Thread: Two-factor question/issue

Thanks

Default Two-factor question/issue

I can log in on my home computer, ONLY IF I am at home, but not from anywhere else. Because my two-factor app says "Account disabled" on my phone, I cannot change the number or reconnect. "Reconnect" sends me to my settings, which I can't change unless I have the two-factor code. Catch 22. Any suggestions? As I type I am thinking I should try from my old phone, but not feeling hopeful.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Re: Two-factor question/issue

I'm not sure how well FPGeeks is set up for phones so it may be common that is doesn't work on some. The two-factor format might need updating on here. I've never tried to use it via my iPhone but used to successfully use it through Tapatalk on my Android phone.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (December 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Try to connect from phone using a web browser(firefox, chrome), not with tapatalk.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usk15 For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 21st, 2022), Marsilius (December 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Was not using Tapatalk already, this is all from my laptop and phone:

On my phone, my duo-mobile app says "Account disabled", and "Reconnect", which leads to advice to log in here and set up two-factor verification using mobileapp. When I click on Two-Factor in Settings here, my only choice of clicking on this:

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 8.55.45 AM.jpg

The resulting dialogue is this, with not way to respond, since I can't get a recovery key from my phone without setting up my two-factor notification here, which I can't do unless my account is activated on my phone!:

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 8.55.53 AM.jpg

The good news is I can still log in from home . . . and therefore can't "waste" my time here from anywhere else . . . where is one of my genius kids when I need them?
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Problem Resolved:
    I went into my drawer and found my old phone and there inside the duomobile app was the verification code. Maybe this thread will be useful if anyone else has a similar issue . . . or just wants a laugh at some bungler

Oh yes, and don't forget to take a screen shot of your first verification code and qrcode when you set it up again!
    Last edited by Marsilius; December 21st, 2022 at 11:21 AM.
    Fortibus es in ero

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsilius For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 21st, 2022)

Thanks

The way to express affection for gifts doesn't need enormous or lavishly costly gifts. It tends to be notes, Cds, blossoms, or leaving a baked good. These little gifts are a badge of affection to the provider or collector. Individuals who need gifts feel approved when you burn through cash and additional time choosing something for them. Frequently, the truism the idea counts truly applies here. You want presents assuming that you think or stand by tensely so that occasions or birthday celebrations could see what your friends and family could get you. Gifts are normally a major test in connections for individuals who communicate in a way to express affection for gifts. Get more information love language test

Thanks

Some two-factor authentication apps provide backup options, such as backup codes or alternative authentication methods. If you have these backup options set up or available, try using them to log in.