Page 102 of 178 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3559

Thread: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Thanks

Default Re: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

this baby needs to hurry up and come home to papa!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aleks For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (December 29th, 2014), earthdawn (January 4th, 2015), GING GING (January 6th, 2015), VertOlive (December 29th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

I may get through 2015 without buying another pen. Hey, stranger things have happened. I'd like to sell more of my extras than I get new ones. That's more likely, although since I have yet to sell anything on the Internet, I'm sure there are surprises awaiting me.

But toward the end of 2014, on an impulse, I decided to add one more nation to the selection of pens I have, and ordered a blue Delta Serena. It arrived, but I had some serious problems with the nib. So it went back, and now I'm waiting for its replacement.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaputnik View Post
    But toward the end of 2014, on an impulse, I decided to add one more nation to the selection of pens I have, and ordered a blue Delta Serena. It arrived, but I had some serious problems with the nib. So it went back, and now I'm waiting for its replacement.
    What type of problems did the nib have ?
    Was it a steel or a fusion nib ?

I find my Serena feels a more slim and compact pen than most of the Delta range, among those I have.
    Mine has quite a nice steel fine nib which goes well with Edelstein Garnet.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post

I find my Serena feels a more slim and compact pen than most of the Delta range, among those I have.
    Probably just an anomaly. I hope so, since I had read good things about Deltas.

But the platinum coated steel nib felt scratchy. Under a loupe the tines seemed aligned, but it also appeared that there was virtually no tipping material on the underside; it was all on the top. And looking at the underside, it was very scratched up, as if someone had attacked it with rough sandpaper. I've never seen a nib on a new pen looking like that.

I think somehow one pen got sent out with a damaged nib. Although I won't mention the seller until this is resolved, it's someone who I'm sure will make it right.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post

Probably just an anomaly. I hope so, since I had read good things about Deltas.

But the platinum coated steel nib felt scratchy. Under a loupe the tines seemed aligned, but it also appeared that there was virtually no tipping material on the underside; it was all on the top. And looking at the underside, it was very scratched up, as if someone had attacked it with rough sandpaper. I've never seen a nib on a new pen looking like that.

I think somehow one pen got sent out with a damaged nib. Although I won't mention the seller until this is resolved, it's someone who I'm sure will make it right.
    Gee, I just looked at mine under a loop and yes there is next to no tipping on the underside of the tip and only a slight amount on the top ! Strange indeed. Still it writes ok. My was a pearl red Italian edition from Martemodernusa with gunmetal trim and nib. I hope your issues are soon resolved to your satisfaction as the Serena is a nice pen for the price.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Ohhhhh me oh my ........

Hoping it will be here this week....

PS ~ Dans video review just pushed me over the edge and I have been obsessively searching as my P.A.D. was overtaking my daily life till I acquired it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Aleks (January 4th, 2015), Bogon07 (January 4th, 2015), Crazyorange (January 4th, 2015), gbryal (January 4th, 2015), writingrav (January 4th, 2015), ypsilanti (January 5th, 2015)

Thanks

I had been staring at pictures of the #3776 Century Bourgogne and I really like the translucent dark red. I spent some time looking for a cheaper alternative, like a red Phileas, but it wasn't the same. The way Platinum photographs the nib almost makes me hungry looking at it. So I opted for a soft-fine, ordered from Japan, hopefully it's as advertised.

Thanks

A Diplomat Balance C

Thanks

Just placed an order for a Delta Serena in Blue Shimmer with a fine nib. Got an excellent price on it.

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

I am waiting for a Sailor Sapporo black and gold with fine nib and a Lamy Safari charcoal with optional 1.1mm italic nib. Me thinks that will be all for me. No more pens.

Thanks

I'm waiting on a Visconti Divina Midi, will try not to buy anything else until DC......hope this resolution holds.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'm waiting on a Visconti Divina Midi, will try not to buy anything else until DC......hope this resolution holds.
    Did you get it from the sale at chatterley?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

Yes. Bryant was great to deal with on the phone. Call after noon as he is on the west coast.

Thanks

Yes. Bryant was great to deal with on the phone. Call after noon as he is on the west coast.
    I also bought a visconti from the sale. Got divina with the crystals. The price was too good to pass up. I'm with you....so much for not buying another pen. That lasted about 3 week.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

I also bought a visconti from the sale. Got divina with the crystals. The price was too good to pass up. I'm with you....so much for not buying another pen. That lasted about 3 week.
    Black or peau d'ange? I will be interested to hear what you think about it. I have one of the latter and find it so uncomfortable to hold because after a bit the crystals bite into your hand no matter the writing position. But they are so lovely!

Thanks

Romillo Eo #9 - Terracotta ebonite with a 1.0 mm stub
    Edison/Hakumin Pearl with Kara-nuri finish and M nib

Both were major purchases for me and I can't wait for them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post

Black or peau d'ange? I will be interested to hear what you think about it. I have one of the latter and find it so uncomfortable to hold because after a bit the crystals bite into your hand no matter the writing position. But they are so lovely!
    Yup...got the peau dange. I sort of have memories seeing yours....very pretty but uncomfortable. But I couldn't resist the pink and sparkle....how many pens scream a ladies pen? Maybe when I hold it, the pain will remind me not to buy more pens????

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Yup...got the peau dange. I sort of have memories seeing yours....very pretty but uncomfortable. But I couldn't resist the pink and sparkle....how many pens scream a ladies pen? Maybe when I hold it, the pain will remind me not to buy more pens????
    Unfortunately no, the pain suggests that you need another pen that is more comfortable. Slippery damn slope.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unfortunately no, the pain suggests that you need another pen that is more comfortable. Slippery damn slope.
    You'll only need to hold it while you sign the cheque or credit card when you are having your breakfast at Tiffanys.

Such a pretty pen but I wish Visconti did one in the Desert Springs/Cosmopolitan II style with no crystals or metal bars on the barrel.

Neo, which colour Divina did you go for ?

Waiting on a Visconti Gulliver and a Delta BriBri; not a good start to "2015 - the year of less pen purchases" as the Pilot Custom 823 is also targeted.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just ordered two more Pilot Metropolitans - but one's the gel kind, and the other's the ballpoint. I figure having a couple of non-disposable ballpoint and/or gel pens are good to have around, I like Pilot in general, and I know what the build on the Metropolitan is like, so these two should be fairly similar.