Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump 2024 thread...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,325 Posts

Default Re: The Trump 2024 thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Honestly, @dneal, neither would be my source for information. I know nothing of Jack Smith. Since it was Trump’s attorneys that provided the most damning information, Mr Smith didn’t need much prosecutorial experience to see that the man needed to be brought to trial.

If we were talking about a mountain climber who didn’t pay any attention to the elevation when considering the need for O2, you might think they were acting foolishly. This is how I see Trump. He’s the person hiking the AT who calls 911.
    Trump never took the job seriously. He didn’t value alliances or seek to make them. I can imagine no situation where he would be someone who I would be able to depend. Since you are a person with military experience, what do you find engaging about him?
    Chuck, my criticisms of TSherbs apply to you with these posts. I simply provided a source for information. Two lawyers discussing their opinions of the legal details of the case, in layman's terms; for the viewer.

This was a very recent post of yours:

Not at all. You've shown yourself to make statements, not rooted in anything but opinion, as factually true.
    Aren't you doing the same thing? When your TDS flares up, you refuse to consider (to the point of willfully ignoring) anything that does not align with your predetermined conclusions.

Consider "Trump never took the job seriously". What evidence do you have for that? Did TSherbs loan you some of his mind-reading ability? You present your speculation as fact.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

@dneal. I am trying to imagine the possibilities that Trump has been maligned and is a political victim. I admit having a limited imagination.

Like you, I read and listen to legal opinions regarding this case. I noted that two of his attorneys quit. One said he was a difficult client. I have yet to read an attorney and this includes Bill Barr who thinks this is a frivolous indictment.

That he didn't take the job seriously isn't my original thought, but when I consider his words and actions such as not reading his daily security briefings or taking care of classified information, I am prone to coming to conclusions. For example, if I were a manager and had someone like Trump who acted as he did, I might not be a mind reader, but I would for damn sure fire his butt over his actions.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Trumpers won't accept the truth:

Gifted WaPo article: https://wapo.st/45WVYP8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Trumpers won't accept the truth:

Gifted WaPo article: https://wapo.st/45WVYP8
    Nor will the Woke.

You could write the exact same article with just one word substituted in the title.
    "The impossible challenge of telling BIDEN fans the truth"

Thanks

When you objectively consider Clinton, Biden, and Trump, there are glaring differences in their behavior. Trump is out in the open. He is the speeder who gives the highway patrol the bird. While I am not a mind reader, he seems to think he is above the law or he's just plain dumb.

Since he wanted to "lock her up", he is not wanting the same for himself. She was a sitting Secretary of State using her personal server to handle classified documents, a dumb thing. She was not hiding and trying to hold on to the documents when out of office.

Pence and Biden turned over the classified documents and so they are not being indicted.

If Biden is wrong, he should be brought to justice, but there is not a false equivalency argument to be made.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

There are indeed glaring differences, although your TDS prevents you from seeing them.

Let's just start with Hillary. Never President, so she never had final classification authority nor the protections of Article II. She kept a personal server with classified information. When caught, she obstructed via "bleach-bit" software; destroying evidence. Multiple devices were beaten with a hammer, to further obstruct and conceal evidence of a crime.

Biden? Classified docs from his time as a Senator and VP, neither of which have the same authorities or constitutional protections as a President.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (June 13th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Trump arrived at the courthouse, amid a mob of journalists and opposing protests separated by barriers. Honest George Santos made an appearance, as did Marjorie Taylor Greene, whose megaphone malfunctioned.

No patriotic attack by the Trumpwaffen, Loud Boys, or Oaf Creepers.

He pled not guilty. Another lie.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...al-indictment/

Thanks

Santos and Greene. Perfect bedfellows: craven desperation for the spotlight and a bit of shine from the Orange One.

Thanks

Scary Lake showed up, too.

Meanwhile, Kevin McCarthy contributed this bit of wisdom:

“I don’t know,” Mr. McCarthy told reporters Monday when asked whether it was a “good look” for Mr. Trump to have kept sensitive documents stored in his bathroom. “Is it a good picture to have boxes in a garage that opens up all the time? A bathroom door locks.”

(Most bathrooms lock from the inside, not exactly the industry standard for securing items of value.)

Thanks

Lake?? HA!!!!

Thanks

Kari Lake Gets Math Lesson After Claiming 90% Of Americans Support Trump

The ex-newscaster and failed Arizona gubernatorial candidate predicted to Steve Bannon that 300 million people would rise up to protest Trump's indictment.

David Moye
    Jun 12, 2023

Arizona voters didn’t want Republican Kari Lake to be their governor, and they probably wouldn’t want her teaching math either after the farfetched claim she made Monday.

The former newscaster turned Donald Trump toadie appeared on Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast to discuss Tuesday’s arraignment of the former president in Miami.

This past weekend, Lake attempted to gin up support for Trump by saying that if prosecutors “want to get to President Trump,” they’re ”going to have to go through me and 75 million Americans just like me. And most of us are card-carrying members of the NRA.”

On Monday, she put the “high” in “hyperbole” by claiming that 90% of the U.S. population would be getting their collective panties in a bunch over Trump getting indicted for taking top secret documents to Mar-a-Lago when he left the White House.

“If they think they are going to hurt, lay a finger on our president ― President Trump ― they’re going to have to come through me,” Lake told Bannon. “And I made a mistake, I said 75 million others just like me. I think it’s more like 300 million others just like me.”

Even conservative-leaning outlets like Newsweek noted that Lake’s assertion was “absurd,” considering that the U.S. population is about 334 million, meaning that nearly 9 in 10 Americans would be protesting Trump’s arrest, including many of the 81 million people who voted for Joe Biden in 2020.

Since it’s pretty much impossible to get 90% of Americans to agree on anything, much less Trump, it’s a fair chance that Lake is either just spreading B.S. or is really bad at math.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kari-...b06725aee1abdb

Thanks

Lake is another media-hungry loon.

Thanks

One conclusion from the lack of a battle at the two Trump indictments (so far) is that his shock troops don't trust him anymore.

Instead of leading his enraged mob into the Capitol, he scuttled back to the White House and watched it on TV.

Besides mouthing off and singing along with the jailhouse choir, he hasn't done squat to get them sprung.

Despite raising heaps of money after the event, using it as an excuse, he hasn't given a penny to those charged, convicted, and imprisoned for answering his call.

He played them. They might be crazy, but not all of them are stupid.

Thanks

If you're at Mar-A-Lago and see this on a door. . .

Don't go in.

Thanks

Do some of you just scour the internet for pictures? What a waste of time.

Thanks

Trump offers ‘food for everyone’ at restaurant – then leaves without paying

The ex-president swept into the Cuban restaurant Versailles after his arraignment this week but left without picking up anyone’s tab

Guardian staff

15 Jun 2023

Donald Trump headed to Miami’s famous Cuban restaurant Versailles after his arraignment at the city’s federal courthouse on Tuesday and is said to have declared to a crowd of admirers “Food for everyone!” after walking inside. It was a promise, though, that the former US president did not keep, according to the Miami New Times, despite supporters also wishing him a happy birthday, one day early.

Former MMA fighter Jorge Masvidal hailed Trump as “everybody’s favorite president of all time” and a “glad-handing Trump was heard to declare, ‘Food for everyone’”, the paper reported.

The paper went on: “So, New Times wondered, did Trump – who famously fancies his chicken from KFC and his steaks well-done and slathered with ketchup but isn’t exactly known for picking up the check – treat his fan club to a spread of croquetas, pastelitos, and cubanos chased with cafecitos?”

And then it further reported: “It turns out no one got anything. Not even a cafecito to-go.”

Trump’s entourage had arrived at the restaurant, which he stayed at for about 10 minutes, after he had pleaded not guilty to all counts related to his alleged mishandling of classified documents. The former president was charged with 37 federal counts, including 31 violations of the Espionage Act.

Trump has previously hit the headlines for his hospitality around food after hosting Clemson University’s football team at the White House in 2019 , during a government shutdown, when the menu was “McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King with some pizza”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks

If Trump gets re-elected, don’t forget the Dems and never-Trumpers played a big role.

They should have just stuck with their ‘ignore’ strategy. Anyone paying attention would have known they wouldn’t be able to because of their TDS and the profits from feeding those infected with it a steady stream of ‘Orange Man Bad’; like the juvenile “HE DIDN'T PAY FOR LUNCH!!!” above.

Petty minds fixate on petty things.

Well done.

IMG_0360.jpeg
    Last edited by dneal; June 18th, 2023 at 05:00 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (June 18th, 2023)

Thanks

I have to agree @dneal. Too much attention is given to DT. Been there, done that. Lets move on. I sure wish John Kasich was around. He checks most of my boxes as did John McCain.

Thanks

I liked Kasich, but he turned into another Tim Ryan. A suit as empty as the promises. McCain was just another politician, and a flag-officer’s son that was used to special treatment. The military is as bad as politics for dynastic tendencies.

Thanks

Harvard/Harris national polling for June

https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-con...KeyResults.pdf

IMG_0103.jpeg