Page 125 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3559

Thread: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Thanks

Default Re: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Waiting for a Parker Falcon Signet (gold) as it ships from Italy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wangminze For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (October 15th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpsyed View Post
    =] Yes, once I've had a few weeks to get to know the pens, I'll definitely post a review! There's a couple threads on FPN about Eboya but no real reviews, unfortunately.

I hope you'll share pictures of your Scriptorium Master Scrivener! I have a custom design flat-top Scriptorium on order but I still have around three months to wait. It'll be my first Scriptorium pen.
    Yay! Looking forward to a real Eboya pen review.

And sure, I'll post pictures of my Master Scrivener. Especially since Renee of Scriptorium Pens will take pictures herself, and I just need to post them. I'll have to wait another 2-3 months for my pen, but I'm using it as an opportunity to practice patience.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Fountain Pen For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (October 16th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fountain Pen View Post
    Yay! Looking forward to a real Eboya pen review.

And sure, I'll post pictures of my Master Scrivener. Especially since Renee of Scriptorium Pens will take pictures herself, and I just need to post them. I'll have to wait another 2-3 months for my pen, but I'm using it as an opportunity to practice patience.
    The Eboya arrived today! Here's some quick pictures; I'll do a full review after a few weeks of use.

Eboya Kyouka with some popular pens

Eboya medium-size nib and Lamy Safari nib

Eboya logo machine engraved into the barrel

Eboya ebonite feed, which I assume is made in-house. It looks really cool!

Eboya nib/section and ink-stop mechanism.

I've filled it up with Sailor Miruai. It takes over 3ml of ink. Nibs.com lists 4ml as being the capacity, which is probably right. I didn't fill it all the way. I ordered it with a medium nib, and asked Mottishaw to tune it for generous ink flow. It's very smooth! Really light pen, too, and comfortable in the hand. For those looking for a Japanese eyedropper that isn't in a Mikado or Namiki Emperor, I think Eboya is a great option.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

bluesea (October 17th, 2015), Bogon07 (October 18th, 2015), Crazyorange (October 17th, 2015), earthdawn (October 25th, 2015), Miss Fountain Pen (October 17th, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), Sandy Fry (October 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks, rpsyed! Those pictures are awesome. I am very tempted. (Though I think I'd go for a CC and not an ED. I like being able to check the ink level.)

How's the nib flexibility-wise? I know it's not a "flex" nib, but does it have any spring (like JoWo 18K nibs, for instance), or is it basically a nail (like Sailor or Nakaya nibs)?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Fountain Pen For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (October 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Beautiful pen rpsyed. Been looking at those ( and Nakaya ) for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet. ED's scare me though so agree with Miss Fountain Pen and would go with c/c.

David

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy Fry For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i-6whJXz9-M by Carl Wood, on Flickr
    Edison pens photo

Extended Mina in Denim Ebonite - Steel Medium

And the waiting begins.
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cwent2 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 18th, 2015), caribbean_skye (October 17th, 2015), Crazyorange (October 17th, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), rpsyed (October 17th, 2015), VertOlive (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks, rpsyed! Those pictures are awesome. I am very tempted. (Though I think I'd go for a CC and not an ED. I like being able to check the ink level.)

How's the nib flexibility-wise? I know it's not a "flex" nib, but does it have any spring (like JoWo 18K nibs, for instance), or is it basically a nail (like Sailor or Nakaya nibs)?
    It's a bit springy, with a little pressure you can get a little tine spread. I know John Mottishaw can modify the nib to add flex to all Eboya pens, but he said the small and medium are limited in how flexy they can be made. The Large size nib is the most suitable for the flex modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Fry View Post
    Beautiful pen rpsyed. Been looking at those ( and Nakaya ) for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet. ED's scare me though so agree with Miss Fountain Pen and would go with c/c.

David
    Whether C/C or ED, you'll get a great pen, I'm sure. They are incredibly well-made pens.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

Miss Fountain Pen (October 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks, rpsyed! I'm not looking for true flex at this point; I just like having a little bit of spring (more for the feel than for the line variation). With that said... I do like my four Nakayas, even though the nibs (three stubs, one cursive italic) are basically nails.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Fountain Pen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, rpsyed! I'm not looking for true flex at this point; I just like having a little bit of spring (more for the feel than for the line variation). With that said... I do like my four Nakayas, even though the nibs (three stubs, one cursive italic) are basically nails.
    Ahh, I see. I think then the flex mod would probably provide the springy-ness you're looking for.

Wow, four Nakayas! I have one - a clipless Piccolo in Kuro-tamenuri, with a broad nib ground to a left-oblique. I would love to get a Naka-ai in Arai-shu (solid orange urushi) or a special order in the Hiwa-moegi, which is a solid green but lighter and more vibrant in color than regular Midori.

The Nanohana-iro was gorgeous too. I wish I had gotten one before that color was discontinued =/

Danitrio does have something similar in their Hanazono collection though.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 18th, 2015), Miss Fountain Pen (October 17th, 2015), VertOlive (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks

Yup. Four Nakayas.

That green is very pretty! I imagine you'd have to pay extra for a special order like that, though. Yellow and orange are not really my colors, but of course that's subjective.

Anyway, Naka-ai is definitely my favorite Nakaya model. I also have a Deskpen, a NeoStandard, and a Piccolo, and I like them all, but the Naka-ai is just the right length, girth, and weight for me. So... Now I'm looking to get my fifth Nakaya. It'll definitely be a Naka-ai, probably clipless, but I haven't decided which finish I'm going to get. I'm leaning toward the unpolished shu, but I might opt for a shobu or just plain black urushi instead. (Although there's a voice in my head saying "You are NOT paying $550 for a black pen!" It's a very pretty black pen, though.) And of course I need to figure out exactly what nib I want (but I started a separate thread about that one).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Fountain Pen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yup. Four Nakayas.

That green is very pretty! I imagine you'd have to pay extra for a special order like that, though. Yellow and orange are not really my colors, but of course that's subjective.

Anyway, Naka-ai is definitely my favorite Nakaya model. I also have a Deskpen, a NeoStandard, and a Piccolo, and I like them all, but the Naka-ai is just the right length, girth, and weight for me. So... Now I'm looking to get my fifth Nakaya. It'll definitely be a Naka-ai, probably clipless, but I haven't decided which finish I'm going to get. I'm leaning toward the unpolished shu, but I might opt for a shobu or just plain black urushi instead. (Although there's a voice in my head saying "You are NOT paying $550 for a black pen!" It's a very pretty black pen, though.) And of course I need to figure out exactly what nib I want (but I started a separate thread about that one).
    I spoke with nibs.com about a possible Hiwa-moegi order about a month ago. I ended up ordering a Danitrio instead that time. But Nibs.com asked Nakaya and Nakaya responded that they could indeed make a Hiwa-Moegi pen but it would likely take a little longer than the usual 4-6 months for custom orders. I think the price was that of the "premium" solid urushi colors like Toki-iro, or Ama-iro - about a $100 premium over the regular colors.

Yep, no arguing with taste. I love love love orange pens. My Romillo is made from a terracotta ebonite and I have a Shawn Newton on order with black cap, section, blind cap, and Duofold Orange barrel.

I think I have to agree with you on the Naka-ai. When I first ordered my Piccolo, I was ordering blind: I had never used or even seen a Nakaya in person. I went entirely off of pictures and reviews. I loved the proportions of the Piccolo and the Naka-ai would have had a wait for the Kuro-tamenuri finish, while the Piccolo was available immediately. A couple months ago, during a meet-up of Fresno, California area FPN members, I got to write with a couple other Nakaya pens and the Naka-ai, by far, felt the most ergonomic to my hand. And it has those peaked ends that I love so much about the Piccolo.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rpsyed For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 18th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 809 Posts

I'm waiting for this NOS Aurora 88P from Paolo over at Zona900.it

DSCN8444.JPG

DSCN8445.JPG

DSCN8446.JPG

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

bluesea (October 18th, 2015), Bogon07 (October 18th, 2015), earthdawn (October 19th, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), rpsyed (October 18th, 2015)

Thanks

Waiting for a couple of Bexley Continentals NOS.

David

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy Fry For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (October 19th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

I've just ordered another little Kaweco Sports Skyline - this one is a special edition metallic purple colour.

image.jpg

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 20th, 2015), Crazyorange (October 20th, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), Newjelan (October 23rd, 2015), writingrav (October 20th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    I've just ordered another little Kaweco Sports Skyline - this one is a special edition metallic purple colour.

image.jpg
    Congratulations. The metallic coloured plastic looks very attractive. It has nice gloss compared to the satin finish AL SPorts.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

migo984 (October 21st, 2015), rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

image.jpg
    All the subliminal messages are working.....bright colors....bright colors

Love the purple color.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post

image.jpg
    All the subliminal messages are working.....bright colors....bright colors

Love the purple color.
    Ah - so it's you who's been giving me the evil "colour my pens brightly" eye!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (October 22nd, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post

image.jpg
    Congratulations. The metallic coloured plastic looks very attractive. It has nice gloss compared to the satin finish AL SPorts.
    Thank you Bogon. I'll report further on the colour when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 21st, 2015), Mr. Reader (April 4th, 2016), rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Franklin Christoph 66 in "Antique Glass" finally on the way...thanks to whomever posted that pen show photo!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (October 25th, 2015), cwent2 (October 21st, 2015), earthdawn (October 25th, 2015), rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)

Thanks

A Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange with a fine nib. Most of my pens have broad or stub nibs. This is a departure, certainly.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to StacyBean For This Useful Post:

rpsyed (October 21st, 2015)