Thread: Shipping time from Cult Pens

Thanks

Default Shipping time from Cult Pens

I ordered a pen from Cult Pens on Jan 17. It’s now Jan 27. How long shot it take to get to US west coast?

Thanks

Default Re: Shipping time from Cult Pens

They should have given you tracking info. Every time I ordered from them the longest delay was US Customs where it has spent up to a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Last nite on tracking was Jan 20, then nothing

Thanks

That’s “last note”,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,246 Posts

Who is the carrier? They should have a target delivery window. However, because of the Royal Mail outage on international post after the ransomware attack, it's a fairly safe bet that every package from the UK is delayed a little. Coupled with the perennial issues with US customs, I wouldn't be getting worried for a while yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

The outage incident that affected Royal Mail was reported as happening on January 10th so it would be worth asking Cult Pens which carrier they used as Royal Mail immediately requested users to not send any international parcels. They definitely could not pay for an international service or print any labels via the online service as the service was subsequently halted altogether. If Cult Pens did try to use Royal Mail around 17th then I wouldn't have expected to see any tracking at all. Parcel Force is still operating.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,246 Posts

Chrissy, the real problem is the knock on effect it's had on all the other carriers - I would normally use RM, but have been having to use alternatives for the last couple of weeks (which has been hugely expensive for me), but with the exception of the super expedited express services, all have been delayed by days and even weeks as they try to take on the extra volume.

As of yesterday, we can send tracked/insured mail again, but still no standard or untracked items. I'm waiting until next week before I take my backlog in, though I suspect many others will have the same idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I can imagine that's what has been happening but hopefully the carriers are able to more or less stick to their originally quoted time scales for their services. As far as it goes I wouldn't be particularly concerned at this point if I had placed an international order on 17th January. I might ask Cult Pens when it might be expected.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

I just got my supply from cult few days ago. it was ordered last week end and everything here in Uk is back to normal. Royal Mail is in it's usual pace and I did lot of orders and they all came back smoothly. I even had some orders from USA they were all delivered as usually, through the carriers as Royal Mail.
    I don't know what is happening overseas and is it something to do with the Royal Mail ???