one of his first drawings you posted? https://www.flickr.com/photos/117783...7/26285286901/

One of the last drawings I remembered was of the mountainside you and your son drew during your vacation. I had a hard time telling apart who draw each scene. He has come a long way!

Take care and stay Safe!
    All the Best.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 12th, 2022), Yazeh (October 13th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,654 Times in 1,132 Posts

Sorry to see you go, Ptero. I will miss your inspiration and encouragement in the Inktober threads. Just signed up to Deviant Art to follow you and your son's drawings.

Thanks

I will miss your art. All of it. I thought your nudes were wonderful and tasteful. Similar to many other well known artists who can take the human figure and communicate real emotion. You are a rare talent and hope you find the right kind of community for you and other free thinkers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to phhphd For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 13th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 396 Posts

It is surprising how many of these long goodbys turn out to be less than permanent.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Z For This Useful Post:

aurore (October 23rd, 2022), bunnspecial (October 14th, 2022), Deb (October 14th, 2022), dneal (October 14th, 2022), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (October 15th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (October 14th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Deb (October 15th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    In case you still want to follow my art you can find me on DeviantArt.
    All I could find for user Pterodactylus was an empty page. Do you have a link? Any site called DeviantArt must be good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Here's a link: https://www.deviantart.com/ptero-pterodactylus

You're welcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    It is surprising how many of these long goodbys turn out to be less than permanent.
    But not surprising how many feel the need to make them in the first place……….

27. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 17th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

We haven't had that many experiences of them on here. The last one that was called Goodbye was in 2014 when someone wished to find out how to deactivate their account
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    We haven't had that many experiences of them on here. The last one that was called Goodbye was in 2014 when someone wished to find out how to deactivate their account
    Well, we do have the one infamous member who is perpetually leaving.......
    But he never gets further than a few hours "away" before he is back.
    What might be good is a "Goodbye Button" which, one pushed, makes one's decision to leave "binding."

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    What might be good is a "Goodbye Button" which, one pushed, makes one's decision to leave "binding."
    LOL. One which asks "are you sure? - When pressed this deactivates your account permanently"
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

724Seney (October 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    LOL. One which asks "are you sure? - When pressed this deactivates your account permanently"