Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

WARNING!!! DRAMA WILL FOLLOW!!! WARNING!!!
    USE YOUR BROWSER'S "BACK" BUTTON TO ENJOY PENS AND OTHER TOPICS

Since it's polluting other threads, maybe those interested can address the mimophant in the room and keep it consolidated here; where people can engage or ignore as they prefer.

Background: In May 2022, the latest chapter of EoC drama occurred. Calling people "boomers" and other nonsense. It blew up in the now deleted P51 thread.

Is FPGeeks still a pleasant place to stay?, also started in May; is a sort-of record of events.

Some disruption and maliciousness (now deleted) resulted, particularly in that thread OP's pen photo thread.

During the same period, Getting off to a bad start was bumped twice by two posters who joined and posted precisely one post each, offering condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post
    I am sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by reerlyly View Post
    Same here
    Also during that same time, member "Mık Joger" joined, and appeared to be a spammer.

One post in particular was:

Quote Originally Posted by Mık Joger View Post
    Thank you for your advice, but I am very glad that this difficult period is behind us. In times of covid and with the transition to online learning, it was very difficult for me to understand many subjects, especially coding. Here I had a gap in knowledge until I found guys from https://mycodinghomework.com/ that they could do my coding homework I reviewed everything and the algorithm became clear to me, now I do everything myself and I’m not bad at it, I’ll tell you.
    Curiously, this particular spammer went back and edited the majority of their posts (presumably to activate the hyperlink). That's odd behavior from a spammer.

This exact post, quoted by member "Bzzer" appeared in a review thread of the Narwahl Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Thank you for your advice, but I am very glad that this difficult period is behind us. In times of covid and with the transition to online learning, it was very difficult for me to understand many subjects, especially coding. Here I had a gap in knowledge until I found guys from https://mycodinghomework.com/ that they could do my coding homework I reviewed everything and the algorithm became clear to me, now I do everything myself and I’m not bad at it, I’ll tell you.
    Several other "spam" type posts were made by EoC. e.g.:

I'd like to share lessons I learned from American retailers. These are the kinds of lessons that are hard-earned and that apply to almost every aspect of the business. Price is one of the most important factors in determining how much you will sell. Don't think you can get around this by offering value or quality instead—they're both secondary to price. You can offer value or quality so that people don't care about your price (i.e., Apple Store). But if you have neither, you have to lower your price until it's low enough for someone to buy. Also, they work with services like belkins.io that offer appointment setting programs to increase the number of closed deals. It's a great trick they use.
    There were a total of 4 "spam" posts:

EoC Posts - 1.jpeg

Since then, EoC stated:

I got hacked and locked out of my account with the password changed. Not sure how that was done. Have now reset my password and regained access. Only thing is I don't know if the hacker will continue to try to use my account. If they do I'll have to remove the email account and set up a new FPG/email connection. Bit of a pain. Looks like the account was only used by the hacker a handful of times though. Sorry about that.
    I don't keep up with all the drama here, but there is perhaps a correlation between Mık Joger's "victims" (thread starters) and those who have had (or still have) disputes with EoC.

I postulated that:

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Someone probably wasn’t paying attention to which account they were logged into. It explains a lot, actually, and maybe the seemingly haphazard areas and threads that receive these weird spam posts are actually part of a pattern of misbehavior. Is vindictive trolling via spam a thing?
    Others have implied similar malfeasance.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (November 24th, 2022), Bzzer (November 24th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Dogs eatin' homework, and other tall tales...

If your intention is to make up alternative 'facts' to support your maliciousness, you've done well.

If your intention was to highlight your (previously revealed) lack of personal integrity, again you've done well.

What ever happened to 'if you don't be a jerk, I won't'? And here you are starting a thread that is the very epitome of being a jerk.

There are two actual facts that you are oblivious to:

1. While I have been contentious on many occasions, I have never knowingly lied about anything. Which unfortunately is not a claim you can make.

2. I have always been against spammers/scammers and have reported many over the years. Unlike some people here I generally simply report them and don't perpetuate threads by posting that I've reported them.

Having said that, overall, I have no real interest in the writings of people who are inherently dishonest. So, whatever.

Thanks

If your intention is to make up alternative 'facts' to support your maliciousness, you've done well.

If your intention was to highlight your (previously revealed) lack of personal integrity, again you've done well.

What ever happened to 'if you don't be a jerk, I won't'? And here you are starting a thread that is the very epitome of being a jerk.

There are two actual facts that you are oblivious to:

1. While I have been contentious on many occasions, I have never knowingly lied about anything. Which unfortunately is not a claim you can make.

2. I have always been against spammers/scammers and have reported many over the years. Unlike some people here I generally simply report them and don't perpetuate threads by posting that I've reported them.

Having said that, overall, I have no real interest in the writings of people who are inherently dishonest. So, whatever.
    Yet another!
    Let's see if this one checks all the boxes:

Embattled, perpetual victim - CHECK
    Nonsensical story with professed innocence - CHECK
    Shifting blame - CHECK
    Shifting, dodging, deflecting - CHECK
    Posts Deleted - NOT YET BUT IT IS STILL VERY EARLY INTO THIS THREAD
    Name calling - CHECK

4 of 5.
    And that's with just one post!!
    Stay tuned, more to follow!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    a lot of guff
    But

I have no real interest in the writings of people who are inherently dishonest. So, whatever.

Thanks

I have no real interest in the writings of people who are inherently dishonest. So, whatever.
    Yep, whatever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

724Seney (November 24th, 2022), Chrissy (November 24th, 2022), dneal (November 24th, 2022), Jon Szanto (November 24th, 2022), Lloyd (January 5th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

I personally couldn't see any reason why all of the "off topic" posts weren't deleted. To EOC why just edit them to say "I was hacked"? What is the point of leaving them there and saying that?

Everyone who posted on that pen review thread without relating to the review should simply go back and delete their posts. @ - Stands on Feet, Bzzer and EOC - Then it's all good again with no acrimony. There's no-one else who can do it for you.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (November 24th, 2022), Lloyd (January 5th, 2023), TSherbs (November 25th, 2022)

Thanks

@Chrissy, I agree with you completely on this. Unfortunately it was a dilemma because there are 3 or 4 people who think I delete posts arbitrarily (when in truth it is to remove irrelevant or harmful stuff only) and who would have made a feast of me removing the spammer's posts. And then there was the approach I took to highlight the hijacking, which I knew the same people would make a feast of too. It was lose-lose for me. I chose the second option.

I will go and remove those posts now because as you rightly say they should be removed. Don't be surprised if the others do not follow suit though.

Edit: And done. @Chrissy, thank you for your measured response. It was a welcome change to the knee-jerkery that comes from those 3 or 4 others.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 24th, 2022 at 04:19 PM. Reason: update

Thanks

Mine's deleted.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stands on Feet For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 25th, 2022), Empty_of_Clouds (November 24th, 2022)

Thanks

Gobble gobble gobble!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

724Seney (November 24th, 2022), dneal (November 24th, 2022)

Thanks

Have pm'd but I think you will find that others won't be happy to discuss anything back channel and are unlikely to bring either truth or understanding in light of the fact that they haven't been capable of this up to now.

Thanks

Is the Thanksgiving holiday and 2 days off a particularly US thing or do other places have something similar?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (January 5th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Is the Thanksgiving holiday and 2 days off a particularly US thing or do other places have something similar?
    I think we get 2 days off so we can get through all the leftovers.

mmmmm... turkey sammiches....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (November 26th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Really dneal?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    We don't get 2 days off over here, and we don't celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday. Over recent years the Black Friday event has been building up into a bigger and bigger discount shopping event and this year I think almost everywhere has some offer or other on for this.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Really dneal?
    You don’t like turkey sammiches?

Thanks

And why is this put under "site feedback"? What is going on here? Does everyone have to see this now?

Thanks

Of course not. There’s a big red warning at the top. Just hit your browser’s ’back’ button.

Thanks

It's here because at heart dneal wants to stir things up. You know, the whole trollz for lulz thing that he admitted was one of the reasons for posting on the forum. Right now he is accusing me of being various spammers. I have no connection with the names he mentions, but dneal is happy to keep pushing lies. It's what I would expect from an inherently dishonest person, so there is really no surprise there.

Edit to add: I suspect he is now dragging this into the main part of the forum because he just doesn't get the support for his lies in the politics subforum and is looking for allies here. What is he really achieving by doing this though? That is a question that requires some considering.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 25th, 2022 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

I think you know what I mean, dneal. There are people here who lobbied the site owner to exclude the politics thread from the "what's new" search filter specifically to not have this kind of stuff come up. This isn't "site feedback" and any moderator would have you remove it or move it (likely the former). I feel sorry for those persons who hoped they would not have to see this kind of thing come up in their routine updates.

You asked me what I thought that you should "move on to." My answer is, pretty much anything the opposite of this.