Thread: FS: Limited Edition Pelikan Dragonfly Maki-e

Thanks

Default FS: Limited Edition Pelikan Dragonfly Maki-e

This is a difficult fountain pen to part with. I am listing my Pelikan Dragonfly Maki-e fountain pen for sale. This is a limited edition fountain pen that was issued by Pelikan; only 111 were made.

As seen from the pictures, the maki-e work is extensive and beautiful. I’ve used the pen (I use all my fountain pens as they are writing instruments), but I’ve been careful in my usage and have always stored the pen in a pen kimono when not in use, or in a covered pen tray. I would rate the condition to be like new condition. This comes with a fine nib. I can provide more pictures upon reasonable request. The pen will come with a fine nib, and the original box.

I am asking for $3100 shipped in the USA via PayPal Goods & Services, OBO. Thanks for taking the time to look.

I have sold several pens on The Fountain Pen Network and have feedback on eBay.

Here is description of the pen found on Pelikan’s website:

“Limited Edition

Dragonfly

Dragonflies are famous for their exceptional flying properties. As they only fly forward and never go backwards, they are considered as a lucky symbol in Japanese mythology representing endurance and perseverance. During the age of wars in Japan, Samurai used the design of dragonflies as an ornament for their ordnance.

There are five dragonflies vividly drawn on the beautiful background of the fountain pen barrel. This background depicts ‘Tsugigami”, a traditional Japanese paper made by connecting various pieces of paper. The image of the dragonfly is created by using many different Maki-e techniques such as Raden, Byakutan-nuri, Kawarinuri and Togidashi-Taka-Maki-e.
    The “Dragonfly” is a masterpiece that combines the craftsmanship of Pelikan Germany based on 179 years of tradition and technology coupled with superior Japanese traditional Maki-e painting techniques.
    Each fountain pen has the Pelikan logo on the crown, a limited edition number and the artist’s signature drawn in by hand using Maki-e techniques. This series is limited to an edition of 111 pieces worldwide. Each fountain pen is equipped with an 18 carat, twotone gold nib and is encased in a traditional Japanese pen box made of paulownia wood.”

Here’s an article on the pen on The Pelikans Perch https://thepelikansperch.com/2017/09...fly-announced/.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hawpunchjbp; December 17th, 2022 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Limited Edition Pelikan Dragonfly Maki-e

Still for sale!

Thanks

Up for sale

Thanks

Up, willing to entertain reasonable offers .

Thanks

Up, still for sale! Putting up some additional pens for sale soon.

Thanks

Up, priced reduced to $3000 shipped in the USA OBO.