Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,361 to 1,376 of 1376

Thread: The Trump 2024 thread...

Thanks

Default Re: The Trump 2024 thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post

1. Secret Service isnít just there to prevent drowning. They are there cause you never know when some nutcase is going to try to kill the President.

2. Secret Service has to be there 24/7. If Secret Service = federal employee and federal employee present = not private moment, that must mean the President canít have a private moment.

3. I think the definition of privacy changes when your job requires you be guarded 24/7.
    Deliberately or otherwise, your post is confused, starting with your reply not matching with my post you quoted.

You argue that the President is in the immediate presence of the Secret Service at all times. What is the factual basis for that assumption? Do you mean during bowel movements? Intimate moments with a spouse? All meetings with foreign leaders, the NSA, family members, telephone calls, etc? I never argued that the Secret Service exists as federal lifeguards. But swimming poses the danger of drowning and dying alone, unlike the activities I listed above.

Swimming nude in front of offended/trapped federal employees is wrong, as you agreed: "Female Secret Service Agents shouldn't be used in that situation. " Post 1333.

Allowing them to opt out or, simply, wearing a swim suit takes care of the problem. And wouldn't make you twist yourself in knots trying to defend his behavior.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,387 Posts

Warbler confuses "guarding" with "presence".

Secret Service doesn't need to be present in a bathroom. Secret Service doesn't need to be present in the bowling alley in the basement of the White House.

Secret Service probably does need to be present out of doors, like a swimming pool.

The question arises whether Warbler is being obtuse out of willfulness or ignorance.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post

1. Secret Service isnít just there to prevent drowning. They are there cause you never know when some nutcase is going to try to kill the President.

2. Secret Service has to be there 24/7. If Secret Service = federal employee and federal employee present = not private moment, that must mean the President canít have a private moment.

3. I think the definition of privacy changes when your job requires you be guarded 24/7.
    Deliberately or otherwise, your post is confused, starting with your reply not matching with my post you quoted.

You argue that the President is in the immediate presence of the Secret Service at all times. What is the factual basis for that assumption? Do you mean during bowel movements? Intimate moments with a spouse? All meetings with foreign leaders, the NSA, family members, telephone calls, etc? I never argued that the Secret Service exists as federal lifeguards. But swimming poses the danger of drowning and dying alone, unlike the activities I listed above.

Swimming nude in front of offended/trapped federal employees is wrong, as you agreed: "Female Secret Service Agents shouldn't be used in that situation. " Post 1333.

Allowing them to opt out or, simply, wearing a swim suit takes care of the problem. And wouldn't make you twist yourself in knots trying to defend his behavior.

Okay, the secret service isnít always in the immediate presence of the President, but they are always close by. They have to be because otherwise the President would be in danger of an attack. Weíve already lost 4 Presidents to assassins, we donít need to lose another. I do agree he should either wear a swimsuit or female agents should not be used.

Thanks

Notice that Kazoolaw and dneal use ďconfuseĒ. Anyone that doesnít agree with them is ďconfused ď.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Reminds me of, ďĎmany parts are edible ď.
    Notice that Kazoolaw and dneal use ďconfuseĒ. Anyone that doesnít agree with them is ďconfused ď.
    Those who canít identify confusion are doomed to repeat it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (June 16th, 2024)

Thanks

I saw in the paper that Trump is talking about pardoning the Jan 6 rioters. One a-hole pardoning other a-holes. I guess we need to pass an amendment to the Constitution taking away the Presidentís pardoning powers. The founders never though Americans would elect idiots to the Presidency who would abuse the pardoning powers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,387 Posts

At least Warbler quit pretending he doesnít have TDS.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (June 16th, 2024)

Thanks

... I guess we need to pass an amendment to the Constitution taking away the Presidentís pardoning powers. The founders never thought Americans would elect idiots to the Presidency who would abuse the pardoning powers.
    Founders anticipated some would want to amend the Constitution based on feelz. Thankfully itís not that easy.

Thanks

Connecticut Lawyers: consider yourself warned

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/thin...ction-partisan

Thanks

Connecticut Lawyers: consider yourself warned

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/thin...ction-partisan

Yeah, while I don't know what the rules are regarding what the bar can and can't tell its members to do or say, but this seems like it would be be a violation of the 1st amendment.

Thanks

... I guess we need to pass an amendment to the Constitution taking away the Presidentís pardoning powers. The founders never thought Americans would elect idiots to the Presidency who would abuse the pardoning powers.
    Founders anticipated some would want to amend the Constitution based on feelz. Thankfully itís not that easy.

the reasons I want to amend the Constitution aren't based on "feelz", they are based on the fact that Trump wants to abuse the pardoning powers to pardon those that rioted at the Capital. Shameful.

Thanks

Stop being responsible and objective or you will be banned!! 🫢😂

Thanks

Yeah maybe I should either totally side with right or totally side with the left. No middle ground in today's world.

Thanks

Stop being responsible and objective or you will be banned!! 🫢😂
    No danger of that happening to you, CN.
    And who's going to do the banning? You?

Thanks

Yeah maybe I should either totally side with right or totally side with the left. No middle ground in today's world.
    Well, that would eliminate the need to think and be responsible for your decisions.

Thanks

true.