Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Re: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

Sorry, but:

Quote Originally Posted by A wise and prescient poster View Post
    Be aware that well-practiced manipulation techniques were just applied...again. I suggest not being taken in or feeling sorry.

This very same pattern has been exhibited over the years that have sought to shift responsibility, blame and even guilt for misbehavior onto other members as part of some kind of emotional neediness. Then there are these publicly declared departures to elicit sympathy - only to drift back into the forum again for a honeymoon period until the misbehavior begins anew. A search on member ID and the word "goodbye" will show just a sliver of the history and the grudges.

Like a close call with a con artist, learn the lesson what to watch out for and ignore, then move on to enjoy this community with the majority of its members and our pens!
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

His motive is transparent - shit-stirring.

Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds
    The words of an inherently dishonest person are rarely of any value. So, whatever

Thanks

If you find yerself in a hole, best to stop diggin’.

Thanks

True, but I am not in a hole here. You are.

Thanks

If you say so. I’m gonna eat a turkey sammich.

Thanks

I do, and I think people need to seriously consider what your motivation is for starting this thread in the main part of the forum. It's certainly not as a positive contribution that's for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

I've reported the thread, whatever good that might do. I don't know what this is about, nor do I care. It's not the right forum, clearly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    I've reported the thread, whatever good that might do. I don't know what this is about, nor do I care. It's not the right forum, clearly.
    I thought I laid out the problem in the OP, but why are you posting if you don’t care?

Anyway, I thought this was the section for pointing out spammers and scammers, and other nonsense.

It did get the narwhal review thread cleaned up though, which was the point.

-edit-

Maybe you missed this part, right under the warning in big red letters.

Since it's polluting other threads, maybe those interested can address the mimophant in the room and keep it consolidated here; where people can engage or ignore as they prefer.
    You don’t have to engage.
    Last edited by dneal; November 25th, 2022 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks

It is, but I am neither a spammer nor a scammer. So your motive in trying to cast me as such should be of great concern to all members of this forum, as it is clearly deriving from some deep seated malice and desire to cause trouble.

Thanks

Maybe, but you might be “other nonsense”.

Thanks

Perhaps a disinterested party with some oversight might make a decision. It would be appreciated by several persons here if you kept this brawl in the politics thread of the back pages of the site. You might simply move this discussion there now.

Thanks

I’m not the one who moved it out of there. It’s all in the OP.

Disinterested parties probably noted the warning and the first paragraph, and moved on to pens and other topics.

Thanks

Well, which of you is going to be the first to stop posting here? Both of you seem to be blaming the other 100%, and both positions are very unlikely to be accurate.

I don't care at all about your squabble and am not reading the replies you make to each other. They are beneath both of you, honestly. But in the absence of any moderation, I thought that I would stick up for the rule of practice around here that others before me (which means before you) put in place.

Thanks

You seem awfully attracted to the drama. How about you go first with the “stop posting here” thing. Set the example instead of lecturing, and all that.

I’m gonna go eat another turkey sammich and pass out from the tryptophan overdose.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Of concern today should be the status of pie. Turky sure but was there enough pie?

And is it really a pie at all?

We think of pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato, and apple “pies” at this time of year. From early on I was taught that a proper pie has two crusts and tarts have a single crust ( often thicker and not a flake crust but a crumb crust). I suppose exception can be made for custard and cream pies once a year.

The in-laws excused me from pie detail this season and opted for a Costco pumpkin and an apple with spray foam cream from a can. I suspect it is because if I make the dessert I am not afraid to use good fat and lots of it in the crust and we all know a Costco pie is like health food…

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 26th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (November 26th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

When making shortcrust pastry we are always taught the rule of rubbing in half fat to flour, so any amount of pastry can be made and decisions regarding whether you want tops and bottoms for pies or just bottoms for tarts can come later.

Sorry but spray foam cream in a can has never made it into my fridge.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 26th, 2022), Scrawler (November 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Re: pies…. I couldn’t agree more, and here is a portion of a text exchange with a friend.

PieText.png

As for the crust issue, some nice ladies in Davis, OK have solved it, I think. Inside an old Sinclair station off of I-35 they roll out 6” crusts, add a dollop of most any filling you could want, fold it over and deep fry it.

Crust on both sides, plenty of fat, and very handy.

If you ever get down that way, you’ll know it’s the right place because the dinosaur on the roof has a rooster companion. If I remember correctly, the dinosaur has been painted purple.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (November 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    It's here because at heart dneal wants to stir things up. You know, the whole trollz for lulz thing that he admitted was one of the reasons for posting on the forum. Right now he is accusing me of being various spammers. I have no connection with the names he mentions, but dneal is happy to keep pushing lies. It's what I would expect from an inherently dishonest person, so there is really no surprise there.

Edit to add: I suspect he is now dragging this into the main part of the forum because he just doesn't get the support for his lies in the politics subforum and is looking for allies here. What is he really achieving by doing this though? That is a question that requires some considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    It is also extremely funny that you believe you know my motives and intentions. You don't. Neither does the other guy, but those are the kinds of delusion harboured by arrogant people.

Well, here we have on display-once again-self-admitted arrogance from the relentless hypocrite.

Now, let's see if this gets ignored-again-like the last time I quoted this particular post and asked why he thought he could assume my motives when he went on a multi-day meltdown attempting to smear me.

Thanks

FaceBook must be spying on me again, because they offered this today.

IMG_0194.jpeg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    And is it really a pie at all?

We think of pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato, and apple “pies” at this time of year. From early on I was taught that a proper pie has two crusts and tarts have a single crust ( often thicker and not a flake crust but a crumb crust). I suppose exception can be made for custard and cream pies once a year.
    Post Thanksgiving question: cherry dessert with a crust bottom and a lattice top. Pie or tart?