Thread: Ink Review: Papier & Stift Lust for Write - Diamine Exclusive

Thanks
    Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,018 Posts

Default Ink Review: Papier & Stift Lust for Write - Diamine Exclusive

Lust for Write is one of three new Diamine exclusive inks available from Papier & Stift, Germany.

I have all three of these unsaturated blue or blue grey inks to review. Lust for Write is a light blue. More blue than Hey Ho Let’s Write.

This is what Papier & Stift say about “Lust for Write”

It took a long time before we were able to come up with an exclusive ink again.*Or actually to three exclusive inks.*This time our special love lies on the shading of the inks: each of the three exclusive inks has a special, almost two-tone shading.*
    In "Lust for write" there is a slightly violet shading with a medium blue base color.

I tested Lust for Write on Tomoe River 52gsm paper in my Seven Seas Writer Journal as well as on Rhodia Dot Pad paper and in a Paperblanks Journal. I prefer how it looks on white paper.

It has lovely shading and a distinct colour shift as it dries. It starts off as a light blue then changes to a more lilac shade as it dries. I love the colour and it’s a well behaved ink.

I had no problems at all with its flow or lubrication and didn’t find it too light to write letters with when using nibs as wide as M or wider. It looked a bit lighter when using my EF and F nibs.

No show through or bleed through. Not water proof.

Sailor Manyo Ha Ha is lighter and slightly bluer but has similar shading.

Lust for Write 1.jpegLust for Write 2.jpeg
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 4th, 2023 at 10:31 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

catbert (December 30th, 2022), dneal (December 30th, 2022), junglejim (December 30th, 2022), LizEF (January 4th, 2023), PithyProlix (January 4th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (December 30th, 2022), TSherbs (January 4th, 2023), Yazeh (December 30th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink Review: Papier & Stift Lust for Write - Diamine Exclusive

Oohh! Inky comparrisons. Love the bottles.
    Add Lightness and Simplicate

Thanks
    Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,279 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmachanic View Post
    Yep there, cute aren't they

Thanks
    Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmachanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Yep there, cute aren't they
    There is a wonderful story about these bottles. Both of them have come here from across the pond. The first one - a Pelikan style bottle - was a surprise gift from one of my friends and I always use it in my Col-o-Ring card books. After I had visited what has now become the Space City Pen Club Zoom meetings for a while I saw some of them used the "tall faceted bottle." Both stamps were originally available through The Well Appointed Desk but that particular faceted bottle stamp was soon discontinued. An arrangement was eventually made with The Well Appointed Desk that I could get a faceted bottle stamp made exactly like the original sized one (not the later, smaller, version) and one of my Houston friends was kind enough to let me have it sent to his address after purchase and he then sent it to the UK for me. I haven't had it long but have already used it in my Col-O-Dex rotary card index after I thought I had run out of Col-O-Rings. Since then I found a new Col-O-Ring in a drawer. Now I can use both stamps.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (January 4th, 2023)