Thread: Some Very nice and Some Uncommon Modern Parker Duofolds

Thanks

Default Some Very nice and Some Uncommon Modern Parker Duofolds

Offered here is a grouping of very nice modern Parker Duofold fountain pens, including some uncommon ones. Two of the pens (No. 2 and No. 9) are International size, all the rest are the larger, Centennial size.

CONDITION: Most of these pens are NOS. A couple of them I cannot verify they have never been used, so I have listed them as mint, although there does not appear to be any signs of use or filling. The pens that came in unusual/specialized boxes come with the original boxes; specifically Pen Nos. 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 13 (Pinstripe, Lucky Eight, Rockwell, Esparto and Mosaic) . I do not have the original boxes for the other pens, but can supply a Duofold box on request for them. All pens are C/C fill systems and a converter comes in each pen.

SHIPPING: I’m a bit obsessive about packaging, so apologies in advance for all the bubble wrap and popcorn. All prices include USPS priority shipping in CONUS and insurance for the full amount of the pen.

PHOTOGRAPHS: For reasons of space, my ad consists of group photos. If you would like more detailed photos of a specific pen or its acessories, please contact me by PM or email (doug1808@gmail.com).

TRAY No. 1

SOLD Pen No. 1 Centennial Chocolate Pinstripe, NOS with 18K medium nib. Comes with original outer sleeve, beautiful wooden case, felt cover, handkerchief. $625

SOLD Pen No. 2 International size Navy pinstripe, mint with 18K medium nib. Includes original outer sleeve, beautiful wooden case, felt cover, handkerchief. $375

Pen No. 3 WITHDRAWN

Pen No. 4 [/B] SOLD Beautiful Jade Centennial Duofold. Gorgeous finish that is not all that common, especially in NOS. This one has an 18K medium nib, but if you prefer, you can upgrade to a No. 89 broad oblique 18K proper Parker nib for only $50. $425 with medium nib; $475 with oblique medium nib.

Pen No. 5 WITHDRAWN

SOLD Pen No. 7 Also from the early 1990’s, Parker issued the Sterling Silver Collection, similar to the Gold pen, but in Sterling Silver. This one also appears NOS, but again, I’m listing as mint. 18K Medium nib. $395.

Pen No. 8 WITHDRAWN

Pen No. 9 WITHDRAWN

Pen No. 10[/B] SOLD Centennial Duofold in blue marble. A beautiful, NOS pen with 18K No. 97-. broad oblique nib. $360.

TRAY No. 2
    Pen No. 11 SOLD Centennial Duofold in burgundy marble. A beautiful, NOS pen with 18K No. 77-. Fine oblique nib. $360.

Pen No.. 12 SOLD Centennial Duofold in green marble. A beautiful, NOS pen with 18K No. 94-. Medium italic nib. $360.

SOLD Pen No. 13 Centennial black Mosaic Duofold. From Parker’s Mosaic Duofold series, this is the black Mosaic version in the Centennial size. NOS with a medium 18K rhodium plated nib. Includes all original boxes, paperwork. $495.

SOLDPen No. 14 Yes, hard to believe, but an actual black Duofold Centennial. NOS with an 18K F nib. Classic and classy. $ 295.

SOLD Pen No. 15 Obviously, it’s a pencil, not a pen. Classic orange, with the Duofold logo on top of the cap. These are very well made mechanical pencils, and it works smooth as the day it was manufactured. $95.

Thanks for looking, and hope you at least enjoyed the eye candy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dougb1426; August 22nd, 2023 at 02:12 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dougb1426 For This Useful Post:

markiv (May 21st, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: Some Very nice and Some Uncommon Modern Parker Duofolds

Pens No. 2 and No. 14 are sold.

Thanks

BUMP

Thanks

Hello Doug, I have a question for you. I would like to find a good first Duofold and would like to hear your take on where you recommend I might start. My current daily is a M800 and prior to that was a Nakaya Neo Standard. Seems like many of the Duofolds are larger pens as well, which is appealing. Anyway, thank you for your thoughts!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRhys View Post
    Hello Doug, I have a question for you. I would like to find a good first Duofold and would like to hear your take on where you recommend I might start. My current daily is a M800 and prior to that was a Nakaya Neo Standard. Seems like many of the Duofolds are larger pens as well, which is appealing. Anyway, thank you for your thoughts!
    Well, my first piece of advice is to beware the slippery slope. There are lots of very nice modern Duofolds out there, but as long as you are just looking for a single daily writer, you'll be okay. As for specific advice, I think you would be most comfortable with the centennial size Duofold. The international size is almost as long, but it is a fair amount smaller diameter, and feels significantly smaller in your hand. Since you are accustomed to using an M800, I think you would find the international size Duofold a bit puny. Some of the international size, like the Mosaic series are really attractive. The solid black and orange, though, look small IMO.
    Next, I would recommend you choose either a solid black or orange centennial with gold trim. Both pens are classy in their own right, and usually less expensive than some of the more colorful or special edition models. You can always move on up the colorful scale if you really get into modern Duofolds. Nib wise all I can offer is my personal preferences. I like F and stub nibs. Since you have been using a Pelikan, which usually flow wet, you might be happy with a medium Duofold nib.

Hope this little bit of info is helpful. If you have some additional questions, feel free to email me doug1808@gmail.com

Doug

Thanks

Pens 2, 7, 14 & 15 are sold

Thanks

There is a market for Good Made Better.

Message was sent using Tapatalk from my SM-G781V.

To become the ultimate online boss in Shell Shockers, players must first defeat their rivals. Combat in this game is intense and fast-paced across a number of stages, with players using a wide array of weapons, from snipers and rifles to reggies, grenades, and more. Give your character a leg up on the competition by giving them an appearance of their own with a variety of faces, caps, and equipment. With its tactical warfare and focus on skill, Shell Shockers is a lot of fun to play.

Thanks

Pens 2, 4, 7, 10, 14 and 15 are sold.

Thanks

Pens 2, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 are sold.

Thanks

Bump for Esparto price reduction
    Last edited by dougb1426; July 22nd, 2023 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks

bump