Thread: Ink Review Papier & Stift Hey Ho Let's Write - Diamine Exclusive

Thanks
    Thanked 10,370 Times in 3,980 Posts

Default Ink Review Papier & Stift Hey Ho Let's Write - Diamine Exclusive

Hey Ho Let’s Write is one of three new Diamine exclusive inks available only from Papier & Stift, Germany.
    I have all three of these unsaturated, blue or blue grey inks to review. The first one "Hey Ho Let's Write" is what I call a greyish blue.

This is what Papier & Stift say about “Hey Ho Let’s Write”:

It took a long time before we were able to come to terms with an exclusive ink again. Or actually three exclusive inks.
    This time our special love is on the shading of the inks: each of the three exclusive inks has a special, almost two-tone shading.
    "Hey Ho, let's write" is a relatively light blue, but still very easy to read.
    It has a strong shading effect where the ink can then change to gray-brown.

Hey Ho Let’s Write was written with on Tomoe River 52gsm paper in my Seven Seas Writer Journal as well as Rhodia Dot Pad and Paperblanks.

It has such beautiful shading and a distinct colour shift after writing with it. I think it starts off as a greyish blue then changes to a more purplish blue grey as it dries. I love the colour and it’s a well behaved ink.

I had no problems at all with its flow or lubrication and as it flows so well I didn’t find it too light to write with when using any of my pens. It looked quite a bit lighter when using the EF nib.

No show through or bleed through. Not water proof.

They are available in Diamine 30ml plastic bottles and you can buy them individually or as a set of three only from Papier & Stift.

Colorverse aCMa 016 ink is a similar shade with similar colour shifting properties. My Sailor Manyo Ha Ha is bluer and my bottle may have evaporated a little.

Hey Ho Let's Write.jpgHey Ho Let's Write 1.jpeg
    Last edited by Chrissy; December 29th, 2022 at 02:30 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

catbert (December 3rd, 2022), damfino (December 8th, 2022), Deb (December 3rd, 2022), Jon Szanto (December 8th, 2022), junglejim (December 9th, 2022), Marsilius (December 3rd, 2022), Morgaine (December 4th, 2022), Prettypenguin (December 8th, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (December 3rd, 2022), Yazeh (December 3rd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review Papier & Stift Hey Ho Let's Write - Diamine Exclusive

This is a fun review Maybe it's because of the name, Hey, ho, everyone, here's a new review

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 3rd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 698 Posts

Thank you for the great review! Love the name . . . the color . . . not so much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 8th, 2022)

Thanks

I like this one. Great review!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Prettypenguin For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 8th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,370 Times in 3,980 Posts

I believe that users will either like these inks because they are pale and unsaturated or they will dislike them because of that.
    If you like to write letters with EF or F nibs then you are less likely to like them.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens