Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 137

Thread: RFK Jr.

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    You da tough guy! I haven't seen that kind of "bragging" in an adult in a long time... Maybe not since the last time you told us how mean you are....So, not so long since, after all ...
    Stating fact isn't bragging. You can't troll me. You can't get under my skin. I can be much more mean than you, there's just no need. You don't have the emotional maturity to even handle jokes about English majors - let alone actual criticism. Why you think you can vacillate between expletives and faux moral outrage (not to mention hall monitor) with any credibility left intact just demonstrates your lack of grasp on reality.

    Now go ahead and proclaim how you're putting me on ignore, like a petulant toddler, again.

    "If I know your sect, I anticipate your argument." - Emerson

    You're predictable.
    1005-0

  2. #42
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    At least you're starting to grasp some facts (although the number is likely higher than 1005).
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  3. #43
    Senior Member Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    I got under your skin, Dilbert.



    So- how long were you a passenger in that helicopter vs. how many days at a gray steel desk?

  4. #44
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Cow Chip, I was trying to help you and explain why it isn’t effective. Setting it up as an opportunity to ridicule you was just a bonus, but here you are trying it again.

    You’re the guy who whined about Lloyd making fun of your name. You’re the guy who started a thread crying about how to delete another, because people were being mean and quoting Hillary. Maybe you should claim to put me on ignore again too. How many times would that make now?

    But hey, good job working in the ‘all about you’ narcissism again!
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    You da tough guy! I haven't seen that kind of "bragging" in an adult in a long time... Maybe not since the last time you told us how mean you are....So, not so long since, after all ...
    Stating fact isn't bragging. You can't troll me. You can't get under my skin. I can be much more mean than you, there's just no need.
    Here's that tough guy stuff again.

    Weird stuff. I'm not sure who you think is impressed by this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    *yawn*

    You're almost as bad at this as Chip.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    "This"? What, this adolescent I'm-tougher-than-you stuff?

    Dude, you're the king.

  8. #48
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Said the guy who regularly devolves to a string of F bombs.

    Go back and look at what I said about your vacillation and credibility, and your posts yesterday. 31 is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    If you’re waiting for the legacy media to publish an op ed that will impress you, it will be a while

    It amazes me how many of you will parrot whatever the NYT or WashPost will say, but will spend no time or effort examining a candidate based on their own words.

    Still no one sees the shades of Orwell in the behavior.
    Oh just shut the fuck up, dneal. You don't know what you're talking about. I have not been sharing here what I have watched and read about this man. You continually mistake lack of engagement with *you* as lack of interest in the topics. I have had multiple conversations with actual humans whose names I know about RFK. I have watched portions of three interviews, going back 5 or so years. I have also read most of the pieces linked here.

    Just fuck off already with your misinformed criticisms of members here who are mostly just sick of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Someone has to tell you straight. Might as well be me.
    Who is the “tough guy”?

    Moron.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

    724Seney (July 8th, 2023)

  10. #49
    Senior Member Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: RFK Jr.



    Pretty simple to pluck a photo off the web.

    Was I there? No.

    But when you post a photo of a gun and an open door with a mudbrick settlement beneath, I did you the courtesy of believing what you said.

    Why should I bother, when you've called me a liar and/or stupid so many times?

    I am neither. But I'm tired of your incessant spite and rudeness.

    You don't want discussion. You want a target.

  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Said the guy who regularly devolves to a string of F bombs.

    .
    Typical troll tactic: be outrageous, and then also mock the outrage when it comes.

    Look, dneal, you have told us, in strident terms, that you are here to mock and poke liberals and laugh at their responses. You even said that the idiots here were like your laboratory and you just like watching how they respond to your posts. You tell us repeatedly that you have no feelings engaged and that you can't be affected by what anyone says. You snipe at those who stop responding to you, and you snipe at those who do respond. You accuse every critic of "confession through projection" with a gaping "yawn" for tonal emphasis. You seem particularly annoyed with anyone who won't debate or argue with you. You even threaten members with worse treatment of or when it would suit you. Despite all this, I tried humanizing you here. It failed because, once again, you declared "let the games begin" and you went on a months-long trolling rip following several of us around to mock and taunt, even when we were not talking to you or about you.

    With all these posts and declarations in your past, why do you expect anyone ever to trust anything more that you say or to treat it with even a modicum of sincerity?

  12. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

    Why should I bother, when you've called me a liar and/or stupid so many times?

    I am neither. But I'm tired of your incessant spite and rudeness.

    You don't want discussion. You want a target.
    See my post just above. I have witnessed this guys posts for years. He has made clear what his purpose is here (unless even those statements are some sort of troll maneuver).

  13. #52
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Pretty simple to pluck a photo off the web.

    Was I there? No.

    But when you post a photo of a gun and an open door with a mudbrick settlement beneath, I did you the courtesy of believing what you said.

    Why should I bother, when you've called me a liar and/or stupid so many times?

    I am neither. But I'm tired of your incessant spite and rudeness.

    You don't want discussion. You want a target.
    Indeed it is. How do we know all those pictures you post are of you? You would offer the same criticism were I to do that. "How do I know that's you???"

    Here's the thing though. I don't care what you or anyone else on the internet thinks of me. I don't have a lot of pictures of myself, because I take pictures of things besides myself. You appear to spend a lot of time making sure you're the centerpiece, rather than the experience.

    How many of your posts begin or include some reference to you? "I'm a Cowboy, see this picture of me?", "Look at me in my sailor hat!", "I know that's Ireland because I visited it", "I spit on fascist door-knobs".

    I'm not a narcissist. You certainly seem to be.

    Your post history is one of spite and rudeness, but you project that on others. This goes all the way back to your arrival, and your first claim to be "ignoring" me. If you don't like what I post, feel free to ignore me. Fact is, you don't have the mental discipline - because you can't stand the thought of someone talking about you, because you're a narcissist, because you're petty and insecure.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

    724Seney (July 8th, 2023)

  15. #53
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Said the guy who regularly devolves to a string of F bombs.

    .
    Typical troll tactic: be outrageous, and then also mock the outrage when it comes.

    Look, dneal, you have told us, in strident terms, that you are here to mock and poke liberals and laugh at their responses. You even said that the idiots here were like your laboratory and you just like watching how they respond to your posts. You tell us repeatedly that you have no feelings engaged and that you can't be affected by what anyone says. You snipe at those who stop responding to you, and you snipe at those who do respond. You accuse every critic of "confession through projection" with a gaping "yawn" for tonal emphasis. You seem particularly annoyed with anyone who won't debate or argue with you. You even threaten members with worse treatment of or when it would suit you. Despite all this, I tried humanizing you here. It failed because, once again, you declared "let the games begin" and you went on a months-long trolling rip following several of us around to mock and taunt, even when we were not talking to you or about you.

    With all these posts and declarations in your past, why do you expect anyone ever to trust anything more that you say or to treat it with even a modicum of sincerity?
    If you believe it's troll behavior, why does it still affect you so easily?

    Like Chip, you seem to be a petty, miserable person. That's unfortunate.

    Maybe there's another for-sale thread you can go disrupt and whine about your lack of income.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

    724Seney (July 8th, 2023)

  17. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Said the guy who regularly devolves to a string of F bombs.

    .
    Typical troll tactic: be outrageous, and then also mock the outrage when it comes.

    Look, dneal, you have told us, in strident terms, that you are here to mock and poke liberals and laugh at their responses. You even said that the idiots here were like your laboratory and you just like watching how they respond to your posts. You tell us repeatedly that you have no feelings engaged and that you can't be affected by what anyone says. You snipe at those who stop responding to you, and you snipe at those who do respond. You accuse every critic of "confession through projection" with a gaping "yawn" for tonal emphasis. You seem particularly annoyed with anyone who won't debate or argue with you. You even threaten members with worse treatment of or when it would suit you. Despite all this, I tried humanizing you here. It failed because, once again, you declared "let the games begin" and you went on a months-long trolling rip following several of us around to mock and taunt, even when we were not talking to you or about you.

    With all these posts and declarations in your past, why do you expect anyone ever to trust anything more that you say or to treat it with even a modicum of sincerity?
    If you believe it's troll behavior....
    I "know" that it is because you declared so yourself. It's not "confession through projection," it's just straight confession.

    My point is, why should anyone treat any of your posts as sincere? Why should we think you are here for any reason other than the one you declared (and has been corroborated by your post behavior)?

    You don't care what others think of you. Fine. What we have come to think is that you are not much more than a pugilistic, self-serving con.

  18. #55
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs
    I "know" that it is because you declared so yourself.
    False.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  19. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    @dneal And here, once again, you've been declaring that you don't care what anyone thinks of you on the internet. You brag that this is about your "thick skin" and self "discipline." But what about a "conscience" and "ethic" for your posting behaviors on the internet? When you smeared Chuck with the suggestion that he was interested in perversion in his work with premature birth babies, I became convinced that you have no conscience or ethic at all. True, then, you can certainly be a bastard when you try. And maybe it's as easy for you as you suggest.

    Your boastful tone about it suggests a questionable sense of conscience underneath. It's just another reason to doubt your purposes beyond toying with those you perceive as mice in your ego games here.

    Why don't you fuck off to some other internet playground?

  20. #57
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    @dneal And here, once again, you've been declaring that you don't care what anyone thinks of you on the internet. You brag that this is about your "thick skin" and self "discipline." But what about a "conscience" and "ethic" for your posting behaviors on the internet? When you smeared Chuck with the suggestion that he was interested in perversion in his work with premature birth babies, I became convinced that you have no conscience or ethic at all. True, then, you can certainly be a bastard when you try. And maybe it's as easy for you as you suggest.

    Your boastful tone about it suggests a questionable sense of conscience underneath. It's just another reason to doubt your purposes beyond toying with those you perceive as mice in your ego games here.

    Why don't you fuck off to some other internet playground?
    Well, you’re back to your F*ckety McF*ckface persona.

    Perhaps pose your question to yourself. Why don’t you? Apparently this one causes you consternation.

    Although you ignore facts when it’s convenient, you might discover I was having conversations in this section long before Trump broke your brain and you needed an outlet.

    On another note, what exactly have you contributed to the larger forum? A pen or ink review? Help with a new user learning about pens? Anything other than drive-by thread-shitting about what displeased you at the moment?

    Even Chuck started an Esterbrook thread.

    -edit-

    A quick perusal of your profile and “latest started threads” seems to not look favorably, but this one gave me a chuckle.
    Last edited by dneal; July 8th, 2023 at 06:41 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

  21. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    So, no conscience or ethic.

    <check>

    a good bit of but-you-suck-too tho

  22. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,655
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Said the guy who regularly devolves to a string of F bombs.

    .
    ....Look, dneal, you have told us, in strident terms, that you are here to mock and poke liberals and laugh at their responses. You even said that the idiots here were like your laboratory and you just like watching how they respond to your posts. You tell us repeatedly that you have no feelings engaged and that you can't be affected by what anyone says. You snipe at those who stop responding to you, and you snipe at those who do respond. You accuse every critic of "confession through projection" with a gaping "yawn" for tonal emphasis. You seem particularly annoyed with anyone who won't debate or argue with you. You even threaten members with worse treatment of or when it would suit you. Despite all this, I tried humanizing you here. It failed because, once again, you declared "let the games begin" and you went on a months-long trolling rip following several of us around to mock and taunt, even when we were not talking to you or about you.

    With all these posts and declarations in your past, why do you expect anyone ever to trust anything more that you say or to treat it with even a modicum of sincerity?
    repeat

  23. #60
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: RFK Jr.

    What I find particularly interesting is that you admit in your "please delete my account" thread (from almost 6 years ago) that you don't have the self-discipline to stay away unless someone makes you by deleting your account.

    Let me reiterate your point. You admit lack of self-discipline.

    Not that I didn't know it (and point it out repeatedly), but how you ignore your way out of your own words (again) will be interesting to watch.

    It's why you're easily triggered.
    It's why you vacillate emotionally.
    It's why you can't really "ignore" other posters.

    You exhibit textbook emotional immaturity. Denial (not acknowledging a problem at all or even refusing to believe it exists), projection (taking their own undesirable characteristics such as poor anger management and ascribing them to others), etc...

    At this point, I could mock you and post multiple studies that correlate liberal attitudes and diagnosed mental problems; but I won't.

    Instead, I'll give you the highlights of an idea I've been fleshing out:

    There is a common notion about current society - referred to as a "religion shaped hole" (Bret Weinstein), "rise of the new puritans" (Noah Rothman), etc... that seems to be (mainly) afflicting left.

    My hypothesis is that they (and you) have no framework for your existence and place in the world. Our reason is the gift (or curse) the universe provided humans. We're aware of our own demise. We're aware that we're insignificant to a cosmic scale. It prompts the question of "why?".

    Most of human history has used myth/religion to answer the unanswerable "why" questions. You know the game. The child asks "why is the sky blue?", they get an answer about wavelengths being reflected or refracted; and they then ask "why?" again. At some point, there is no answer.

    The religious will rest on God. The scientific will rest on the Big-Bang, quantum physics, or other theoretical explanations that can't be empirically proven. Descartes took a different approach, denying everything until he found he could not deny that he was denying; arriving at Cogito Ergo Sum.

    It seems insignificant, or philosophic / religious trifles; but the framework for reality and our place in it rests on the answer. Mankind fought wars over it (and still do). Millions of humans murdered each other in disagreement over the answer to "why?" That's not insignificant. To destroy the foundation of the framework our understanding of reality rests on is not insignificant.

    Many have thrown off God (or formal religion). They inadvertently threw off the foundation for their reality. That's what Atheism is. Denial. That's ok, but you have to replace God with something. You have to make Kierkegaard's "Leap of Faith" to something. That leap is assuming something is true, even if you can never hope to prove it. Where have you leapt? Atheism doesn't provide anything - and certainly not any type of framework to base reality on (let alone ethics).

    Without that framework, our reason is based on nothing. We're just animals using emotion as instinct, metaphorically sniffing each thing as it comes along and making a decision how to deal with it. Emoting rather than reasoning, and using the power of reason to rationalize. Mistaking feeling for thinking, to paraphrase Twain.

    Look at tribal society reacting to fear. One side fears a disease and the other fears the vaccine, just as one example. The reaction for and against Trump is visceral, as another. Scared animals are dangerous, and lethally so. BLM riots and Jan 6 riots are no different in cause, which is simply fear.

    Look at the responses to this thread. RFKjr is a kook! A conspiracy theorist! Just emoting (and op-eds designed to steer those emotions). It's really no different than citing religious verse. A reliance on someone else's opinion, because it feels right.

    It's why I started the retirement thread, because I suspected you would find it particularly difficult. A large part of your identity (i.e.: framework) is gone. I started that thread because I'm not what you think. I'm actually more caring than you suspect.

    I'm confident because I have my framework thoroughly worked out. I'm ok knowing that I leapt over a chasm of the unknowable to get here. I incorporate philosophy, science and spirituality, and am at peace. Chuck and others rely on religion. Some rely on the Enlightenment and principles laid out by the Founders.

    That's all a little hasty and haphazard, but it'll do for the moment. Feel free to respond with snark - it bothers me not in the least. I'd rather discuss it, here or in another thread.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •