Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Default Re: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

“Virtue has its reward, evil its retribution“ I wonder if that applies to forum rule breaking?

There are only two main Forum Rules as originally written by Dan and linked at the bottom of every forum thread page under Forum Rules

Forum Rules.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; December 2nd, 2022 at 12:02 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

724Seney (December 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    “Virtue has its reward, evil its retribution“ I wonder if that applies to forum rule breaking?

There are only two main Forum Rules as originally written by Dan and linked at the bottom of every forum thread page under Forum Rules

Forum Rules.jpg
    One can only hope............
    Last edited by 724Seney; December 2nd, 2022 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

There are a few points that need to be made here.

• In the 8 years I've been a member I have had nothing to do with spammer/scammers, other than reporting them when I could be bothered to do so. Anyone who has been here long enough knows this to be true.
    • I have a single account under the name on this post (it used to be something else until I asked Eric to change it). You (and you know who I am talking about) are conflating spammer accounts and new member accounts with me. In other words you are happy to ignore the truth in favour of a narrative that is born out of nothing but a desire to pin anything on me. While I don't give a shit about the scammers, it is unfair on those newer members, but I guess if being mean spirited toward them is how you want to portray yourselves... go for it.
    • I have a single account on FPN - well, technically I have two but one is locked. I have a single account on Reddit and on NewPenTrace too.
    • It's hard enough to post interesting or creative stuff on a single account, I don't have the time nor inclination to create multiples. I don't need them. I have always been transparent in this respect. Other members' ghost-hunting is kind of laughable but also a character flaw that they would do well to address.
    • In the last 6 months, with the single exception of having to deal with a hostile buyer, I've been nothing but a pleasant member on the main parts of this website.
    • This thread was created by a member who has allowed his paranoia to override his reason. It has been placed here to foment unpleasantness and nothing more. And the usual suspects rise to this because they don't appreciate what has really happened over the last 6 months.
    • The Politics subforum is a gloves-off arena where rules of engagement are whatever the participants can put up with. The member who started this thread, and two others in that arena, have been responsible for killing almost all civil conversation over there. So much so that the rest of the regular contributors have kind of given up on the place.

I don't want this forum to be poisoned by those in the subforum simply because I don't play there much and they are losing their targets for their nastiness.

The member who started this thread recently posted in the subforum the following snippet:

In an effort to make this place a little better...
    As most of the regulars in that subforum know, this is such a whopper coming from a member who has publicly admitted to stirring the pot for a laugh (trollz for lulz, as it were).

ps. To the other member who follows the OP like a puppy-dog, an ellipsis only has 3 dots. More dots don't add any extra meaning.

pps. My use of language, English plus any of the other languages that I speak with varying degrees of fluency, are part of my creative expression, which is a large part of my authentic self. If people find creativity challenging to their thinking processes they would likely be better off not engaging to start with instead of trying (as is their wont) to stifle it. Acceptability of the differences in how people are and how they express themselves is a two-way street.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 2nd, 2022 at 04:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

I’m out of turkey, so I guess I’m going to have to go make some popcorn.

-- edit --

A good reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by A wise and prescient poster View Post
    Be aware that well-practiced manipulation techniques were just applied...again. I suggest not being taken in or feeling sorry.

This very same pattern has been exhibited over the years that have sought to shift responsibility, blame and even guilt for misbehavior onto other members as part of some kind of emotional neediness. Then there are these publicly declared departures to elicit sympathy - only to drift back into the forum again for a honeymoon period until the misbehavior begins anew. A search on member ID and the word "goodbye" will show just a sliver of the history and the grudges.

Like a close call with a con artist, learn the lesson what to watch out for and ignore, then move on to enjoy this community with the majority of its members and our pens!
    Last edited by dneal; December 2nd, 2022 at 05:24 AM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    [*]In the last 6 months, with the single exception of having to deal with a hostile buyer, I've been nothing but a pleasant member on the main parts of this website.
    Sure, if that's how you want to phrase it...

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered this
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post

It is also extremely funny that you believe you know my motives and intentions. You don't. Neither does the other guy, but those are the kinds of delusion harboured by arrogant people.

Well, here we have on display-once again-self-admitted arrogance from the relentless hypocrite.

Now, let's see if this gets ignored-again-like the last time I quoted this particular post and asked why he thought he could assume my motives when he went on a multi-day meltdown attempting to smear me.

Thanks

[QUOTE=dneal;383252]A good reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by A wise and prescient poster View Post
    Be aware that well-practiced manipulation techniques were just applied...again. I suggest not being taken in or feeling sorry.

This very same pattern has been exhibited over the years that have sought to shift responsibility, blame and even guilt for misbehavior onto other members as part of some kind of emotional neediness. Then there are these publicly declared departures to elicit sympathy - only to drift back into the forum again for a honeymoon period until the misbehavior begins anew. A search on member ID and the word "goodbye" will show just a sliver of the history and the grudges.

Like a close call with a con artist, learn the lesson what to watch out for and ignore, then move on to enjoy this community with the majority of its members and our pens!
    Yep, this "checks" all the boxes:

Embattled, perpetual victim - CHECK
    Nonsensical story with professed innocence - CHECK
    Shifting blame - CHECK
    Shifting, dodging, deflecting - CHECK
    Posts Deleted - CHECK
    Name calling - CHECK

This sure seems to be him and not the hacker he has been telling us took over his account.

Thanks

Perhaps I need to change and to start believing in coincidences?

Thanks

Sure, if that's how you want to phrase it...
    It is how I am phrasing it, and it is quite interesting that although I never named the hostile buyer you immediately assumed I was talking about you. Well, if the cap fits I guess you should wear it.

@Chrissy

Perhaps you could expand on this because I have literally no idea what you are referring to. Scammers and new members are a common occurrence. As I noted, I have only this one account. Whether people believe this or not doesn't concern me in itself, but I do get concerned when it may negatively impact on new(er) members.

Thanks

It is how I am phrasing it, and it is quite interesting that although I never named the hostile buyer you immediately assumed I was talking about you. Well, if the cap fits I guess you should wear it.

@Chrissy

Perhaps you could expand on this because I have literally no idea what you are referring to. Scammers and new members are a common occurrence. As I noted, I have only this one account. Whether people believe this or not doesn't concern me in itself, but I do get concerned when it may negatively impact on new(er) members.
    Still won’t answer the question I asked you related to your multi-day character assault on me even though I’ve asked multiple times

Thanks

Don't bother asking again, it is not worth my time to discuss any of this with a person who lacks capacity for honest reflection.

Thanks

Don't bother asking again, it is not worth my time to discuss any of this with a person who lacks capacity for honest reflection.
    Sorry for pointing out your arrogant hypocrisy.

They still doesn’t, again, explain your multi-day assault on me where you assumed to know my motives, yet also have repeatedly called out others for assuming yours.

The one seemingly incapable of self reflection is you, but I can only guess that in your own arrogance(your own description of the behavior you displayed towards me) and seemingly ever present desire to claim to be the victim in any interaction.

Thanks

They still doesn’t, again, explain your multi-day assault on me where you assumed to know my motives, yet also have repeatedly called out others for assuming yours.

The one seemingly incapable of self reflection is you, but I can only guess that in your own arrogance(your own description of the behavior you displayed towards me) and seemingly ever present desire to claim to be the victim in any interaction.
    More self-serving and dishonest dribble. Not doing yourself any favours.

Edit to add: You know what you did. That you will not own it demonstrates clearly a lack of honesty and integrity. Until you find those two qualities and admit why you deliberately tried to sabotage my sales thread, you will not get any satisfaction from me. You are not without responsibility for what happened, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. As far as I am concerned, for now at least, your action puts you beneath contempt.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 2nd, 2022 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

I know that I made a good faith attempt to make a purchase and was rebuffed after expending considerable energy on my part to execute. Yes, I publicly stated that the deal had gone sour.

There you go again, in your own-admittedly arrogance claiming that my motive was to sabotage the sale. I will also note that at one point while arrogant accusations against my various assumed(but not remotely correct) intentions the same lot was on offer to everyone for better terms than my last private offer.

So, again, arrogant hypocrite assuming my motives.

Thanks

More self-serving and dishonest dribble. Not doing yourself any favours.

Edit to add: You know what you did. That you will not own it demonstrates clearly a lack of honesty and integrity. Until you find those two qualities and admit why you deliberately tried to sabotage my sales thread, you will not get any satisfaction from me. You are not without responsibility for what happened, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. As far as I am concerned, for now at least, your action puts you beneath contempt.
    Quoting the post I’m replying to for preservation

Thanks

I know that I made a good faith attempt to make a purchase and was rebuffed after expending considerable energy on my part to execute. Yes, I publicly stated that the deal had gone sour.

There you go again, in your own-admittedly arrogance claiming that my motive was to sabotage the sale. I will also note that at one point while arrogant accusations against my various assumed(but not remotely correct) intentions the same lot was on offer to everyone for better terms than my last private offer.

So, again, arrogant hypocrite assuming my motives.

See bolded part. That is NOT what you stated in the sales thread. You stated that potential buyers should not be surprised if I didn't honour a deal. That is a different kind of statement, one that is intended to be a warning to others to steer clear. That is sabotage clear and simple. You are trying to sidestep your responsibility for making such a statement by now wording it differently. I find that deplorable, and until you accept honest responsibility for what you did, expect nothing but deserved contempt from me.

Well, good luck to whoever might buy this-and I mean that sincerely. It's a great lot of pens, but also don't be surprised if you agree on a price and then find the sale refused when you're ready to complete it. At least this lesson just cost me some time and headaches and no actual money.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 2nd, 2022 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks

I am sorry for giving a truthful account of a first hand experience of my attempt to make a purchase from you.

That will be my final say on this matter even though EoC has repeatedly attempted to blame me for his failure to make a sale and will no doubt continue to disparage me.

I do not hold contempt for him, though, but rather pity. Now is time however to actually stick to the ignore list, something that I have not otherwise found a need to use here.
    Last edited by bunnspecial; December 2nd, 2022 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

I am sorry for giving a truthful account of a first hand experience of my attempt to make a purchase from you.
    You ought to see how he reacts when free stuff is delayed due to his country’s covid lockdown restrictions.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

bunnspecial (December 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

That will be my final say on this matter even though EoC has repeatedly attempted to blame me for his failure to make a sale and will no doubt continue to disparage me.

I do not hold contempt for him, though, but rather pity. Now is time however to actually stick to the ignore list, something that I have not otherwise found a need to use here.
    You know that you intended to sabotage the sales thread with the statement I quoted, but don't have the honesty or integrity to take responsibility for it. It's not disparaging of me to say so, it's me giving a truthful account of my first-hand experience of dealing with you. The fact that you dodge your responsibility whereas I openly acknowledge mine is the difference between us.

Thanks

@Chrissy

OK. As you asked, I've now politely posted and mentioned one coincidence I spotted on the pencil thread. You both own two identical pencils, one of which is quite unusual. Your original post on there was posted before you changed your name as it was quoted by someone around the same time.

Thanks

This is a site for people who collect writing instruments. There are many I could point out that own the same models, same colours and so on for pens or pencils. It would be kind of odd if that wasn't the case. I've owned 2 Pilot S20s in the 8 years since I joined. Currently have just the one in brown. The Worther was also a wood version. No idea where it is now. The only other ones I had were Parker 51 repeaters, of which I also owned two - one dark blue, and one in burgundy. I have no others.

My concern here is not whether you (or anyone else) believe what I write, because frankly it doesn't matter what I write it will be classed as untrue as part of a simple persistent prejudice. What concerns me, as I said before, is that new members may be negatively affected by this kind of McCarthyism. I don't care about the scammers at all. Have at them.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 3rd, 2022 at 01:53 AM.