Thread: Deleting photos from Manage Attachments Home folder

Thanks

Default Deleting photos from Manage Attachments Home folder

I want to delete old and no longer used photos from the home folder in the Manage Attachments function. These are the photos at the top of the window. I can select them all but I don't see a delete function.

Is there a way?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 563 Posts

Default Re: Deleting photos from Manage Attachments Home folder

As far as I can tell, there is no way, though unused photos are deleted about an hour after upload. I don't know whether photos no longer used in any threads will get picked up by this "cleanup routine" or not. I'd guess if they're still there a couple hours (or a day?) after you removed them from any threads / posts, then the automated process won't remove them and you'd need a mod or admin. (But I don't think there are mods or an admin.)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Deleting photos from Manage Attachments Home folder

Quote Originally Posted by markofp View Post
    I want to delete old and no longer used photos from the home folder in the Manage Attachments function. These are the photos at the top of the window. I can select them all but I don't see a delete function.

Is there a way?
    If you are using the Manage Attachments box and you are editing the post that you wish to delete the attachment from then you need to click on and drag the attachment down to the bottom of the MA box if it's not already showing down in the bottom of the box. Once it's in the bottom of the box you click on the bottom corner to select it then click on the cross at top right to delete it. A confirm box will come up. It will remain there for up to an hour after you have deleted it but it will disappear. To ensure it completely disappears from your post without leaving unused links you still need to ensure in your post that you scroll down to the Manage Attachments box and delete the lines of text in there.

You can also delete any of your attachments/images in your Settings (top right) then scrolling down to Attachments at the bottom of the left hand column but if you're in there you have to go through and find them bearing in mind you might have many pages of attachments.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 24th, 2023 at 11:49 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

LizEF (January 25th, 2023)