Thread: Zhen Hao 936 Problem

Thanks

Default Zhen Hao 936 Problem

1) When I draw ink into the cartridge it never gets completely filled.

2) With ink in the reservoir, I write for 5 or so min. before a bead of ink forms on the nib, above the tip. Unless I dab it with a paper towel, it falls to the paper creating a blot.

I've spoken with seller who is uncooperative.

Ideas?

Thank you.

Thanks

Default Re: Zhen Hao 936 Problem

I would make sure that the cartridge seats properly on the nipple in the section, a good firm press and possibly see if an extra cartridge will fit in the barrel so that the cartridges sit back to back. Finally, try using a converter instead of a cartridge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I would make sure that the cartridge seats properly on the nipple in the section, a good firm press and possibly see if an extra cartridge will fit in the barrel so that the cartridges sit back to back. Finally, try using a converter instead of a cartridge.
    Thanks for that. It has a converter, not a cartridge, I misspoke. The converter was always weak. In other words, it took several tries before I was finally able to get ink into it. Then, once I did, I could only get it half full, if that. Combined with the blotting problem, I wonder if I have a bad converter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RexinMinn View Post
    Thanks for that. It has a converter, not a cartridge, I misspoke. The converter was always weak. In other words, it took several tries before I was finally able to get ink into it. Then, once I did, I could only get it half full, if that. Combined with the blotting problem, I wonder if I have a bad converter.
    Yes, I would say it is faulty. Sounds like an air leak. Try another or a cartridge, you will need an international standard cartridge.

Thanks

Yes, I would say it is faulty. Sounds like an air leak. Try another or a cartridge, you will need an international standard cartridge.
    I'd like to try another converter. If you have any idea where I could pick one up for this model, please let me know when you can. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Note that the only reasonable (and non-messy) way to completely fill a converter is with a syringe. If you attach it to the section and dip the nib in the ink source, you are pulling up the air that is inside the feed and section before getting ink, and that air will always be present in the converter.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

RexinMinn (April 20th, 2023)

Thanks

I'd like to try another converter. If you have any idea where I could pick one up for this model, please let me know when you can. Thanks again!
    The complete pen and converter sells for $10 on eBay including shipping, many pen shops will sell you a better quality converter, just google fountain pen ink converter and it should bring up some options, you need an international converter, the big seller is Jin hao but their converters are not great either, look for a European maker.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

RexinMinn (April 20th, 2023)

Thanks

I found Goulet Pens website at https://www.gouletpens.com/ and am awaiting their reply on my inquiry regarding converters. So we'll see what they say.

Thanks

I found Goulet Pens website at https://www.gouletpens.com/ and am awaiting their reply on my inquiry regarding converters. So we'll see what they say.
    Good choice on Goulet

Goulet have a $5 converter that should work. If you are placing an order with them perhaps you should consider some cartridges at the same time, they sell Diamine and Monteverde cartridges for just a few dollars more and worth it to have a back up supply when you are away from home.