Page 103 of 178 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3559

Thread: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Thanks

Default Re: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

I'm awaiting a Pilot Classic 74 in black from Japan, a Monteverde Prima in Tiger's Eye and a Jinhao X750 in black. That's my budget blown for the next few months...

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

I'm waiting for a Sailor Sapporo fine nib and a TWSBI Mini 1.1mm italic nib.

Thanks

Waiting for a Pelikan P67 (A Pelikano Junior Blue Fountain Pen). I have a orange plastic Pelikan that is a great writer, hopefully this one will be equal.

Thanks

A vintage piston-filling Kaweco with an ink window. No clue on what it is, if I'll need to restore it, if the nib is even usable, but I'm excited for my first vintage piston filer.

Thanks

A 3667 Platinum I hope that is the right number. I went to a Japan website to find this pen with a Coarse or what I hope is a double broad nib. Burgundy colour was chosen for the barrel.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

I was expecting a Pilot Custom 74 from Japan. What arrived today was a cheap Pilot Cavalier. To say I'm not happy is a gross understatement-especially after a two week wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 795 Posts

I am waiting for this vintage Pelikan 400 with a KM nib to arrive from Spain:

0001.jpeg

0008.jpeg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 19th, 2015), Cob (January 22nd, 2015), klpeabody (January 19th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Apart from one or two others, this batch of Onotos; yes one has a Swan nib and another a Phillips, and some have no nibs at all, but plenty of fun coming up in trying to fix some of them up!

Cob
    (Seller's pictures)

Batch 2.JPGBatch 1.JPG

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

Murfie (January 22nd, 2015), Scrawler (January 22nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    Apart from one or two others, this batch of Onotos; yes one has a Swan nib and another a Phillips, and some have no nibs at all, but plenty of fun coming up in trying to fix some of them up!

Cob
    If I were still collecting pens, we would be in direct competition. I have seen almost all of your posts and the pens that you prefer are also the ones I do. I have one Onoto which needs a new cork, so that I can write with it. Mine is an early one, made prior to WWI, probably 1906-8. Is your intent to restore and sell these? I have dipped and written with mine. I like the larger/longer style in the hand and the focus on function not decoration. The reason I am not collecting is that until I have all my pens in working order and I am writing with them, I do not need any more. Your pens here all have very good imprint. The filling system was really well thought through and carefully hand made. The problem was in the materials available to make them from, so when restored they must be wet with ink at all times to prevent shrinkage and crumbling of the cork plug.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Cob (January 22nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Cob
    (Seller's pictures)

Batch 2.JPGBatch 1.JPG
    What's the name of the one with gold threads? Great eye candy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    If I were still collecting pens, we would be in direct competition. I have seen almost all of your posts and the pens that you prefer are also the ones I do. I have one Onoto which needs a new cork, so that I can write with it. Mine is an early one, made prior to WWI, probably 1906-8. Is your intent to restore and sell these? I have dipped and written with mine. I like the larger/longer style in the hand and the focus on function not decoration. The reason I am not collecting is that until I have all my pens in working order and I am writing with them, I do not need any more. Your pens here all have very good imprint. The filling system was really well thought through and carefully hand made. The problem was in the materials available to make them from, so when restored they must be wet with ink at all times to prevent shrinkage and crumbling of the cork plug.

Hullo, and thanks for that. I am very over-extended with pen purchases so sales must continue; I have five up at the moment and another four or five will go up today. Yes I like the very old pens - the one I added yesterday in "acquisitions" is extremely old - probably pre-over/under thus made in the earliest years of the 20th century.

Thankfully we can get the bits and tools to fix them: I have had some piston fillers that are irreparable, simply owing to lack of parts.

Thanks for your interest.

Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

Cob
    (Seller's pictures)

Batch 2.JPGBatch 1.JPG
    What's the name of the one with gold threads? Great eye candy
    Haven't a clue I'm afraid!

Cob

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

Couldn't resist this; I am mad. Funny thing it was not all expensive for what it is and I was the only bidder; I cannot understand it. Usually there's a big punch-up over these; I hope I haven't er, made a ricket! (Seller's pictures of course).

Cob

Red Ripple.JPG

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

ainterne (January 23rd, 2015), Bogon07 (January 23rd, 2015), Crazyorange (January 22nd, 2015), RuiFromUK (January 23rd, 2015), Scrawler (January 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Couldn't resist this; I am mad. Funny thing it was not all expensive for what it is and I was the only bidder; I cannot understand it. Usually there's a big punch-up over these; I hope I haven't er, made a ricket! (Seller's pictures of course).

Cob

Red Ripple.JPG
    Post pics when it arrives. Looks like a beauty.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

ainterne (January 23rd, 2015), Cob (January 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Yes it does look nice - and yes I'll report in new arrivals when it gets here - it is coming from abroad. Not showing off, but I cannot believe how cheap it was.

C.

Non-participant
    Thanks

Yes it does look nice - and yes I'll report in new arrivals when it gets here - it is coming from abroad. Not showing off, but I cannot believe how cheap it was.
    Great pickup Cob. You must bring it to the February Geeks' meeting so we can have a look and a test write with it. Migo is currently making very posh envelopes at a great rate of knots. Another shipment of printed paper arrived at the doorstop at 8am this morning. We'll bring some examples to the meeting. Cheers ...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Cob (January 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Cob
    There is a large overlap between you interest and mine. Normally I might have been punching you to get one of these, but due to a variety of circumstances I have ceased purchasing and fixing up pens. I know how much I would enjoy writing with this pen, so I know how much you are going to enjoy it. I am really glad for you and I am as pleased that you got what you consider a good deal. I hope you are chuckling to yourself, as I would have been.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Cob (January 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    Great pickup Cob. You must bring it to the February Geeks' meeting so we can have a look and a test write with it. Migo is currently making very posh envelopes at a great rate of knots. Another shipment of printed paper arrived at the doorstop at 8am this morning. We'll bring some examples to the meeting. Cheers ...
    Hullo.

I certianly will; and nothing to do as the seller says it has a new sac. Just as well too as I now have a pile of stuff to work one. I shall also bring a cuple of Onotos for View from the Loft to look at!

I hope Migo will bring some of her envelopes; I am looking worward to seeing some of those.

Rgds

Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post

Cob
    There is a large overlap between you interest and mine. Normally I might have been punching you to get one of these, but due to a variety of circumstances I have ceased purchasing and fixing up pens. I know how much I would enjoy writing with this pen, so I know how much you are going to enjoy it. I am really glad for you and I am as pleased that you got what you consider a good deal. I hope you are chuckling to yourself, as I would have been.
    Thanks for that Scrawler.

I am very baffled about this - I hope it's OK; no other bidders and I promise you, it was cheap indeed.

Watch this space as they say! It should arrive next week.

Best wishes

Cob

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 23rd, 2015), Scrawler (January 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

C.
    Ohh....show off.....I love hearing about a great bargain for a drop dead beautiful pen. It's half the excitement!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Cob (January 23rd, 2015)