Thread: Other Civil Unrest and Protest prosecutions (BLM and others)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Other Civil Unrest and Protest prosecutions (BLM and others)

For those interested, the US Department of Justice has a dscription and list of various federal prosections for the civil unrest often referred to as "BLM protests". That summary is here, with many links to the specific prosection cases. I suppose that states also have their own criminal cases and lists.

"BLM" federal prosecutions list For anyone interested, this seems a good starting place for getting informed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Default Re: Other Civil Unrest and Protest prosecutions (BLM and others)

Do you imagine Seney wishes to be informed?

Thanks for the effort, but you'll probably be disappointed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

Seney? No.

I didn't know about some of these, so I thought that I would post them. I imagine that very few people will read about them. But, still, someone may stumble onto the link and take a look. You never know.

It will be interesting to see what unrest (or violence) comes up this summer--and next--as we enter the next presidential election. Perhaps local, state, and federal officers will be very busy monitoring, arresting, and prosectuing citizens again. I hope for a calmer election season, but the anti-democratic rhetoric is already heating up again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

Seney? No.

I didn't know about some of these, so I thought that I would post them. I imagine that very few people will read about them. But, still, someone may stumble onto the link and take a look. You never know.

It will be interesting to see what unrest (or violence) comes up this summer--and next--as we enter the next presidential election. Perhaps local, state, and federal officers will be very busy monitoring, arresting, and prosectuing citizens again. I hope for a calmer election season, but the anti-democratic rhetoric is already heating up again.
    It really is hard to figure out which of the two of you is more stupid than the other.
    It really is a toss up,.........
    You both are insufferable fools completely blinded by a world you want to believe exists and with absolutely no interest in data or evidence based facts that would inform one about the world which does exist.

What you have provided is a document from 2020 listing the number of people who have been "charged" with a crime.
    Here is a direct quote from your link: "An indictment and criminal complaint merely alleges that crimes have been committed. The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law."

The real question, morons, is what percent of those "charged" have been subsequently prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.
    THEN
    Compare that percentage of January 6th individuals who were "charged" with crimes and how many of them have subsequently been prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.
    (Funny, you use 2023 reports for that data. Coincidence?? I think not.)

Go ahead, fellas, check it out..........A few minutes away from your circle jerk might do you both some good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (June 7th, 2023)

Thanks

Seney, I can't remember if I have stated this or not regarding you.

I am not responding to you on topic ever again. I have you on ignore, and only occasionally look at what you post. Half the time I think that you are just another screen name for the person posting as "dneal," (your language and points often echo each other). I consider you to be the most toxic presence on this website. You, too, I tried for a month or two to humanize and draw out. kazoo openly suggested that I not bother to try, that I would be disappointed (I think that he knew something that I did not). I persisted anyway, and then fully gave up when you went after EoC and suggested that you might contact his employer (dneal said the same thing). You seem bent on showering these back forum threads with your venom and animus toward other forum members, time and time and time again. Some of our threads even became tagged with aspersions familiar in your posts.

I don't know why Chip ever responds to you any longer, but I guess he sees some fun in it. Your posts simply reveal the nature of whatever dynamic you are looking for here.

Thanks

I am not responding to you on topic ever again. I have you on ignore, and only occasionally look at what you post. Half the time I think that you are just another screen name for the person posting as "dneal," (your language and points often echo each other). I consider you to be the most toxic presence on this website. You, too, I tried for a month or two to humanize and draw out. kazoo openly suggested that I not bother to try, that I would be disappointed (I think that he knew something that I did not). I persisted anyway, and then fully gave up when you went after EoC and suggested that you might contact his employer (dneal said the same thing). You seem bent on showering these back forum threads with your venom and animus toward other forum members, time and time and time again. Some of our threads even became tagged with aspersions familiar in your posts.

I don't know why Chip ever responds to you any longer, but I guess he sees some fun in it. Your posts simply reveal the nature of whatever dynamic you are looking for here.
    Horrors!! You're ignoring me???
    Could have fooled me given this latest "airball;" a signature TSherbs move when he has been discredited or otherwise proven wrong.

Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who gives a rat's ass what you do or think.

I never have.... and never will........ get sucked into responding to the so called "humanizing" (read: prying) questions you have repeatedly used to try and bait me.
    At least half the stuff you have said about me you have made up and, then like everything else in the world, once you say it out loud to yourself three times, you are convinced it's a fact. And when you are challenged to prove it you fall back into your ignore mode.

Teddie you, even more than Chip, have absolutely no sense of self-awareness. You are so insanely disingenuous; it never ceases to amaze.
    As for toxic, profane and foul, you far outdistance the pack.

As for me, I'll never put you on my ignore list. I need all the good laughs your inane, self righteous posts provide on a daily basis.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (June 7th, 2023)

Thanks

I am hoping that law enforcement has learned about how to better surveil and monitor potentially criminal planning and to respond more quickly to unrest. Hopefully, we will also not have the same levels of unrest. But gun violence has not been abating, and rhetoric has heated up. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

Horrors!! You're ignoring me???
    Could have fooled me given this latest "airball;" a signature TSherbs move when he has been discredited or otherwise proven wrong.

Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who gives a rat's ass what you do or think.

I never have.... and never will........ get sucked into responding to the so called "humanizing" (read: prying) questions you have repeatedly used to try and bait me.
    At least half the stuff you have said about me you have made up and, then like everything else in the world, once you say it out loud to yourself three times, you are convinced it's a fact. And when you are challenged to prove it you fall back into your ignore mode.

Teddie you, even more than Chip, have absolutely no sense of self-awareness. You are so insanely disingenuous; it never ceases to amaze.
    As for toxic, profane and foul, you far outdistance the pack.

As for me, I'll never put you on my ignore list. I need all the good laughs your inane, self righteous posts provide on a daily basis.
    The bolded part is spot on.

I thought it curious that, after accusing Chuck of doing this; here TSherbs is again invoking me for some reason. He seems obsessed (although not quite as much as he obsesses over grandmas being charged for trespassing at the capitol, as they attempted their most violent insurrection since, well, EVER!!!).
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

kazoo openly suggested that I not bother to try, that I would be disappointed (I think that he knew something that I did not).I persisted anyway....
    What I knew was that your overture was likely to fail. Wrong person, wrong approach. Then you persisted. And failed.
    The tone of your post might lead a reader to conclude I am taking your side: I am not.
    Take some time for introspection, and please keep me out further discussion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

724Seney (June 7th, 2023), dneal (June 7th, 2023)

Thanks

Conservatives: boycott Target unless they take the trans stuff off the shelves.

Liberals: make bomb threats against Target until they put the toddler-tuck bikinis back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Liberals: make bomb threats against Target until they put the toddler-tuck bikinis back.
    After which they will claim it was just a peaceful protest...........

Thanks

I think the term is “mostly peaceful protest”

Never mind those burning buildings…

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (June 13th, 2023)