Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should social media practice less or more filtering and control?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Should social media practice less or more filtering and control?

I am of the opinion that within the applicable state and federal laws (I certainly don't know them all), private social media enterprises should be free to filter/censor/control/determine their user and membership policies however they see fit: if they want only happy birthday messages, then fine. If they want only excoriating animosity, then fine. If they want to lean left, fine. If they want to lean right, fine. If the enterprise is a private business not using "public airwaves" and no other current state of federal statutes are being violated, then each platform should be free to exercise its rules and regulations however they see fit. Including, as we are learning, an owner like Musk just making some "personal" choices.

Thanks

Default Re: Should social media practice less or more filtering and control?

Twitter was used on January 6 which resulted in deaths. I would not want that on my conscience. Also, have you considered the false Covid information that was shared here? Are we not responsible for not providing false information or passive aggressive support of bad players?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Twitter was used on January 6 which resulted in deaths. I would not want that on my conscience. Also, have you considered the false Covid information that was shared here? Are we not responsible for not providing false information or passive aggressive support of bad players?
    Yes, I have considered the lies, etc. I am saying that private business get to decide whether they invite liars into their purview. Or not. If *I* owned a social media company, I would highly regulate it. I am saying that the owners should get to decide what the rules are (short of breaking the law).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (December 9th, 2022)

Thanks

Yesterday on another forum a person posted a video of that nurse in England, the one that misrepresented vaccine deaths and suggested Ivermectin. I didn't respond, but another said, "thank you, but I got my vaccines and boosters". I think the moderators quickly deleted.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,319 Posts

Twitter colluded with Fauci and the government to spread propaganda and squelch truth.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I once got banned from a Catholic social media site. I broke the tenor of the rules, I was warned, then I got banned. I am fine with that. Yes, they censored my dissenting view, but that was their right. I did not complain. They can design and moderate the site according to their rules. That seems to me how it should be. There are (in my view) thousands and thousands of lies on that site about heaven and morality and punishment and healing and the history of the world, all of which could be contributing to unhappiness and even death. But that is their choice to allow or disallow in their fora. At least in my opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (December 9th, 2022)

Thanks

Replace "Catholic" with "liberal", and it becomes clear why you LWL's are ok with lies that contribute to unhappiness and even death being propagated on social media.
    Last edited by dneal; December 9th, 2022 at 07:34 AM. Reason: made "disparaging" comment more widely applicable. Happy now candy/Chuck?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Replace "Catholic" with "liberal", and it becomes clear why you're ok with lies that contribute to unhappiness and even death being propagated on social media.
    Why are you disparaging @tsherbs? Aren't you the one always complaining about a lack of serious discussion? Posts like this show your true colors @dneal aka @Senybr549.

Thanks

I guess you missed this, but you do miss a lot.

... Let the games begin.

Thanks

I guess you missed this, but you do miss a lot.

... Let the games begin.
    I am game. Doesn't bother me at all. Having hacked a dormant forum, had you also read the discussions, you should/would (maybe understood) know I can both take it and give it back. I hope the rain stops for you today @dneal/aka Seny865/aka Scott

Thanks

candy - you're the pig that enjoys rolling around in the mud. I can prod you anytime and leave you babbling incoherent nonsense. It was fun for a while, but your schtick gets repetitive and boring - so most of your stuff I just laugh at and pass by.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (December 9th, 2022)

Thanks

candy - you're the pig that enjoys rolling around in the mud. I can prod you anytime and leave you babbling incoherent nonsense. It was fun for a while, but your schtick gets repetitive and boring - so most of your stuff I just laugh at and pass by.
    Just don't ask for an ICU bed if you get sick with COVID. I won't forget your come apart on that one...LOL!!

Seriously, if you think this bothers me, you're so very confused. Carry on Legend ("for we are many").

Thanks

Thanks

Seriously, if you think this bothers me, you're so very confused.
    Makes perfect sense Candy; after all you are brain-dead and so you cannot feel or sense a thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Seriously, if you think this bothers me, you're so very confused.
    Makes perfect sense Candy; after all you are brain-dead and so you cannot feel or sense a thing.
    Again, what is your real concern, or do you have a concrete position? As some have suggested, you're a 15year old internet troll. Prove them wrong?

Thanks

Actually candy, I first suggested you were a 12 year old on grandpa’s computer. Maybe I was wrong and it’s grandma’s…

Either way, prove me wrong?

Thanks

Actually candy, I first suggested you were a 12 year old on grandpa’s computer. Maybe I was wrong and it’s grandma’s…

You don't have much experience with 12 year old children. Where you ever around?

Let me ask, if your child was sexually confused, how would you want others to treat them. Or, if your grandchild was bi-racial, how would you want the general public to treat them, even if they made what you consider anti-American sentiments?

Thanks

Well, we see clearly that it doesn't take the presence of EoC to devolve these threads into vortexes of personal acrimony.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Well, we see clearly that it doesn't take the presence of EoC to devolve these threads into vortexes of personal acrimony.
    We’re just chatting, right?

Thanks

You don't have much experience with 12 year old children. Where you ever around?

Let me ask, if your child was sexually confused, how would you want others to treat them. Or, if your grandchild was bi-racial, how would you want the general public to treat them, even if they made what you consider anti-American sentiments?
    Candy/Chuck, you’re the only one who is sexually confused