Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Resting Bitch Face

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,892
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 819 Times in 623 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Resting Bitch Face

    Is this a wokesm?

    For me it seems austere.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

    Bold2013 (December 3rd, 2022)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,206
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 407 Times in 317 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    "Wokesm?"

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    I like the term “woke mind virus’ better.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

    dneal (December 3rd, 2022)

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,892
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 819 Times in 623 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    So 😂😂

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I like the term “woke mind virus’ better.
    WMV!!

    love it

    What would be in the "innoculation" for it? A good dose of scripture? Or, would you say, that no innoculations work?

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,892
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 819 Times in 623 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    I don’t think he’s a medically trained anything….lol!

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I like the term “woke mind virus’ better.
    WMV!!

    love it

    What would be in the "innoculation" for it? A good dose of scripture? Or, would you say, that no innoculations work?
    Great questions.

    Critical thinking is the best defense against critical race theory.

    Not everyone has the ability or desire to use logic and reason (some have even called these tools racist!). But I have had these shortcomings too.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

    dneal (December 3rd, 2022)

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I like the term “woke mind virus’ better.
    WMV!!

    love it

    What would be in the "innoculation" for it? A good dose of scripture? Or, would you say, that no innoculations work?
    Great questions.

    Critical thinking is the best defense against critical race theory.

    Not everyone has the ability or desire to use logic and reason....
    Are you a Biblical literalist?

  12. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    I try to read/understand the Bible as it was intended to be. I have many limitations but I am trying to grow in my understanding.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  13. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I try to read/understand the Bible as it was intended to be. I have many limitations but I am trying to grow in my understanding.
    I'm asking, because you trumpeted logic and reason and "critical thinking." I am wondering if you apply that to your interpretation of your scripture. For example, do you believe that Moses parted the Red Sea?

  14. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    That is a simple question but requires massive unpacking to explain my answer.

    First you have to determine the credibility of the Bible itself. Then analyze the specific account in exodus. Then analyze what the rest of scripture has to say of this event (there is a lot and in both testaments).
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  15. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    That is a simple question but requires massive unpacking to explain my answer.

    First you have to determine the credibility of the Bible itself. Then analyze the specific account in exodus. Then analyze what the rest of scripture has to say of this event (there is a lot and in both testaments).
    Just start with the thesis (answer to the question): Did Moses literally part the Red Sea at any point in human history on this planet? It's a yes, no, maybe answer....at least to start. Then I will ask about the "logic" and "reason" that you used to get to that answer. I was surprised to hear a person of likely literal belief in the Bible chastize someone else for lack of "logic" and "reason" and "critical thinking." But I am giving you a chance to explain (if you want).

  16. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Exodus 14 says that the LORD drove the sea back in a literal sense.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  17. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I try to read/understand the Bible as it was intended to be. I have many limitations but I am trying to grow in my understanding.
    I'm asking, because you trumpeted logic and reason and "critical thinking." I am wondering if you apply that to your interpretation of your scripture. For example, do you believe that Moses parted the Red Sea?
    I have been trying to, especially over the last few years. I wish I started much sooner.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  18. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Why is this difficult to believe if your efforts are based in "logic" and "reason"? Or, is the problem that critical thinking obstructs this specific belief?

  19. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    I’m sorry TS. I see that was confusing. I replied to the wrong post of yours.

    I meant to convey that I have tried to grow in the knowledge/reasoning/logic for my beliefs more than feelings/experiences.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

    TSherbs (December 4th, 2022)

  21. #17
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,981
    Thanks
    1,767
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 957 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    As noted in the "definition of christian" thread, critical thinking usually leads one to Kierkegaard and his leap of faith. There is a chasm of the unknowable, and belief in religion or science/cosmology requires that leap - to accept something as true in spite of those unknowable things.

    If that led Bold to Christ or a literal interpretation of scripture, or EoC to Buddhism, or anyone to anything that fills the "religion shaped hole"; who are we to judge? as long as they're not forcing their belief on us, or demanding that we make the same leap.

    It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites.
    - Thomas Sowell

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

    kazoolaw (December 4th, 2022)

  23. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    As noted in the "definition of christian" thread, critical thinking usually leads one to Kierkegaard and his leap of faith. There is a chasm of the unknowable, and belief in religion or science/cosmology requires that leap - to accept something as true in spite of those unknowable things.

    If that led Bold to Christ or a literal interpretation of scripture, or EoC to Buddhism, or anyone to anything that fills the "religion shaped hole"; who are we to judge? as long as they're not forcing their belief on us, or demanding that we make the same leap.
    I am certainly not "judging" faith. But Bold criticized someone else (strongly) for not using "logic" and "reason" and "critical thinking." I wanted to point out that faith is, in the end, the precise movement (leap) beyond these things.

    I actually recognize and accept this leap, and have done it myself, and do not fault myself for having done so. I also don't over-value "critical thinking," even though it was my job, in part, to teach it. But there are other ways of "knowing" and "understanding" and being "right."

  24. #19
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,981
    Thanks
    1,767
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 957 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    Post #5 was too obvious.

    It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites.
    - Thomas Sowell

  25. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,794
    Thanks
    1,833
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Resting Bitch Face

    The smiley face was meant to convey my tone and spirit. I like analogies, and I loved the WMV idea (even though it was pointed at me, in part). I wanted to joke about phoney weapons of mass woke virus in Iraq, but I couldn't come up with anything. So this attempt was hobbled from the start.

    Sincere faith I have great respect for.

    Weaponized faith meant to belittle or castigate or harm others, I do not. It's all in what use it is put to.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •