Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doing battle with Montblanc over warranty repair

Thanks

Default Re: Doing battle with Montblanc over warranty repair

Finally got my 149 back yesterday. Free of charge too! So far so good, but I've only been using it one day. I have to say that this and other experiences with Montblanc have really put me off the brand.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdwhitak For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 13th, 2023), dneal (January 10th, 2023), Yazeh (January 11th, 2023)

Thanks

Glad it's back.

MJR seems to eventually get it right(maybe...) but the frustrating thing to me is that for those of us who don't live close to a boutique, it's $60 for a round trip even if they don't charge for the actual repair.

I remember the good old days of the Lamy lifetime warranty where you'd pack the pen up and ship it yourself, and put a $7.50 check in the box for return shipping. The last Pelikan I sent cost me $8 total as Chartpak paid the return shipping.

This sort of stuff, to me, is shameful for a luxury brand. Not only do you have to deal with outsourced service that might or might not get it right, but they dictate the terms for shipping both ways and you're on the hook for it. I could likely 2-day my pens fully insured for their retail value from a UPS store for what MJR charges for standard shipping.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunnspecial For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 13th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (January 14th, 2023)

Thanks

I’ve had torrid experiences with the Richemont group. Customer first does not appear to be their philosophy. Whilst the individual dealership tries to accomodate, they are hamstrung by head office.

Online boutique (MontBlanc) purchase. Nib tines scratchy out of the box. Had to fight for customer service and they insisted the nib was ‘damaged by the user’ when I had never inked it.

Ended up being a paid nib exchange.

I own a dozen Montblanc pens including the 146 and 149 flex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk