Thread: Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 29th, 2022), catbert (December 29th, 2022), Chrissy (December 29th, 2022), junglejim (December 29th, 2022), rickap (December 29th, 2022), Robert (December 29th, 2022), Yazeh (December 29th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 Times in 2,278 Posts

Default Re: Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

Thank you for another excellent review. It seems to me that there are many blues in the same shade. Do you have a favorite? For me it seems to be murky greens, btw

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

I have several dark blues because I could get away with using them at work. I'm retired now and can use brighter hues, and different colors even My reviews are oriented to filling the gaps in the review index, with the inks I have. I could do Edelstein Sapphire or Topaz, for example; but they're already covered. I don't think we need another Kon-Peki review.

As for this shade, my favorite is probably GvFC Cobalt Blue. It's also water-resistant (GvFC says "indelible", but that's stretching the truth, I think). Their Midnight Blue isn't bad either.

I use a lot of Bleu Nuit (and Eclat de Saphir) for nib tuning.

I've rediscovered Magnetic Blue also, because of these reviews.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 29th, 2022), Yazeh (December 29th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 Times in 2,278 Posts

Thanks. I get where you're coming from. Both colour wise and gap wise. I'm glad now you can use flash-y colours In the same situation, I probably would have used subversive colours which are dark enough but not 100% kosher
    I sometime like to review, inks reviewed to death, to bring a new perspective, or visit an old favorite. After all ink reviews are subjective...