Thread: rOtring baarnfind...

Thanks

Default rOtring baarnfind...

Here's my - call it rOtring 'barnfind'.
    (In need of TLC? )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joolstacho For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (December 17th, 2022), Yazeh (December 18th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: rOtring baarnfind...

Nice stash, stacho I have a box of similar pens from the 1980s, all dried out by now and already since long ago
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

But mate, I've found that they are easy to get up and running with a good cleanout. I have one that I cleaned and filled about a year ago which goes beautifully every time even if I leave it months between uses.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joolstacho For This Useful Post:

amk (January 21st, 2024), Marsilius (December 18th, 2022)

Thanks

I have a bottle of the special rOtring cleaning fluid somewhere. I say "somewhere" because I've searched high and low for it without success. And I never throw stuff like this out. Grrr.
    I really must have a 'sort out', -there's a few (as you can see) with mis-matched caps / bodies. I used to keep a full set of nib sizes, but just kept bodies on the most frequently used - (0.2 and 0.5), and for other sizes I just swapped a body onto it if needed.
    I might try to track down bodies so's to have a full complete set. Beautiful things.

Thanks

You are right. That box also has bottles of ink that have dried out since the 1980s. I will have to take some time to do some righteous reviving.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joolstacho View Post
    But mate, I've found that they are easy to get up and running with a good cleanout. I have one that I cleaned and filled about a year ago which goes beautifully every time even if I leave it months between uses.
    I have to admit my error here mate! I must have been referring to one I had recently cleaned out. Oh they do get badly clogged up, and having tried soaking in all sorts of concoctions (including Meths - which doesn't harm the plastic), I had to resort to pulling the piston/needle out of the nib housing to thoroughly clean it out. Not a job for the faint-hearted! Brain surgeon or at least jeweller's skills required! Aligning the needle then fitting the spring clip back is lots of fun.
    Obviously the finer the nib the more dicey it is. I've just done an 0.3 which went well, now to try an 0.5 - should be easier. Perhaps with the correct rOtring cleaning fluid it might be possible just to soak out the grunge, but I doubt it.
    At least we know now that meths will clean the old ink (It's waterproof ink of course, so water doesn't cut it).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joolstacho For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (December 20th, 2022)

Thanks

These pen can be cleaned with out Any cleaning fluids or Meths . Need a lot of patiences and time leaving to soaking. I have a great collection of these pens and the vintage pens are a real fun too. there are several piston fillers too. Once they get to work they are the best liners for many art work too.
    I am looking for rOtring in in 250ml. bottles there are getting disappeared forever. Using the small one are way expensive so this is a marketing trip I guess.

Thanks

I am waiting for another Rotring Pen Haul. Good technical pens and three includes a Pen Box set of Rotring 600 Fountain pen and a ball point pen.