Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's definitely time to talk about Hunter's laptop.

Thanks

Default Re: It's definitely time to talk about Hunter's laptop.

🫢🫢🫢

Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,319 Posts

It's amazing the amount of effort Chip will spend citing certain news sources absolute and dismissing others as poppycock.

Just look at the data. The FBI had the laptop in 2019. How do you think Hunter got charged for the back taxes?

This is the very thing we the people know politicians do. Here it is, out in the open because a drug abusing son never got his shit together. He lost at like 3 computers in the previous 18 months. It's a human at it's bottom. It's sad actually. But it's also an idiot running around connected to a U.S. President and former VP. Happened to be a democrat, and that's their grift. Kushner's got his too. So do lots of folks and there's a reason the 5 richest counties in America are the ones in Maryland and Virginia that border D.C.

The only reason this is even debatable is that politics has become so partisan that the sides perceive the world as two distinct realities.

The world is so absurd that we can actually point out Orwell's warning in real time.

--edit--

Some posted their political bias/leaning charts in a different thread. People literally can be described by this meme in today's world, and we're seeing it here.

PNG image 12.png
    Last edited by dneal; January 1st, 2023 at 04:28 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    It's amazing the amount of effort dneal will spend citing certain "news" sources (Project Veritas, FOX, Breitbart, NY Post) absolute (?) and dismissing others as poppycock.
    Absolute what?

I don't mind spending a half hour in search of the truth. How long did it take you to assemble that soggy tissue of lies?

It just occurred to me that most so-called conservatives are so slobberingly stupid that they can read a Borowitz satire as straight news.

Is that your problem?

Thanks

You don't even get that the depth of your comments are Facebook troll level partisan, do you? The pettiness.

You're an adult human living in the 21st century, and brag about spitting on door knobs. That's something you learn not to do when you're 5 and a grandma smacks you for it.

Not just any door knob, mind you; "fascist" doorknobs. Seriously.

And even though it's so absurd you have TSherbs thinking it's not a bad idea. Replace "Nazi" with "Trumpian" in the chart above and you have Chuck.

It's not the other guy, so you pretend this laptop doesn't exist; and in the next breath say the other guy is doing this or worse.

This is that worse. A Vice President's son getting a $5M forgivable loan from China. Think he paid that back?

You're so partisan you naturally assume I must be the other side (see chart above). They ALL DO IT. It's just the bumbling old Democrat's son that got caught in a very stupid way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (January 1st, 2023)

Thanks

You don't even get that the depth of your comments are Facebook troll level partisan, do you? The pettiness.

You're an adult human living in the 21st century, and brag about spitting on door knobs. That's something you learn not to do when you're 5 and a grandma smacks you for it.

Not just any door knob, mind you; "fascist" doorknobs. Seriously.

And even though it's so absurd you have TSherbs thinking it's not a bad idea. Replace "Nazi" with "Trumpian" in the chart above and you have Chuck.

It's not the other guy, so you pretend this laptop doesn't exist; and in the next breath say the other guy is doing this or worse.

This is that worse. A Vice President's son getting a $5M forgivable loan from China. Think he paid that back?

You're so partisan you naturally assume I must be the other side (see chart above). They ALL DO IT. It's just the bumbling old Democrat's son that got caught in a very stupid way.
    AMEN!!

Thanks

Unfortunately Biden can’t pay his son’s debts off and use it as a tax deduction.

Thanks

Fortunately, attorney Kevin Morris wrote the THREE MILLION DOLLAR check to pay Hunter’s back taxes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Read a passage in a spy novel, Real Tigers by Mick Herron, that strongly reminded me you.

"That . . . hints at a military background. It's not unusual for online warriors to big themselves up. . .

To all appearances, 'BigSeanD' fitted snugly into the online community, where the prevailing attitude resembled what you'd get if you spliced the DNA of an only child, a Daily Mail (NY Post?) reader, and a viciously toxic bacillus: an organism that was self-obsessed, full of pent-up rage, and sprayed poisonous shit everywhere. Symptoms include . . . the dismissal of all dissent as Establishment toadying, and a blinding ignorance of Occam's razor."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (January 2nd, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Read a passage in a spy novel, Real Tigers by Mick Herron, that strongly reminded me you.

"That . . . hints at a military background. It's not unusual for online warriors to big themselves up. . .

To all appearances, 'BigSeanD' fitted snugly into the online community, where the prevailing attitude resembled what you'd get if you spliced the DNA of an only child, a Daily Mail (NY Post?) reader, and a viciously toxic bacillus: an organism that was self-obsessed, full of pent-up rage, and sprayed poisonous shit everywhere. Symptoms include . . . the dismissal of all dissent as Establishment toadying, and a blinding ignorance of Occam's razor."
    You have no idea how this captures all the things about yourself that you project, do you?

Let's see... "Online warrior bigging himself up"? Who posted about being a big, mean intimidating hombre?

Self-obsessed, full of pent up rage spraying poisonous shit everywhere? You think that refers to me? when you're the guy who brags about spitting on fascist doorknobs? How many threads turn into your picture fest of your self-obsession? Look at me! I'm on a dinghy! Look at me! I'm a cowboy! Look at me! I'm hiking!

"Dismissal of all dissent"? Everything that triggers you gets labeled and dismissed.

Amazing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (January 2nd, 2023)

Thanks

You have no idea how this captures all the things about yourself that you project, do you?

Let's see... "Online warrior bigging himself up"? Who posted about being a big, mean intimidating hombre?

Self-obsessed, full of pent up rage spraying poisonous shit everywhere? You think that refers to me? when you're the guy who brags about spitting on fascist doorknobs? How many threads turn into your picture fest of your self-obsession? Look at me! I'm on a dinghy! Look at me! I'm a cowboy! Look at me! I'm hiking!

"Dismissal of all dissent"? Everything that triggers you gets labeled and dismissed.

Amazing.
    Spot on!

All hail the Hypocrite King!!

Thanks

“He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

How Did Hunter Biden's Laptop Allegedly Go from a Repair Shop in Delaware to the New York Post?

News reports identified the hard drive's source as a computer repair shop owner in Delaware.
    Let's see: Chip's post dated January 1, 2023 cites a NYT article from 2020. Anything happen in between those dates?

Maybe this?

"People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity. Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.(emphasis added)
    NYT March 16, 2022 (article behind a paywall)

Thanks

I cannot personally imagine abandoning a laptop at a repair shop. I could more imagine a repair shop dragging their feet or just providing poor service.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Matt Bai column on Hunter Biden situation. I mostly agree:

https://wapo.st/3xdQI9F

(gifted access)

Thanks

Hunter pleads guilty on a gun felony and two tax misdemeanors. I wonder what the basis for the tax charges is?

IMG_0367.jpeg

Thanks

*crickets*, not surprisingly.

I wonder if Don Jr. would’ve been charged with misdemeanors for not declaring $1.5m in income?

I wonder if a black man would have received a slap on the wrist for a felony gun charge? I also wonder where all the systemic racism folks are at, and why they aren’t shouting from the rooftops?

Thanks

I would think that if Don, Jr. admitted his tax evasion he would have been treated the same. The Trumps are known for never admitting anything wrong. I don't know about Hunter, but Don, Jr., according to his cousin, isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. And surely the Kusher and soon to be the ex-president are going to benefit from their Saudi relationships formed while in office for which was allowed to occur. I am just bringing this up since false equivalencies are abounding in your post.

There is systemic racism. That's not an opinion, but an historical fact.

Thanks

Hypocrisy is inherently a false equivalency. I’m pointing out the hypocrisy. Thanks for admitting it though.

Thanks

Accusing hypocrisy seems to be a popular substitute for substance here lately.

Thanks

I’m simply pointing it out.