Thread: EFNIR: Platinum Pigment Blue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 563 Posts

Default EFNIR: Platinum Pigment Blue

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Platinum Pigment Blue

This is review #217 in my series. Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: I used my Penmanship, in case of staining. Cleaning was fairly easy, but it did want to clean to the inside of the section. Plan for a pen flush or swab to aid you in a full cleaning. This is that shade of blue that makes me yawn. Apparently I had something (probably glitter from the last ink) stuck in the tines, so it wrote super dry and pale until I flossed the tines, and then wrote how you see it in the review.

I did fade testing on this ink - see below for the image (no fading). The microscope slide was dull as could be, so no picture.

Happy tears of silk worms.

Zoomed in photo (Too pale, possibly too blue (I think it needs a little blurple).)

Screenshot (Not too far off.)

Scan of Completed Review (This seems to be the closest in color.)

Absorbent Paper Close-up (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper) (Both are too pale.)

Line width (One of the lines used for dry time. Magnification is 100x. The grid is 100x100µm. The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each. The line width for this ink is roughly 310µm. With 217 inks measured, the average line width is 295µm.)

Water Test Results (This seems to show color the best, particularly the darker, small text explaining the need to floss.)

Lightfastness Test (From 2016, after hanging in a south-facing window for 2 years.)

Previous Review: Jacques Herbin Gris Orage.

Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

View a list of my inks, complete with review results in a google sheet.

Need to catch up on The Adventures of Quin and Makhabesh? Find the whole story here.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

catbert (January 24th, 2023), Jon Szanto (January 24th, 2023), JulieParadise (January 25th, 2023), junglejim (January 24th, 2023), Lloyd (January 24th, 2023), mizgeorge (January 24th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (January 24th, 2023), Yazeh (January 24th, 2023)