Thread: Ian Williamson RIP

Thanks

Default Ian Williamson RIP

I am sorry to announce the death of Ian Williamson in November after a long period of ill health, bravely fought.

Ian was the Chairman and driving force behind the Writing Equipment Society which sought to encourage the study and use of all types of writing equipment and especially its collection and repair, to that aim he organised pen repair classes both on line and in a classroom, he had no problem in bringing in experts to provide practical tuition borne out of experience, the result of that is that many present day repair persons refined their skills at WES classes and enthusiastic amateurs were shown the right way to perform a task.

Ian also developed a full calendar of pen shows throughout England, always popular and well attended.

I fear no prospect of contradiction when I say that Ian did more for the hobby of pen collecting, research and repair than any other single person, certainly in the UK, possibly around the World.

I have known Ian for over 15 years and, unlike many of us, I can say that he made a difference.

He will be missed.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; December 19th, 2022 at 10:39 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (December 21st, 2022), carlos.q (December 19th, 2022), catbert (December 19th, 2022), channelsixtynine069 (December 29th, 2022), da vinci (December 19th, 2022), Deb (December 20th, 2022), Jon Szanto (December 19th, 2022), kazoolaw (December 21st, 2022), Lady Onogaro (December 20th, 2022), manoeuver (December 19th, 2022), Robalone (December 19th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Ian Williamson RIP

RIP Ian. My condolences to Ian’s family and friends. I agree with everything you say RobJohnson..