Thanks

Exclamation Mother's Day 2023

The Measure of Mother

What are your remembrances?

https://deadreckoning1.wordpress.com...ure-of-mother/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: Mother's Day 2023

Hey, Bill. Thanks for posting this. More strong writing from you (and others). I spent time with my mother yesterday (I am the only one of her four children who lives anywhere near her--next closest is Ohio, she is in NH). She is still alive, so I can't/won't write much about her except to say that she is one of the reasons that I think that women are stronger than men. I will have to write her eulogy one day; it is hard to imagine that I will be able to do anything more than reverential silence.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Brilliant Bill (May 15th, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: Mother's Day 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Hey, Bill. Thanks for posting this. More strong writing from you (and others). I spent time with my mother yesterday (I am the only one of her four children who lives anywhere near her--next closest is Ohio, she is in NH). She is still alive, so I can't/won't write much about her except to say that she is one of the reasons that I think that women are stronger than men. I will have to write her eulogy one day; it is hard to imagine that I will be able to do anything more than reverential silence.
    Thanks. At the risk of tearing up, you may try reading what I wrote when my mother died:

https://deadreckoning1.wordpress.com...n-joes-pillow/

I couldn't do an actual eulogy, although I did wing one for my father. Turns out my niece wrote and delivered one of the finest eulogies I've ever witnessed.

Two pieces of advice:

1. Do some work on the eulogy now before she goes away; it will help a lot.

2. Cherish her and the time you have with her every day. When she's gone, she's long time gone!! (I have offered this unsolicited advice to adults when I see them in the supermarket with elderly parents!) I'd so love to take one more trip through the supermarket aisles with mom!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brilliant Bill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (May 15th, 2023)