Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and the Constitution

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Re: Trump and the Constitution

Yes

Thanks

My first reading of what he posted didn't leave me with the impression that he wanted to void the Constitution. He probably knows the Constitution isn't going away soon. He does know what some want to hear and that is worth the backfire he is receiving. Americans need to remain vigilant and informed.

My opinion was developed over time with becoming "woke" to Trump.

Thanks

Well, this is his sentence: "A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

I know that he is wrong in more than one way here, but those are his words. The fact that he is wrong about "massive fraud" and about "allowing for termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution" does not absolve him from the ethical and moral responsibility of such a statement. He is still the defacto public leader of the Republican party, and is spreading via this megaphone and this influence this double massive lie, contributing more than any other single individual in the country to the distrust of elections in America.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Well, this is his sentence: "A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

I know that he is wrong in more than one way here, but those are his words. The fact that he is wrong about "massive fraud" and about "allowing for termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution" does not absolve him from the ethical and moral responsibility of such a statement. He is still the defacto public leader of the Republican party, and is spreading via this megaphone and this influence this double massive lie, contributing more than any other single individual in the country to the distrust of elections in America.
    Trump is known for this type of stuff. Did he really mean McCain was not a hero? Anyone that knows anything knows that McCain was a hero. Please don't think I am giving this man a break, but he's been doing this stuff long enough to know how to walk up to the edge without jumping off.

Someone said he accepted the Biden win by running for re-election. I doubt it ever crossed his mind. He just knows what he wants and has been made wealthy by his father and his connections to get where he is. Don't make more of him than what he is.

Trust me, even @dneal and 734 would have succeeded with Trump's perks. Just kidding non-woke bros.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; December 5th, 2022 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Don't make more of him than what he is.
    I don't think that I am doing this.

So far, no one else here seems to be much bothered by his recent remarks. So, my initial query has been answered.

Thanks

So far, no one else here seems to be much bothered by his recent remarks. So, my initial query has been answered.
    You misinterpreted, at least my posts.

Thanks

I think one thing you have misread.... and are likely now experiencing..... is that there are very few, if any, Trump supporters here. So, no "hot buttons" are being pushed by your comments and for that matter, no one much cares.

Speaking for my self, I am not a Trump supporter and very much hope he will not be the GOP candidate. I have said that repeatedly as has dneal. Again, speaking for myself, I do not know how to make that more clear. Playing the "Trumper" card is like playing a blank card as far as I am concerned.

What concerns me the most is, at the end of the day, given the current slew of Democratic hopefuls (led by the current, incumbant Demento-in-Chief) I will have no choice but to vote for Trump if he is the candidate. As I hope I have made clear, I do not like or support the man... but most of his policies were far better and more effective than anything the current, progressive leaning Administration has proffered. IMO, four more years of woke Democratic leadership will kill this Country. I understand that some here thing this would be a good thing but, once again speaking for myself, I do not.

Note: This has been offered in the current requested spirit of the Advent and, hopefully, replies /rebuttals will be, likewise, offered in a civil non-offensive tone.
    Last edited by 724Seney; December 5th, 2022 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

I think one thing you have misread.... and are likely now experiencing..... is that there are very few, if any, Trump supporters here. So, no "hot buttons" are being pushed by your comments and for that matter, no one much cares.

Speaking for my self, I am not a Trump supporter and very much hope he will not be the GOP candidate. I have said that repeatedly as has dneal. Again, speaking for myself, I do not know how to make that more clear. Playing the "Trumper" card is like playing a blank card as far as I am concerned.

What concerns me the most is, at the end of the day, given the current slew of Democratic hopefuls (led by the current, incumbant Demento-in-Chief) I will have no choice but to vote for Trump if he is the candidate. As I hope I have made clear, I do not like or support the man... but most of his policies were far better and more effective than anything the current, progressive leaning Administration has proffered. IMO, four more years of woke Democratic leadership will kill this Country. I understand that some here thing this would be a good thing but, once again speaking for myself, I do not.

Note: This has been offered in the current requested spirit of the Advent and, hopefully, replies /rebuttals will be, likewise, offered in a civil non-offensive tone.
    You always have a choice. This comes with age and experience for most of us. You should consider reading "Thank You for your Servitude" because it speaks to those never Trumpers who wound up supporting. No way I want a vote for Trump on my conscience.

Thanks

What "Trump card" was I playing? How is anything here even near an attack on a member?

Seney, I have no idea what you are talking about here. I simply have asked for responses to the recent news. I was curious if anyone felt as strongly as I do. It appears the answer is no. I am fine with that. Curiosity resolved ✔️

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    I think that his behavior deserves DQ to be president again.
    That is a popular thought, but what would be the Constitutional, or other basis for his disqualification?
    None. This is my character standard, my opinion (same for the other fellows I mention). I also stated this in my OP.
    Regarding character standards (and I can start a new thread lest "whataboutism" results), what is your view of Tara Reade's allegations?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

You always have a choice. This comes with age and experience for most of us. You should consider reading "Thank You for your Servitude" because it speaks to those never Trumpers who wound up supporting. No way I want a vote for Trump on my conscience.
    Agree, you always have a choice. And in the words (actually lyrics) of Geddy Lee & Rush in "Freewill,", "If you choose to not decide you still have made a choice."
    You & I just need to agree that we disagree and go our separate ways on this matter. I feel the same...but polar opposite.....as you. No way I want a vote for Biden or any other of the current Democratic contenders on my conscience.
    You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Hopefully you can agree to that........

Thanks

What "Trump card" was I playing? How is anything here even near an attack on a member?

Seney, I have no idea what you are talking about here. I simply have asked for responses to the recent news. I was curious if anyone felt as strongly as I do. It appears the answer is no. I am fine with that. Curiosity resolved ✔️
    Would you mind pointing out to me where, exactly, in my comments where I am accusing you of attacking a member? I can't seem to find it and feel like there is something "deja vu" about this exchange.

Thanks

@Seney - bonus cool points for working in Rush lyrics.

I’m gonna go dine on honeydew now… 🍈

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (December 5th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    That is a popular thought, but what would be the Constitutional, or other basis for his disqualification?
    None. This is my character standard, my opinion (same for the other fellows I mention). I also stated this in my OP.
    Regarding character standards (and I can start a new thread lest "whataboutism" results), what is your view of Tara Reade's allegations?
    ??

I don't know this name nor what this refers to.

Thanks

Would you mind pointing out to me where, exactly, in my comments where I am accusing you of attacking a member? I can't seem to find it and feel like there is something "deja vu" about this exchange.
    The beginning and end of your post, you refer to Trump card and st the end you suggest that you are concerned about civil discourse in this exchange with me. I am 9n my phone and I can't see up the thread as I answer. But you can look again 8f you are still curious. I can't 8magine anything near uncivil that I have done here. Nor anything like playing a "card" to provoke responses.

I just as soon close the thread because I got my answer, so I'll probably let it go and stop looking.

Thanks

??

I don't know this name nor what this refers to.
    It is in the cycle again due to the Twitter hubbub.

link

Thanks

The beginning and end of your post, you refer to Trump card and st the end you suggest that you are concerned about civil discourse in this exchange with me. I am 9n my phone and I can't see up the thread as I answer. But you can look again 8f you are still curious. I can't 8magine anything near uncivil that I have done here. Nor anything like playing a "card" to provoke responses.

I just as soon close the thread because I got my answer, so I'll probably let it go and stop looking.
    In spite of all your "touchy-feely" comments about wanting to de-escalate the sub-forum and communicate in the Advent spirit I think you are doing your level best to pick a fight with me TSherbs.

Here's what I said:
    "Note: This has been offered in the current requested spirit of the Advent and, hopefully, replies /rebuttals will be, likewise, offered in a civil non-offensive tone."

News flash, you are not the only one who might have replied / rebutted; among your group there are some people who have continued to have tried to pick fights with me.

TSherbs, I've tried to get on board with your recommendation / suggestion / request that we try to cease and desist. But you and the others are not making it easy. Don't tell me you want peace, love and happiness and then continue to lob your stink bombs at me. If you and the others want to keep fighting, it's fine with me. Or not. Your call.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 5th, 2022)

Thanks

In spite of all your "touchy-feely" comments about wanting to de-escalate the sub-forum and communicate in the Advent spirit I think you are doing your level best to pick a fight with me TSherbs.

Here's what I said:
    "Note: This has been offered in the current requested spirit of the Advent and, hopefully, replies /rebuttals will be, likewise, offered in a civil non-offensive tone."

News flash, you are not the only one who might have replied / rebutted; among your group there are some people who have continued to have tried to pick fights with me.

TSherbs, I've tried to get on board with your recommendation / suggestion / request that we try to cease and desist. But you and the others are not making it easy. Don't tell me you want peace, love and happiness and then continue to lob your stink bombs at me. If you and the others want to keep fighting, it's fine with me. Or not. Your call.
    nevemind

I am moving on

Thanks

I only vaguely recall this. I read your link and another one further back from that. I do recall, now, those references to his "hands-on" approach and Creepy Joe, etc. That is disquieting, yes, and he was likely over the line. What is the reference she makes to "retaliation"? Was she fired? Have there been any other accusers?

Thanks

She accused him of sexual assault. Turns out the government subpoenaed her online account info, to include Twitter.

Just curious given your opinions of other figures accused of the same.