Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Echo chambers and other animals.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Echo chambers and other animals.

Nothing
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 21st, 2022 at 03:15 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (December 2nd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Re: Echo chambers and other animals.

That’s quite the selective history, but it seems short of substantiation.

There seems to be a correlation between liberal attitudes, self misery, and petulance.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

You need to up your trolling game. This is a mediocre attempt at best.

Thanks

Ok. Here's one:

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    The Dalai Lama said, “Violence is old-fashioned. Anger doesn’t get you anywhere. If you can calm your mind and be patient, you will be a wonderful example to those around you.”
    Curious from a person who also recently posted about retribution.

Thanks

This is a hobbyist forum for people to have conversations. Substantiation is not required, just like it wouldn't be required down at the pub. But you already know this.
    Comments without substantiation are also without credibility.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 2nd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

You must be fun at dinner parties with that attitude.
    I hate most "dinner parties." Even with "friends."

But bar talk I am good at cuz it's not everyone around in one big circle....

Thanks

The member in question has from time to time issued a small and insincere bleat about 'making this place better'. For a person who claims to have been a US warmonger ranking officer you would be forgiven perhaps for expecting a little leadership. However, evidence of any leadership qualities at all are not in evidence.
    TSherbs - about employment criticisms… I think you missed this one.

EoC - leadership has a vast toolbox. Maybe Google “NCO as a hand grenade”, and see if you can find the maybe 25 year old article from The NCO Journal. You’re much like the troublesome private that can’t find his way out of the 5 meter zone.

Thanks

More than you are capable of imagining. Look how I've got you reacting, just from posting a few quotes and offering a hypothesis.

Thanks

Yet we see this obsessive posting from the same guy who said (among other things):

“I have no real interest in the writings of people who are inherently dishonest. So, whatever.”

Seems like a lot of effort expended for that. I wonder why…

Thanks

You’re confused. I’m not on your train. I’m watching the train wreck.

Thanks

Yes, that's kind of the point. Your leadership skills are imaginary.

You don't have me reacting. I am following a specific course of action that is independent of what you write, but that allows me to incorporate anything that crops up along the way. It is you that is dancin' to ma tune, but too stupid or too arrogant to see it. Also, far too arrogant to have noticed your own echo chamber. That's just embarrassing.
    Here we have a blatant example of the hypocrisy which exists among our sub-forum's "woke" contingent.

EoC has repeatedly & somewhat gleefully used the term "dancin' to ma tune" throughout several threads now.

Rest assured, had it been me, dneal, kazoolaw, etc. the woke gang would have all been up and down our yin-yangs accusing us of being racists, again. This phrase, as employed by EoC, is straight out of the black-face / minstrel era's playbook. One which relied heavily on African American vernacular English. Even us non-wokes appreciate why there is currently such sensitivity to something like this and yet our resident wokes just let EoC get away with it.

We already have good evidence that EoC is a misogynist, the "p" word, and now, very legitimately, we can add a racist to our list.

Agree woke brothers?? Or is this another opportunity to show off how well you can play your hypocrisy game??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

Here we have a blatant example of the hypocrisy which exists among our sub-forum's "woke" contingent.

EoC has repeatedly & somewhat gleefully used the term "dancin' to ma tune" throughout several threads now.

Rest assured, had it been me, dneal, kazoolaw, etc. the woke gang would have all been up and down our yin-yangs accusing us of being racists, again. This phrase, as employed by EoC, is straight out of the black-face / minstrel era's playbook. One which relied heavily on African American vernacular English. Even us non-wokes appreciate why there is currently such sensitivity to something like this and yet our resident wokes just let EoC get away with it.

We already have good evidence that EoC is a misogynist, the "p" word, and now, very legitimately, we can add a racist to our list.

Agree woke brothers?? Or is this another opportunity to show off how well you can play your hypocrisy game??

Wow! what a reach that is! A desperate attempt to find something to score points with and, as usual, coming up with nothing. It's a common expression. That I wrote it kinda how I said it doesn't change or add anything. Oh no, I used 'kinda' I must hide from the puppy-police. Dumbass
    Annnnd now we have cultural insensitivity & lack of awareness to add to the list.
    Just the perfect kind of person to be working in a university setting, isn't he?

Thanks

Reaching again, puppy? That's sad. Shows you're out of ideas - not that you had any original ones to start with. What I recommend (based on your past performance) is wait for one of your echo chamber buddies to make a statement and then you will have something to copy and paste into your own posts. Will save you attempting to think, as we know that's not your strong suit.
    This strikes me as being more of a self-reflection & personal assessment piece than a substantive reply. But if you are happy with it that's fine with me.

Thanks

No, it's an indictment of the fact that if you're not a sock puppet then you are at best a hollow man. [That's a TS Eliot reference in case you want to have a read]
    Uh huh.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

You made me laugh. Not with you.

That's worth something.
    Last edited by Chip; December 2nd, 2022 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks

Woke brothers...what does that mean?

Thanks

Yes, that's kind of the point. Your leadership skills are imaginary.

You don't have me reacting. I am following a specific course of action that is independent of what you write, but that allows me to incorporate anything that crops up along the way. It is you that is dancin' to ma tune, but too stupid or too arrogant to see it. Also, far too arrogant to have noticed your own echo chamber. That's just embarrassing.

I think you are being unfair with your "woke gang" accusations. What exactly do you think being "woke" means to us? Are we re-writing history?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    You made me laugh. Not with you.

That's worth something.
    I agree. Laughing is a good thing.
    I don't mind if you were laughing at me as opposed to with me. It's only fair, I laugh at you guys all the time.

What I find curious is that you and TSherbs have not registered either an agreement or my disagreement with my contention about the racist undertones of the phrase that EoC is liberally sprinkling throughout his posts. (With him, there always seems to be the word of the day, phrase of the day, issue of the day, etc., etc.) If you and Ted truly believe what you say about racism, unconscious bias, the need for CRT, etc., etc. you simply cannot deny that the posts are racist.

On the other hand, if your convictions are only for grandstanding and political convenience, you shouldn't worry about allowing that to come out. I think a huge number of the current outspoken group of "woke" people fall into that category.

You may wonder why my comments are directed towards only you & TSherbs. Simple. Candy / Chuck is a mere lemming. They will hold off until you guys take your position and then agree. Every time they try to think for themselves all they do is dig themselves deeper into the hole they have created.

Thanks

I don’t need to do anything @dneal, 724, Scott, circle jerk extroverted chicken .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Position?

Seated.

Wondering why you waste so much time posting rubbish.