Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3559

Thread: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Thanks

Default Re: What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Quote Originally Posted by stevekolt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    Oh, I have been so tempted by Blue Dwarf and the red one - can’t remember what it’s called....Supernova, maybe? I already have a Pro Gear Slim in MF, so was thinking on a fine...
    I'm planning on picking up the Pro Gear Slim Blue Green Nebula when it's released also...
    Yes! Just saw a photo of that one. Might be the one I get, instead of the Supernova or Blue Dwarf.

I’m waiting on a Platinum 3776 with a medium nib, the Nice Lavende model. I bought the pink one, Nice Lilas, in a broad nib a few weeks ago...found the nib a little too broad. So I got a fine nib “Bourgogne” off Amazon, and it’s very nice, though ultra fine. I figured the medium will be just right. Though surprisingly, the broad nib has really grown on me...

I kind of don’t like the idea of having 3 of the same pens, not when there are so many choices out there but I really like the 3776. It’s the perfect size for my hand and very comfy to write with.

Thanks

Faber-Castell e-Motion in black with a broad nib.

I took advantage of/was suckered into buying more ink @ cultpens and decided I needed (wanted) another pen as well.

Thanks

Oh, I have been so tempted by Blue Dwarf and the red one - can’t remember what it’s called....Supernova, maybe? I already have a Pro Gear Slim in MF, so was thinking on a fine...
    I'm planning on picking up the Pro Gear Slim Blue Green Nebula when it's released also...
    I kind of don’t like the idea of having 3 of the same pens, not when there are so many choices out there but I really like the 3776. It’s the perfect size for my hand and very comfy to write with.
    Only 3 of the same pen? Not to worry. There are people who are far worse than that —myself for example. I don’t even know how many i have of certain pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Only 3 of the same pen? Not to worry. There are people who are far worse than that —myself for example. I don’t even know how many i have of certain pens.
    Not to mention those who prefer to collect multiples of the same pen...

Seriously, every one is different, and after a while you can even tell them apart, like a mother with identical triplets. Having them in different colours is almost cheating!

Thanks

I'm waiting on a few.

One bought on here that after ten days with USPS is still "In Transit to Next Facility", which I suspect means it hasn't even left Texas yet. I'm not holding my breath for arrival any time soon.

I have the world's silliest pen - a Benu in ridiculously girlie pink with sparkles - due to arrive with me at the end of the week (the seller wasn't allowed to ship it until a fixed date).

The new Pelikan M205 Petrol is on preorder, who knows when that will appear.

And I may have one or two (ahem) little old vintage pens on their way, a NOS Sheaffer 777 (I blame Jon for guilting me into becoming 'mildly' interested in them), a red Parker 21 - more out of nostalgia for a long ago broken one than anything and a little green Merlina to make my Merlin look butch - he's been sulking since another little blue Dutch pen arrived a while ago and needs his ego stroked a bit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 19th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    And I may have one or two (ahem) little old vintage pens on their way, a NOS Sheaffer 777 (I blame Jon for guilting me into becoming 'mildly' interested in them)
    That would be Jon Anderson, lead singer for the band Yes. I have no idea, personally, what mizgeorge is talking about otherwise.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    And I may have one or two (ahem) little old vintage pens on their way, a NOS Sheaffer 777 (I blame Jon for guilting me into becoming 'mildly' interested in them)
    That would be Jon Anderson, lead singer for the band Yes. I have no idea, personally, what mizgeorge is talking about otherwise.
    I never knew he was into pens? What an amazing coincidence.

Thanks

I have a Santini Libra in the honey ebonite on the way. I got a shipping notice today, but i don't think it's been shipped yet. I'm mostly a vintage guy, but Santini seems to do most things the way i'd prefer. For instance, they make their own nibs, use ebonite feeds, & don't put section trim rings on their pens.

Thanks

OK, two more now...Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black M nib, and a Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster B nib.

Thanks

I have the world's silliest pen - a Benu in ridiculously girlie pink with sparkles - due to arrive with me at the end of the week (the seller wasn't allowed to ship it until a fixed date).
    I want one of those silly Benu pens too, maybe the ultra sparkly Vodka on the Rocks. Sparkly is good!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Likely as the amount of pens I have grows, I’ll have more multiples, especially as I discover certain brands that I might favor, but as of now I have only 15 pens - or is it 16? I feel I should be trying more different kinds at this point.

Thanks

It is not a Fountain pen any more !!!!but some scratchy dip pens and a special holder to go with! I could not resist! for this buy!!

Thanks

OK, two more now...Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black M nib, and a Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster B nib.
    That sounds some good stuff!! I love those pens but Sailor has a very different way of publicity for their pens.
    I ended up getting 6pens including 4 Pro-gear slim. I am hunting a Pro gear (Standard normal one as Mont Blanc 146 size) similar to Imperial.
    Even I don't know how to indicate this model as the sailor pens categories are very confusing.
    Great pens but my only disappointment is the Music nib . It is completely useless nib for me. But I am sure B nib is very special.
    I recently found that I could use the Music nib up-side down for fine lines. So I changed my mind not grind that nib into italic .
    Last edited by Cyril; April 29th, 2021 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks

Did you get the Sailor Blue Green Nebula? If so, what do you think? I’ve decided I am buying a pen today…it’s either going to be the Blue Green Nebula or a 1911L, and I want a medium nib. They have that 1911 in “Sparkle Cranberry” now, which is very pretty. I only have one Sailor, a Pro Gear with the 14k nib in MF….so I’m very tempted to get the 1911 for the 21k nib. It’s a bigger pen, which I am sort of preferring, the Pro Gear Slim is so small. The 1911 is also a lot more money….I’ve read that the 21k nib is better, but then I’ve also read that there isn’t much of a difference….

Thanks

Pilot Custom Urushi Black with MF nib.
    "The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

Thanks

Did you get the Sailor Blue Green Nebula? If so, what do you think? I’ve decided I am buying a pen today…it’s either going to be the Blue Green Nebula or a 1911L, and I want a medium nib. They have that 1911 in “Sparkle Cranberry” now, which is very pretty. I only have one Sailor, a Pro Gear with the 14k nib in MF….so I’m very tempted to get the 1911 for the 21k nib. It’s a bigger pen, which I am sort of preferring, the Pro Gear Slim is so small. The 1911 is also a lot more money….I’ve read that the 21k nib is better, but then I’ve also read that there isn’t much of a difference….
    Which one did you get in the end?
    I only ask because I'm blaming this thread for the Blue Green Nebula that arrived with me last week (and promptly got sent back because I hated the Zoom nib) and reappeared this week with a lovely EF. And it's SO pretty!

Thanks

I bought this FP pen made out of olive tree wood, should be here in a couple of days.
    http://www.antiguas.es/p7511091-esti...ava-olivo.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post

Arriving tomorrow hopefully....
    What brand and model is this? Interesting clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

"Only" two: a Leonardo Furore Smeraldo B, and a Ranga Model 3 stub. I bought them a few weeks apart, didn't pay much attention to delivery estimates, and now it looks like they'll arrive the same day next week...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

I'm waiting for a Pelikan M1000 with an EF nib. A few years back I bought one with a M nib and found it difficult to use with my writing style so I sold the pen. I really hope the EF nib in this pen makes all the difference.

PelikanM1000.png