Thread: Hello fellow pen fans!

Thanks

Post Hello fellow pen fans!

I am new to this site. I found it while searching for a suggestion for a new ink to use in my pen so... if anyone has a suggestion for a nice vibrant pink bottled ink - I'm all ears.
    I have written with fountain pens since grade school - although no one else was - because they fascinated me. I think I have a decent-sized collection of pens that I rotate about every two weeks. I usually have two inked at a time - with different color inks for different purposes. I am currently using a Monteverde Regatta Demonstrator and a Pelikan M200.
    I look forward to exploring this site for both pen and ink suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,257 Times in 2,258 Posts

Default Re: Hello fellow pen fans!

You can try Taccia Momo. It has a gold sheen with wide nibs.
    Depending where you are, I would recommend you buying a bunch of samples. Test and see.
    Also note that Pink ( also red) inks are a tad more difficult to clean than other inks.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (January 2nd, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (December 5th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrla View Post
    I am new to this site. I found it while searching for a suggestion for a new ink to use in my pen so... if anyone has a suggestion for a nice vibrant pink bottled ink - I'm all ears.
    I have written with fountain pens since grade school - although no one else was - because they fascinated me. I think I have a decent-sized collection of pens that I rotate about every two weeks. I usually have two inked at a time - with different color inks for different purposes. I am currently using a Monteverde Regatta Demonstrator and a Pelikan M200.
    I look forward to exploring this site for both pen and ink suggestions.
    What's your ink budget? Iroshizuku Tsutsuji is more vibrant than Kosumusu but I like the latter. J Herbin has a couple of pinks. And Monteverde probably has a pink or two.

You could always buy a few samples. And welcome aboard!
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (December 6th, 2022)

Thanks

Welcome to this group! Please do look at the Pilot Iroshizuku line of inks, they have some really wonderful colors. One of my favorites is Yama Budo but is may be a little too magenta for your need.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OCArt For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (January 2nd, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

If I was looking for a particular coloured ink first I would set a budget then I would search on Google to find some inks in that colour. *Pink fountain pen inks* or *Pink inks* Some ink reviewers will have reviews based on ink colour and they will come up in your search.

On here there is an Ink Review forum and an Inky Thoughts forum. You will also find plenty examples of pink inks in there but you would need to know their brands and names to look for first.

Once I found a number of inks that fit my requirements for price and colour then I would find out where they were sold and try to get samples of those.

Everyone on here will recommend a different pink ink and prices will range from cheap to expensive. They will also vary in how saturated or unsaturated they are and how they nicely they feel when writing in your own pens on your own choice of papers.

Wherever you are in the world will also make a difference on what you can easily get for the price you are prepared to pay.

You have a Monteverde pen and a Pelikan pen. Both of thse manufacturers also make inks. Maybe look at what pink ink options they have available first?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestions and warm welcome.
    The pink I am currently using is iroshizuku and I like it but was looking for something a little brighter.
    I have a very varied collection of pens - and a varied selection of inks. I try to always have two different colors in use so I have an entire drawer of battles to pick from. I do like the Pilot and Pelikan inks but I was not crazy for the Monteverde inks. I do look for some of the inks that come in smaller volumes so I can try them out before buying the larger bottle. I look forward to exploring the site for suggestions on pens and inks, as well as tips and tricks.

Thanks

Glad you are with us!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Hello and welcome.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a community of pen-centric people here, with a body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

Regards,
    Jon
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin