Thread: Ferris Wheel Press Inks - a Canadian Company Making beautiful Ink

Thanks

Default Ferris Wheel Press Inks - a Canadian Company Making beautiful Ink

I have 4 colours and growing and love their Ink I did not see their inks represented but wanted to share.
    These inks are fast drying and reasonably smear proof once dry.
    they are packaged like nothing I have ever seen before beautiful presentation and flawless performance.

My 2 cents worth

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmccullo For This Useful Post:

damfino (October 26th, 2022), migo984 (October 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Ferris Wheel Press Inks - a Canadian Company Making beautiful Ink

a beautiful Orange ink with the exact tone I wanted for my Kaweco Student 70's pen
    https://fwpretailerportal.ca/collect...pkin-patch-ink

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

This forum is only for reviews of inks and unfortunately no-one has reviewed any FWP inks in here yet.
    Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 07.34.27.png

You could be the first by reviewing those that you have.

I didn't know they were made in Canada although I have heard quite a bit about them during my regular monthly Zoom FP club meetings.

You might find some other information on Ferris Wheel Press inks in the General Inky Goodness forum
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 26th, 2022 at 04:04 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmccullo View Post
    I have 4 colours and growing and love their Ink I did not see their inks represented but wanted to share.
    These inks are fast drying and reasonably smear proof once dry.
    they are packaged like nothing I have ever seen before beautiful presentation and flawless performance.

My 2 cents worth
    Welcome to the Inky part of FPG Thanks for posting your thoughts on FWP inks: it’s good to hear from a new contributor. You’ve probably noticed that generally this forum doesn’t tend to pick up on newer, more exciting brands of inks. FWP inks are growing in popularity; the fountain pen sub Reddit is really keen on them; it’s a much younger and more adventurous membership there

FWP has quite a few different themes going now, haven’t they, and they are becoming more widely available world-wide. I agree, the range includes some lovely colours and the packaging is very ‘fancy’. I have some issues with the stability of their bottles but they certainly look pretty!

Interestingly I understand their inks are designed to be specifically multi-purpose - for art and writing- and some of their pastel colours are a bit pale for me. But I love their mossy greens and smokey blues.

I have 3 or 4 FWP inks myself; my favourites are Peter Moss & Storied Blue.

Anyway, keep posting your thoughts on inks; I for one am interested in new inks & new perspectives 🙂

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

dmccullo (October 26th, 2022), sospiro (October 26th, 2022), Yazeh (October 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    ...FWP inks are growing in popularity; the fountain pen sub Reddit is really keen on them; it’s a much younger and more adventurous membership there
    I can't keep up with all the new releases from both pen and ink makers (especially the inks). And with a natural inclination to keep my wallet closed, many releases pass me by. And, yeah, I'm over 60 years old, so there's that too....

But gosh, some of these inks, especially as washes or otherwise used in drawings, seem just gorgeous.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    ...FWP inks are growing in popularity; the fountain pen sub Reddit is really keen on them; it’s a much younger and more adventurous membership there
    I can't keep up with all the new releases from both pen and ink makers (especially the inks). And with a natural inclination to keep my wallet closed, many releases pass me by. And, yeah, I'm over 60 years old, so there's that too....

But gosh, some of these inks, especially as washes or otherwise used in drawings, seem just gorgeous.
    Same age group as me, but I don’t think age should be a barrier to ‘inkquisitiveness’ 👵🏻😉

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

dmccullo (October 26th, 2022), Yazeh (October 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

I currently also have a natural inclination to keep my wallet closed to new inks as well as new pens. In fact I need to start letting some of mine go. I think all ink colours will probably come around multiple times even if they do so under different brand names.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 698 Posts

I purchased three of FWP's inks when they first came out. I was unimpressed and found the ink very dry and colors not terribly interesting.

But, I recently received several samples of their new inks and will be trying them out again. I have a habit of buying bottles when I am fairly certain I know I will like the ink (i.e. Sailor, Pilot Iro. etc), but with newer ink manufacturers, I purchase samples first.

Thanks

Thanks migo984, I also Love Jelly Bean blue lol it is so cool to have found this group of Fountain pen freaks hehe
    My favourite of all their colours though has to be Tokyo Bay Blue LOL it is a gorgeous teal blue which I never find dull LOL
    I cannot believe such a place exists these days LOL.
    Last edited by dmccullo; October 26th, 2022 at 08:04 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dmccullo For This Useful Post:

migo984 (October 27th, 2022)

Thanks

review of Tokyo Bay Blue
    IMG_3309.jpg

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmccullo For This Useful Post:

junglejim (October 27th, 2022), migo984 (October 27th, 2022), TSherbs (October 27th, 2022), Yazeh (October 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

@dmccullo Is that a fine nib on that 580?

Thanks

Yes the pen is a TWSBI 580 with a fine nib.. A lovely pen!