Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: About all that institutional racism…

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default About all that institutional racism…

How did it let a black democrat and black republican run against each other for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Default Re: About all that institutional racism…

It occurred because institutional racism has been/ is being addressed and progress is being made to overcome.

Thanks

How did that black guy get to be President, with all that institutional racism he whined about? Didn't he even get out and campaign for the black candidate in one of those Jim Crow states?

I'm surprised they all didn't get lynched what with all the institutional racism they had to wade through.

Thanks

Systemic racism is a historical fact. Jim Crow occurred. I know people who had firsthand experience. She remembers being a little girl and needing to pee with no clean bathroom for her to use in Montgomery. In my city, AA could only go to the city park and swim on Juneteeth. On the following day, the pools were drained and sanitized. If black people ventured out from their neighborhoods there would be hell to pay.

Obama is biracial who identifies as AA. IF you have ever read is bio, he had access to white privileges through his mother's parents.

The tenor of your OP seems to me you are not informed about the American history of racial inequality. That a minority of AA have had great success does not prove these histories did not occur. W.E.B DeBois is an example an African American, highly educated, who wrote of the plight of his people in areas where equal opportunities were available. Suggested reading would be The Souls of Black Folk. Also, How the South Won the Civil War from an historian's perspective.

Am I woke because I know these histories? Okay, I am woke...LOL!! Many aren't.

Thanks

candy trying to sort out how truth can't be true, because HCR told her so.

math confused lady.jpeg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Systemic racism is a historical fact. Jim Crow occurred. I know people who had firsthand experience. She remembers being a little girl and needing to pee with no clean bathroom for her to use in Montgomery. In my city, AA could only go to the city park and swim on Juneteeth. On the following day, the pools were drained and sanitized. If black people ventured out from their neighborhoods there would be hell to pay.

Obama is biracial who identifies as AA. IF you have ever read is bio, he had access to white privileges through his mother's parents.

The tenor of your OP seems to me you are not informed about the American history of racial inequality. That a minority of AA have had great success does not prove these histories did not occur. W.E.B DeBois is an example an African American, highly educated, who wrote of the plight of his people in areas where equal opportunities were available. Suggested reading would be The Souls of Black Folk. Also, How the South Won the Civil War from an historian's perspective.

Candy/Chuck, you have, again, totally missed the point.
    Who, exactly, do you think denies the history?
    Sure, there may be some, somewhere, but no one who is actively engaged in this thread.
    It's a fact. That's it. Simple.

The point is the here and now. Are there still some vestiges of it? Yes, I think so.
    But are there people, like you, who are off the deep end in terms of thinking it is as pervasive as you believe it to be? You bet.

Hope this helps. Although I know it won't.........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

Candy/Chuck, you have, again, totally missed the point.
    Who, exactly, do you think denies the history?
    Sure, there may be some, somewhere, but no one who is actively engaged in this thread.
    It's a fact. That's it. Simple.

The point is the here and now. Are there still some vestiges of it? Yes, I think so.
    But are there people, like you, who are off the deep end in terms of thinking it is as pervasive as you believe it to be? You bet.

Hope this helps. Although I know it won't.........
    How am I off the deep end @dneal aka @seny724? You two or one seem to be having a rough day. Chill out.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; December 9th, 2022 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks

Deep enough you haven't even figured out your gender, it seems.

Thanks

You're having a rough day.

The conversations are not going in your direction. Why not hack more dormant forums or hunt for some personal information on the other members. Why not get a third profile here?

Thanks

The conversations are not going in your direction.
    Not having figured out gender seems to be the least of this pathetic buffoon's problems.

Thanks

Not having figured out gender seems to be the least of this pathetic buffoon's problems.
    Why would you care if someone couldn't figure it out? Does it ruin your life or chance to be happy @dneal? Why must someone play by your rules? Can't you be your gender and be happy or must everyone think a you do @slany123?

Ironically, people like Jerry Falwell, Jr who insist the students at his father's college adhere to sexual norms he chooses to ignore. Perhaps you need to come out yourselves, Legend. LOL!!
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; December 9th, 2022 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks

Why would you care if someone couldn't figure it out? Does it ruin your life or chance to be happy @dneal? Why must someone play by your rules? Can't you be your gender and be happy or must everyone think a you do @slany123?
    Exactly, just as I said, your inability to figure out your gender is the least of your problems.

Thanks

Exactly, just as I said, your inability to figure out your gender is the least of your problems.
    Have a nice day. LOL!!

Thanks

Have a nice day. LOL!!
    Sorry to see it is raining on your end. We are enjoying another gorgeous day here in "paradise!"

Thanks

Have a nice day. LOL!!
    Sorry to see it is raining on your end. We are enjoying another gorgeous day here in "paradise!"
    So, what's your real complaint? Be a man and spell it out. What's your understanding of what it means to be black/brown and American? What have you experienced or read?

Thanks

Candy tells someone to “be a man”

ROFL!!! 🤣

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (December 9th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Candy tells someone to “be a man”

ROFL!!! 🤣
    https://bonanza.fandom.com/wiki/Candy_Canaday

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Did you notice the avatar?

Thanks

The one representing your multiple personalities? Yep. Are you ever going to explain it?